What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cosmo DiNardo, the #MissingFour, and a Mass Grave (1 Viewer)

Has anyone confirmed that Finocchario was the "co-conspirator?"  They keep mentioning that there was a "co-conspirator" in 3 of the killings.  This makes me believe that he killed the first 3, either with the help, or knowledge, of someone (Finocchario?), but not the 4th...which means that he either did one solo (not likely) or that the 4th WAS the co-conspirator.

Two additional points-

1) He says he did it because he felt "cheated or threatened" during drug transactions.  If this guy was a regular dealer, what are the odds that 3 people in a 2 day span, all cheated or threatened him, but in all his past transactions that never happened?  I don't think his defense ends at the confession.  I'm assuming he can still press to be held in a mental health facility instead of a prison, right?  I think the Schizophrenia still comes into play somehow. 

2) Those cadaver dogs smelled the bodies 12 feet down...and after 3 of them were burned in a barrel.  Sorry folks - if that's true, might as well give up on burying bodies anymore.  That's f-ing amazing.
definitely will push this. and they better keep him in isolation... don't want to risk a schizophrenia epidemic spreading through the prison after he gets there.

Those cadaver dogs smelled the bodies 12 feet down...and after 3 of them were burned in a barrel.  Sorry folks - if that's true, might as well give up on burying bodies anymore.  That's f-ing amazing.
:lol:  Truth 

definitely will push this. and they better keep him in isolation... don't want to risk a schizophrenia epidemic spreading through the prison after he gets there.
:lol:  sad but funny 

Crazy story... impressive sleuthing by Fat Nick here. I've always wondered that for families losing kids like this, how much extra "suck" does it add that their "good boy" got caught up in a drug deal gone bad? 

Crazy story... impressive sleuthing by Fat Nick here. I've always wondered that for families losing kids like this, how much extra "suck" does it add that their "good boy" got caught up in a drug deal gone bad? 
Honestly, living 20 minutes from where this story went down, AND in the town where the Penn State frat kid was from (and going to Penn State for grad school...), I've thought a lot about this lately.  NOBODY deserves to die in either of the circumstances in these cases, but in both cases, the victims made voluntary actions that led to their demise.

The 4 deceased in this case were all using illegal drugs.  Like it or not, drugs (in most states) are not legitimized, which means you're not exactly guaranteed the same level of safety when buying/doing drugs as you are going to CVS or in the case of some states, your local weed dispensary.  These kids didn't deserve to die, but I also bet they knew that what they were doing was illegal, probably had come across dealers who had weapons before, and possibly knew DiNardo was a little...unstable.  Again, not saying they deserved it, but they knew this wasn't the same as buying a slurpee.

Tim Piazza in the PSU Frat case drank himself to that state.  He made the choice to ingest that much alcohol.  Yes, there was peer pressure involved - very common in frats, and parties with college kids in general.  Yes, there was likely an assumption that if you get too drunk, someone will take care of you.  Yes, the frat brothers were grossly negligent in their handling of the situation, which ultimately contributed to his death...but he made the decision to put himself in that environment and ingested the alcohol voluntarily. 

I'm not trying to render judgement in the PSU case, or the DiNardo case at all - and I'm not detracting from what, as you said, "good boys" these victims were, but ultimately, they put themselves in this situation.  My wife has been freaking out about the missing 4 guys, but when she found out that it was drug related, she said she felt much better.  I initially felt odd about that, but when she explained, "because at least it's not random."  I kind of got it. 

While you shouldn't have to expect someone will kill you or fail to protect you, the choices you make ultimately lead to the positions you are in.

While you shouldn't have to expect someone will kill you or fail to protect you, the choices you make ultimately lead to the positions you are in.
I agree. Plus, these kids were buying QP's (quarter pounds) from a guy who bragged about running guns. While that's still not big weight... it's enough that you're starting to climb the ladder of "dealers". Nobody gets killed over an eight of bud.... I personally know a guy who got his ### beat badly over slowpaying on a QP many moons ago. 

Sucks these kids are dead over something this stupid though. 

Has anyone confirmed that Finocchario was the "co-conspirator?"  They keep mentioning that there was a "co-conspirator" in 3 of the killings.  This makes me believe that he killed the first 3, either with the help, or knowledge, of someone (Finocchario?), but not the 4th...which means that he either did one solo (not likely) or that the 4th WAS the co-conspirator.
Second person of interest now in police custody. 2pm press conference scheduled. 

http://www.fox29.com/news/267801841-story

Last edited by a moderator:
  My wife has been freaking out about the missing 4 guys, but when she found out that it was drug related, she said she felt much better.  I initially felt odd about that, but when she explained, "because at least it's not random."  I kind of got it. 
for the families, none of that matters. even a little. 

