What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bullfighting - pretty effed up "sport" (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Just watched an HBO Realsports story about Bullfighting. I had no idea how effed up the practice is. 

Essentially a dude on an armored horse spears the bull to slow him down. Then another dude stabs him repeatedly with these barbed sticks. 

Then the matador wears out the bull by enticing him to attack his cape. Once the bull is exhausted he attempts to stab the bull through he heart. 

:thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's brutal and absolutely barbaric. I don't understand how this is still a thing today. It's animal torture for entertainment. 

I'm always happy when I hear a story about the bull goring the matador. F these guys 

It's not a sport. It's a human taking advantage of a less intelligent animal for entertainment. It's disgusting. 

I love watching them get gored.

If you are going to antagonize a beast of an animal that can kill you with the intention of killing it for my entertainment, dont expect me to care about the outcome either way as I just want to be entertained. I am more entertained when the bull wins. 

If you need to prove you are a man then challenge another man.

I am officially challenging any matadors that post here to an MMA bout.

im calling you out Eduardo Carochio!

Just watched an HBO Realsports story about Bullfighting. I had no idea how effed up the practice is. 

Essentially a dude on an armored horse spears the bull to slow him down. Then another dude stabs him repeatedly with these barbed sticks. 

Then the matador wears out the bull by enticing him to attack his cape. Once the bull is exhausted he attempts to stab the bull through he heart. 

:thumbdown:
It's essentially the same methods women use to get a guy to agree to marriage. Brutal!

With MMA and hunting as big as they are in this country, this doesn't seem all that barbaric. 

BUT OTIS, THE HUNTERS ARE DOING IT FOR THE PELTS!!!  THEY ARE COLD!  ALSO THEY GREW UP DOING IT WITH THEIR DADDY SO IT'S OK!!!!

At least in a bullfight, the bull has a chance to injur or kill their human opposition, compared to deer hunting.  The difference is that deer hunting happens in woods without spectators while bullfighting happens in an arena with non-participants watching.

Is it the presence of spectators that makes it more barbaric? Or the method of killing (gun / crossbow vs. lances / sword)?

I went to one about 20 years ago. It was awful and barbaric. I'm also ashamed to admit that with the Pacifico flowing, it was a damn good time.

:lmao:   Are you really comparing hunting to bullfighting?  I don't hang out here much anymore.  Did I miss a recent hunting thread?

Bullfighting is barbaric.  Last I knew, hunters weren't shooting 10 arrows into a deer to tire it out just so another guy could come along and stab it.  Haven't hunted for a while, so maybe that's a new thing.  :shrug:
Last time I checked, hunters were still lying in wait at garbage dumps   to shoot unsuspecting bears looking to lick a little leftover cheese wiz out of the jar.   

At least in a bullfight, the bull has a chance to injur or kill their human opposition, compared to deer hunting.  The difference is that deer hunting happens in woods without spectators while bullfighting happens in an arena with non-participants watching.

Is it the presence of spectators that makes it more barbaric? Or the method of killing (gun / crossbow vs. lances / sword)?
At least with deer hunting there is a chance of a somewhat painless death. The deer's death is not much different from way thousands of cows and pigs are killed every day.

With MMA and hunting as big as they are in this country, this doesn't seem all that barbaric. 
I don't hunt myself, but don't take offense to hunting other than the canned hunts. I take more offense to dog fighting or cockfighting.

Not a fan of bullfighting regardless of who wins. Didn't even care for the way the dumb Bulls were taken advantage of in the Butler trade.

When hunting is done well, the animal dies with minimal pain and is used for food.  But there are certainly a lot of ###hole sport hunters out there. 

When hunting is done well, the animal dies with minimal pain and is used for food.  But there are certainly a lot of ###hole sport hunters out there. 
I've probably taken 100 deer in my life.  I have eaten a #### ton of venison but have no trophies.  I don't know if I'm typical or not.

OH MAN THATS SO CRAZY TO COMPARE HUNTING AND BULLFIGHTING!!  ONE IS A REALLY UNFAIR THING PEOPLE DO FOR ENTERTAINMENT WHERE THEY USE WEAPONS TO KILL INNOCENT ANIMALS AND THE OTHER IS A REALLY UNFAIR THING PEOPLE DO FOR ENTERTAINMENT WHERE THEY USE WEAPONS TO KILL INNOCENT ANIMALS!!!!  

Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor. Also Hemingway was a suicudal drunk. 

Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor. Also Hemingway was a suicudal drunk. 
That's the first thing I think of. And Hemingway was a drunk who was being monitored by Hoover and whose friends thought was paranoid but was proved right later on when his FBI files were released. He was being watched and monitored. There were bugs in his lamp. 

Jesus, this country.  

Funny example here of OH MAN THAT IS SOOOO BARBARIC and absolutely nothing like what I do, which is totally different. 

No MMA defenders in here yet?  Those people are sick.  They're also a huge majority of the voters who elected Trump. 

Dang dude, it's the weekend. Why are you trolling so hard?

Besides, UFC fight night kicked off 7 minutes ago.

Go hug a tree or something, BLOUSE.

No MMA defenders in here yet?  Those people are sick.  They're also a huge majority of the voters who elected Trump. 
WTF are you going on about? MMA is a sport, between two people that have made the decision to train their bodies to the pinnacle of fitness. They choose to put their bodies on the line to fight each other. They are paid for their efforts. 

That is in no way comparable to bullfighting. Bullfighting is animal torture for entertainment. The bulls don't get a choice. 

WTF are you going on about? MMA is a sport, between two people that have made the decision to train their bodies to the pinnacle of fitness. They choose to put their bodies on the line to fight each other. They are paid for their efforts. 

That is in no way comparable to bullfighting. Bullfighting is animal torture for entertainment. The bulls don't get a choice. 
UFC looks pretty barbaric to me. Odd to me that people enjoy watching it. 

But you're right, it's different. I agree with that. 

Dang dude, it's the weekend. Why are you trolling so hard?

Besides, UFC fight night kicked off 7 minutes ago.

Go hug a tree or something, BLOUSE.
Does your Calvin sticker pee on the Ford logo or the Chevy logo?

Eh, I find it distasteful, but it's nothing like it used to be. The training, discipline, and genuine respect those guys have for each other really is impressive. 

Its not for me, but it doesn't cause me to think, "how is this still a thing???" like bullfighting, the running of the bulls, slapfighting, or professional wrestling. 

I am a vegetarian and even i dont oppose deer hunting. Sure, some guys suck and dont belong out there, but i believe it is necessary and most hunters around me do in fact eat the meat. The fact that they are such mooks and need to brag about getting a deer, they dont often shoot them in the rear and let them run away.

OH MAN THATS SO CRAZY TO COMPARE HUNTING AND BULLFIGHTING!!  ONE IS A REALLY UNFAIR THING PEOPLE DO FOR ENTERTAINMENT WHERE THEY USE WEAPONS TO KILL INNOCENT ANIMALS AND THE OTHER IS A REALLY UNFAIR THING PEOPLE DO FOR ENTERTAINMENT WHERE THEY USE WEAPONS TO KILL INNOCENT ANIMALS!!!!  
Do you eat meat?

Users who are viewing this thread