What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cosmo DiNardo, the #MissingFour, and a Mass Grave (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Heart goes out to these families.

Four young men in Philadelphia suburbs go missing in 48 hour period last week and all signs pointed to Cosmo DiNardo and a large farm.

At least one of the four missing men that law enforcement teams have been looking for on a Bucks County farm has been found dead in a mass grave, the county district attorney said early Thursday.

“We have found human remains,” District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said at an unusual midnight news conference at the Solebury Township farm.

Dean Finocchiario, 18, of Middletown Township was positively identified as dead, Weintraub said.

“There are additional human remains in that grave,” he said. “This is a homicide, make no mistake about it. We just don’t know how many homicides.”

Weintraub said the human remains were found at the bottom of a 12½-foot-deep hole, excavated by investigators after cadaver dogs led them to the area.

On Wednesday afternoon, Weintraub said investigators had found a car allegedly stolen from one of the missing men and charged Cosmo DiNardo, 20, the “person of interest” in the case, with the car theft.
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-search-for-missing-men-bucks-day-four-20170712-story.html

Cosmo DiNardo is believed to be suffering from mental illness including schizophrenia as a result of an ATV accident last year.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/friend-of-missing-bucks-man-dinardo-spoke-of-having-people-killed-20170712.html

A neighbor to Cosmo's parents' farm where the bodies were found reported hearing shotgun blasts Saturday night.

Pretty messed up situation. I think it's ultimately going to be found to be related to the drug/gun dealing, and this guy being mentally ill, violent, or a combo of the two.

I live like 15 minutes from here.  We go to Peddler's Villiage (where 2 of the guys were last seen) all the time.  It really hits close to home.  Sounds like Cosmo was not right in the head...maybe before AND after his ATV accident that I read about earlier.

The fact that the  grave was 12.5 feet deep makes me think:

A) those dogs did a great job

B) it would have been tough for Cosmo to dig that hole by himself, even with a backhoe(the family owned a construction company).

Yeah....that's a DEEP hole.  I'm kind of surprised it took them that long to find it, given they knew where to look, and a hole that big dug in the last 2 weeks should've been pretty easily visible.

Yeah....that's a DEEP hole.  I'm kind of surprised it took them that long to find it, given they knew where to look, and a hole that big dug in the last 2 weeks should've been pretty easily visible.
Especially if they used heavy equipment. That whole area would be destroyed. Weird deal. 

Kudos to the judge who upped the bail to $5M after he originally posted $1M on the "weapons" charge. Said he was a flight risk. Oh yeah he was. 

I just finished reading this on CNN and rushed here to see if there was a thread. Crazy, crazy stuff. Yeah, if the dad was involved, this could be TV movie material.

Yeah, my guess is drug dealing is involved. Small time pot or meth maybe? Nothing to kill over...unless you're a schitzo.

Based on my sleuthing, I think THIS Google Maps location is where most of the photos have them searching...It's a pile of concrete pieces in the middle of his father's land.

ETA:  Compare to THIS pic - Same property.  Same slight turn in the road, corn fields surrounding, tree on the same side, and the same junk aligned parallel to the road in the woods on the other side.

Also, as per THIS pic, just south east of the spot is a house and the garage where they found the Maxima.

Last edited by a moderator:
His parents own several properties in the area...at least 5 or so lots, several adjoining.  They own a company called Cosan LLC that claims to be a concrete company.  Probably had access to a lot of heavy equipment...maybe even some concrete. 

Re. what @Jobber said, I read something that said Cosmo was known to sell firearms.  I know the kid who's body they just found had priors for drugs, so I could totally see the storyline of a troubled, mentally ill kid from a wealthy family who dabbled in drugs and firearms, and had a deal or incident go too far with one person, then tried to kill witnesses.  Dad found out, and rather than reporting him potentially helped him cover it up.  Maybe a stretch, but at least a reasonable one.

Unfounded rumor going around Philly is that the four missing guys were witness to the brutal beating of a boy near Temple University in May. Supposedly this DiNardo scumbag took them out for relief of money owed to the scumbag that was arrested for the beating at Temple. :tinfoilhat:  

Unfounded rumor going around Philly is that the four missing guys were witness to the brutal beating of a boy near Temple University in May. Supposedly this DiNardo scumbag took them out for relief of money owed to the scumbag that was arrested for the beating at Temple. :tinfoilhat:  
Interesting - This is the first I've heard of a link between all 4 guys.  Previously only the two who worked together were connected to each other, and a few were friends with DiNardo.  Suspect charged is from Bensalem, where DiNardo is from, so ti does fit...