"my kid is dead! oh, but he was buying weed when he got murdered...phew, that makes me feel better. at least he was doing something illegal when it happened so he's partly at fault. now i can sleep."

DA said they'd still be looking for the 4th body if he hadn't confessed. May have never found it.

for the families, none of that matters. even a little. 

"my kid is dead! oh, but he was buying weed when he got murdered...phew, that makes me feel better. at least he was doing something illegal when it happened so he's partly at fault. now i can sleep."
Totally agree that it doesn't matter to the families...but it's a much easier pill to swallow for everyone else in a small community to know that 4 guys were murdered buying weed than 4 guys being murdered just driving around town.  A killer who targets anyone is scarier than a killer who targets...say...only non-FBG members. 

Second "man" charged in three of the murders, alleged sequence of events revealed.
I'm not buying that the other guy killed Finoocchario.  Why would two guys, who have never killed anyone before, suddenly decide to kill a bunch of unrelated people for no apparent reason?  I think DiNardo went crazy.  He probably killed Patrick b/c he was mad that he didn't have $8,000...but a .22 rifle isn't the chosen weapon of a planned murderer.  Now the other guys were all shot with larger caliber guns - much more premeditated IMO.  It's almost like he got a taste of killing someone, and then just went crazy killing others.  No doubt more would probably have been killed if they hadn't figured it out quickly. 

2) Those cadaver dogs smelled the bodies 12 feet down...and after 3 of them were burned in a barrel.  Sorry folks - if that's true, might as well give up on burying bodies anymore.  That's f-ing amazing.
It's harder to catch the smart ones

Totally agree that it doesn't matter to the families...but it's a much easier pill to swallow for everyone else in a small community to know that 4 guys were murdered buying weed than 4 guys being murdered just driving around town.  A killer who targets anyone is scarier than a killer who targets...say...only non-FBG members. 
This should make them feel infinitely worse. They were killed for buying weed. ####### weed. They had to go to some psycho to buy weed instead of getting it at the Wawa or state store. With so many states allowing the sale of marijuana, why hasn't the whole damn country got their heads out of their asses?

Second "man" charged in three of the murders, alleged sequence of events revealed.
cripes :(  

eta: I'm made to think of the closing lines from Fargo (movie):

So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any locals comment on the Facebook rumors of a fifth victim?

According to the rumor, Timothy Caesar went missing in Bensalem on June 1. Supposedly Dinardo had been texting suggestive messages to Caesar girlfriend. 

Again, this is all speculation and the only news articles about Caesar I find are about his disappearance. 

Insein said:
Guy killed 2 other people in the last 5 years apparently. He confessed to that today.
I was thinking more confessions might be coming and may not be subject to the plea agreement. Hopefully death penalty is on the table for those murders. 

Insein said:
Guy killed 2 other people in the last 5 years apparently. He confessed to that today.
I'm seeing some comments on how they can't confirm those 2...As crazy as this guy seems to be, I could see him making stuff up to try and seem like more of a hard-@## godfather wannabe than he actually is.  He probably already knows he'll never see freedom again.

You know...I have to wonder...how did the cops identify DiNardo as a suspect in the first place?  Has that ever been released?  I mean, unless one of the victims told someone they were going over to DiNardo's farm, or had a cell phone on them that they could trace, I don't know how they'd find them.  Initially I bashed the guy for burying them on his property, but in reality, if he managed to get them to his family's property without anyone knowing they were there, there's very little chance anyone ever would've found them.  Taking that risk is basically an all-in on the cops finding or not finding the bodies.  You're banking 100% on them never keying in on you.  If they do, you're done and pretty much guarantee a conviction. 

You know...I have to wonder...how did the cops identify DiNardo as a suspect in the first place?  Has that ever been released?  I mean, unless one of the victims told someone they were going over to DiNardo's farm, or had a cell phone on them that they could trace, I don't know how they'd find them.  Initially I bashed the guy for burying them on his property, but in reality, if he managed to get them to his family's property without anyone knowing they were there, there's very little chance anyone ever would've found them.  Taking that risk is basically an all-in on the cops finding or not finding the bodies.  You're banking 100% on them never keying in on you.  If they do, you're done and pretty much guarantee a conviction. 
i originally heard on the news the police were brought to the farm by a cell phone ping/trace of one of the victims

both of these is what I originally read... .don't remember the order.

so the motive was just theft? and not leave witnesses? wtf. or did something else come out?
I do not remember the order but he stood no chance with the cell phone ping.  As soon as the phone ended up on his property, he was done.  Trying to sell the car was really, really stupid but this guy is obviously a psycho and not playing with a full deck.  Doubt he was bright enough to plan well enough to even come close to getting away with killing multiple people.   

Users who are viewing this thread