The fact that the  grave was 12.5 feet deep makes me think:

A) those dogs did a great job

B) it would have been tough for Cosmo to dig that hole by himself, even with a backhoe(the family owned a construction company).
Fwiw, you can dig a hole like that with a backhoe in 10 mins as long as it's not solid rock

That would be a possible motive which is the biggest thing the DA case was probably missing.

Theory that Billy Riddle (Temple beating suspect) and Cosmo were friends or at least went to school together.  Also friends with Dean F.  The other 3 witnessed the Temple beating, and the 3 (Riddle, Cosmo, and Dean) were all involved in killing the 3 witnesses, then for some reason, they killed Dean too.

:( sad stuff. was hoping they'd find the kids alive somewhere. curious to see what the story is- I have a feeling it'll come to light pretty quickly.

and... I'm no mental health expert, but pretty sure you don't catch schizophrenia from getting in an accident.

:( sad stuff. was hoping they'd find the kids alive somewhere. curious to see what the story is- I have a feeling it'll come to light pretty quickly.

and... I'm no mental health expert, but pretty sure you don't catch schizophrenia from getting in an accident.
Yeah - If/when this goes to a trial, I'm sure they'll poke that bear from every angle.  Given how much the media played up his prior mental issues and the accident especially.

Yeah - If/when this goes to a trial, I'm sure they'll poke that bear from every angle.  Given how much the media played up his prior mental issues and the accident especially.
I have limited experience with true schizophrenia... but if he suffers from it, I would imagine they'd fight tooth and nail to get a reduced sentence if convicted. it's an ugly, ugly road- especially for those (and the two I've known always did) who go off their meds.

Not a mental health expert either, but what I've read about the ATV accident is that he was stranded for an extended time (12-24+hours?)  with brain bleed and suffered frontal lobe damage as a result.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/07/11/cosmo-dinardo-friend/

:unsure:

I have limited experience with true schizophrenia... but if he suffers from it, I would imagine they'd fight tooth and nail to get a reduced sentence if convicted. it's an ugly, ugly road- especially for those (and the two I've known always did) who go off their meds.
and if he does, you can largely throw out reason or rationality being behind the motive to kill 4 people.

Fat Nick said:
Based on my sleuthing, I think THIS Google Maps location is where most of the photos have them searching...It's a pile of concrete pieces in the middle of his father's land.

ETA:  Compare to THIS pic - Same property.  Same slight turn in the road, corn fields surrounding, tree on the same side, and the same junk aligned parallel to the road in the woods on the other side.

Also, as per THIS pic, just south east of the spot is a house and the garage where they found the Maxima.
Why does this feel like the Steve Avery thread?

I've been following this one. Posted about it in the death penalty thread this week. 

Was pretty spot on and my feelings haven't changed.

Some small time idiot who watched Scarface one time too many. Kill him now, save the money associated with keeping him alive and be done with it.

I've been following this one. Posted about it in the death penalty thread this week. 

Some small time idiot who watched Scarface one time too many. Kill him now, save the money associated with keeping him alive and be done with it.
Good enough for me

Lets suspend his constitutional rights!

That article above says they took the death penalty off the table for the confessions

That article above says they took the death penalty off the table for the confessions
I'm well aware, but #### him - his rights mean zero. Kill him. 4 families are burying their teenagers or early 20 somethings over some marijuana disputes for peanuts - dude she be offed and done with.

I'm well aware, but #### him - his rights mean zero. Kill him. 4 families are burying their teenagers or early 20 somethings over some marijuana disputes for peanuts - dude she be offed and done with.
I imagine he'll get Dahmer'd... Probably be quicker /cheaper 

than if the state pursued it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a worthy swap IMO, at least in Pennsylvania.  Getting a death penalty verdict there  is rare.  They haven't executed anyone since Gary Heidnik in 1999.

I might have a different opinion if it were a state that executed more frequently.

'Merica!

Has anyone confirmed that Finocchario was the "co-conspirator?"  They keep mentioning that there was a "co-conspirator" in 3 of the killings.  This makes me believe that he killed the first 3, either with the help, or knowledge, of someone (Finocchario?), but not the 4th...which means that he either did one solo (not likely) or that the 4th WAS the co-conspirator.

Two additional points-

1) He says he did it because he felt "cheated or threatened" during drug transactions.  If this guy was a regular dealer, what are the odds that 3 people in a 2 day span, all cheated or threatened him, but in all his past transactions that never happened?  I don't think his defense ends at the confession.  I'm assuming he can still press to be held in a mental health facility instead of a prison, right?  I think the Schizophrenia still comes into play somehow. 

2) Those cadaver dogs smelled the bodies 12 feet down...and after 3 of them were burned in a barrel.  Sorry folks - if that's true, might as well give up on burying bodies anymore.  That's f-ing amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread