What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (1 Viewer)

Been mostly out of the loop on a mini-vacation (Raleigh last 4 days for a board game con).

My IBL team took yet another hit with Olsen going down. I swear I have more injuries in IBL year after year than any other two of my squads. Then Matty Ice had a great week IRL but not-so-great for fantasy, leaving me with a mediocre 113.

The reason the toggle box has been left unchecked for auto-stat corrections in the past is because it's very very difficult to notice which game results have changed in a league this huge. In a normal league, standings update automatically, but this is primarily a team game, and those standings are calculated manually. I'm not saying it would be super-hard to correct, but it's NOT the same as in any other league. This could potentially cause a significant headache in that week between the regular season and the playoffs if it caused anybody to change tiers. It should be discussed among commissioners though (and perhaps already has and I'm not aware).

Last minute acquisition of JJ nelson off the scrap heap netted me 4 extra wins this week.  Will finish 6-1.  

Finished on Sunday with 117.92.......still somehow managed 6 wins this week. I'll take it.

eta: winning one game by 0.04 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything, anything on the WW in terms of WR help?  Outside of my starting three (Sanders, Tate, Crabtree), I ain't got squat.  How bad is Dorsett banged up?

Looks like I took 4 wins this week. We're 12 over .500 only 3 games back, so sitting in solid shape as a team.

Anything, anything on the WW in terms of WR help?  Outside of my starting three (Sanders, Tate, Crabtree), I ain't got squat.  How bad is Dorsett banged up?
I think Funchess will be a solid add - should get increased RZ looks with Olsen out and this week's matchup is against the Saints and their XFL defense.

Also one copy of Beasley sitting out there, not exciting, but would be a solid fill-in if one of your top 3 went down.

If you want to roll the dice a little bit you could do worse than Rashard Higgins. Coleman's on IR, Britt's fall from grace in CLE has been epic even by his standards, and kid looked legit on Sunday. IND, CIN, NYJ next up on his schedule - by then you'll either be reaping the rewards or can drop him if he's a flash in the pan.

Some interesting names on the wire.  6-8 weeks is a tough hold but Olsen is a must add for anyone who doesn't have injuries.

Some interesting names on the wire.  6-8 weeks is a tough hold but Olsen is a must add for anyone who doesn't have injuries.
I can probably make room by dropping Beasley but .... the Panthers have a week 11 bye so I believe the earliest Olsen can be back is week 12.

I get why it's important to have studs available to you in this league's postseason format but 10 weeks is a looooong time to hold in a league with no IR.

ETA: Looks like Ref cut Rawls loose during the waiver run. I already have Prosise and I'm not as high on Carson as most ... tempted to see if I can snag him instead and have multiple chips down on the SEA backfield. Thoughts?

I can probably make room by dropping Beasley but .... the Panthers have a week 11 bye so I believe the earliest Olsen can be back is week 12.

I get why it's important to have studs available to you in this league's postseason format but 10 weeks is a looooong time to hold in a league with no IR.

ETA: Looks like Ref cut Rawls loose during the waiver run. I already have Prosise and I'm not as high on Carson as most ... tempted to see if I can snag him instead and have multiple chips down on the SEA backfield. Thoughts?
I may make a play for Rawls too and ditch Jamal Williams.  I've been merry-go-rounding backups that are basically worthless without an injury to the starer.

Cut Smallwood for NE Pats D.  In theory it's not smart to carry two defenses (have Seattle too), but their schedules mesh very well.  Maybe pennywise, pound foolish.  Feel like I got off to a lucky start with DJ and Edelman gone and sitting on 13 wins.  50 gets you to the Championship tier, 43 to the next tier.  That leaves 37 wins (4.3 per week) or 30 wins (3 per week) as a bogey.  This just feels like a team that will need to steal a win or two to sneak into a tier.

eta - The talent on team BnB is watery tier.

Cut Smallwood for NE Pats D.  In theory it's not smart to carry two defenses (have Seattle too), but their schedules mesh very well.  Maybe pennywise, pound foolish.  Feel like I got off to a lucky start with DJ and Edelman gone and sitting on 13 wins.  50 gets you to the Championship tier, 43 to the next tier.  That leaves 37 wins (4.3 per week) or 30 wins (3 per week) as a bogey.  This just feels like a team that will need to steal a win or two to sneak into a tier.

eta - The talent on team BnB is watery tier.
Something I've been mulling for the past year in this league. Is it better to be the last team to make it in a top tier, or be one of the top teams in the tier below? Obviously, there's an extra point or two going into the playoffs if you make the higher tier, and every game is worth an extra point....but you're also the underdog in every match-up. Would you rather play 20 games as the favorite for 1 point a piece, or 20 as the underdog for 2? The higher tier is probably still the right answer, but I'm not so sure it's that big a difference...just build the best team you can, win every game you can, and don't sweat so much making or missing a tier by 1 or 2 games.

That's OK. Across 6 leagues, I use Philly, Baltimore and Miami....all with juicy matchups...and scored 12 points total across those 6 leagues
Could cost me 3 wins.  Exactly why I bowed out this year.  Buried in moving and a renovation....

It took a huge MNF from Fitz to even get me to 122.10 ... the 32nd-highest score of 96 teams ... somehow that translated to 7-0 again.  :lol:  I'm 16-5 with basically a league-average point total. Rather be lucky than good.

Only 40 wins for team FBG this week knocks us back into a tie for 3rd, 8 games over .500, 11 off the pace.

Thoughts for week 4 pickups?

It took a huge MNF from Fitz to even get me to 122.10 ... the 32nd-highest score of 96 teams ... somehow that translated to 7-0 again.  :lol:  I'm 16-5 with basically a league-average point total. Rather be lucky than good.

Only 40 wins for team FBG this week knocks us back into a tie for 3rd, 8 games over .500, 11 off the pace.

I was facing three Fitz owners and started Nelson.  2-5 on the week.

Watson is that qb1 I said would be on the wire during the drafts

Think I am going to drop Bradford at a chance to get Wallace...I own Rivers, and Bradford is injured, and has the same bye week as Rivers.  I like Bradford, but to BnB's point, there is always someone in a pinch on the WW in this league.

YUCK Put up a whole 68 this week. Matt Ryan and Melvin Gordon with terrible games, on top of losing a couple other players.

YUCK Put up a whole 68 this week. Matt Ryan and Melvin Gordon with terrible games, on top of losing a couple other players.
This is shaping up to be a trainwreck of a week for Team FBG. Five of us done already with sub-100 scores and five more of us sitting under that number with guys left to go (of course our opponents probably have some as well). I have a feeling we're gonna lose a lot of ground on the field this week.

Somehow my crappy team posted a 5-2 record.  SleeperU is going to kill it this week....8 of the top 29 scores.  All except one over 100.

After last week's embarrassing 0-7 debacle, I went 6-1 this week to help our cause. We're not out of the running yet but, if we don't pick up the pace we will be.

Only a few of us post in here so not really sure how "active" the rest of the team is. I understand some might peruse this thread and not post every week. I just mean we have no verifiable way of knowing how much attention is being paid to individual roster management by other team members. And no, not assuming any team member is slacking off either.

Only a few of us post in here so not really sure how "active" the rest of the team is. I understand some might peruse this thread and not post every week. I just mean we have no verifiable way of knowing how much attention is being paid to individual roster management by other team members. And no, not assuming any team member is slacking off either.
I for one am not paying enough attention to bring home a title for FBG.  That's one of the reasons I tried to drop this year.  I suspect having 2 defenses on your roster both of which have free agent versions available along with 2 kickers is a sign that you're not paying enough attention to be competitive.  Maybe we just concede we're not the best board anymore and cheer on the couple of guys here that can challenge for an individual title.

Fair enough.....I also think along with your life projects (and other folks too I suppose,) plus the bitter taste in our mouths from the pre-draft fiasco, that maybe we aren't all that gung-ho*. I admit, I didn't make any moves last week until waivers had already cleared.

*With the exception of the Irrelevant one. ;)

Ruffrodys05 said:
After last week's embarrassing 0-7 debacle, I went 6-1 this week to help our cause. We're not out of the running yet but, if we don't pick up the pace we will be.
Eh, SleeperU (by their own admission) went extremely top-heavy in the draft. Studs and duds all the way. It's a long season and that strategy works until it doesn't.

If I could make one suggestion to the team as a rookie, it would be that everyone use that 18th spot on our rosters as a holding tank. Go in at 11am Thursday (or better yet just before kickoffs when all the news is out) and grab a  longshot FA you feel good about. Rinse and repeat 'til you hit on one.

I used that 18th spot to pick up Alex Collins at 12:45 on Sunday. Zero chance I'd have gotten him now.

If we can just land on 2-3 shares of late-season difference-makers where most other team have 0-1, it will make up that gap in the standings and then some.

not real sure about all the doom and gloom in here....we just need to put a few good weeks together..... with bye weeks starting, etc.....we can make up some ground, this thing ain't over....

not going to be able to solve everything on WW....just have to hope some of our guys start performing a little better....and sometimes we just need to get a little lucky with our weekly matchups, etc.....sleeper U will come back to earth...

D. Watson---still a version out there

Trub----taking over

Lacy---actually didn't look too bad

Rawls---may get a shot to take over before they go to Lacy

Gallman---in line now for an opportunity

Proise---was the guy for a short time last year

McKinnon/Murray---some think it will be McKinnon while everybody scrambles to get Murray

A. Jones---looked good and plays for the Packers

Ivory----could actually be pretty big if Fournette ever goes down (can't believe I just typed that) but there may be something too the Jax run game

Dion Lewis---uber talent if things somehow go sideways in NE

C. West---if Hunt gets hurt----he becomes an RB1

Ekeler---this kid is from my hometown and has been in my house--- played with my son and friends with my daughter----great kid/freaky athlete who always seems to prove people wrong---talk is he gets more PT....crazy quicks

Woodhead---will be coming back at some point and can be a difference maker in this league

Lockett---SEA gonna throw

Fowler---has some weird thing going with Siemien---DT has been known to get hurt

Dorsett---piece of the NE passing game----more PT moving forward???---injuries, etc in NE

Wallace---will BAL passing game turn around

Fuller---pretty nice welcome back----with Watson playing the way he is, might be something here

Coleman---will be back eventually

James----Ben likes him

Hooper---talent---good offense?

V. Davis----still a beast IMO and a TE1 IMO as soon as Reed is done for the year...

hey lookin for a little help here....whoever shows up, can you rank these RB's for me

Murray

Gallman

Lacy

Rawls

Prosise

also just fyi....I traded D. Freeman and Lutz for CJA and Diggs......said what the hell.... :banned: :bag: :suds: :pickle:

hey lookin for a little help here....whoever shows up, can you rank these RB's for me

Murray - obviously lots of opportunity, but maaaan he looked slow last week ... SSND and others looking at game film have serious reservations as well. Offense should be better when Bradford gets back but how much of their improvement was b/c of Cook? Worth a WW add but I wouldn't try to buy him

Gallman - an intriguing option ... think he grabs the lion's share in that offense sooner rather than later ... prob won't be able to start him right away and doubt he wins leagues but could be an RB2/flex-type guy down the stretch

Lacy - wouldn't own him with your roster spot

Rawls - he'll go back to #1 in this backfield soon, for whatever that's worth with this garbage OL. Think his ceiling is early-down non-GL work though

Prosise - my favorite flier of the group, esp. in PPR, I've kept him rostered since the draft ... think far and away the most 3-down potential of the bunch if he can just stay healthy. Low-probability shot but could be a league-winner if he hits

also just fyi....I traded D. Freeman and Lutz for CJA and Diggs......said what the hell.... :banned: :bag: :suds: :pickle:
Wil Lutz? As in the kicker? You got a WR1 and a borderline RB1 for Freeman and a kicker? I'm not all that high on CJA but even so hell yeah, I'd drink to that.  :thumbup:

Commented on your RBs above - just one man's opinion of course but in the IBL format I'd go Prosise, Gallman, Murray, Rawls >> hit by a car >> Lacy. Assuming you don't need a plug and play starter for this week of course.

Wil Lutz? As in the kicker? You got a WR1 and a borderline RB1 for Freeman and a kicker? I'm not all that high on CJA but even so hell yeah, I'd drink to that.  :thumbup:

Commented on your RBs above - just one man's opinion of course but in the IBL format I'd go Prosise, Gallman, Murray, Rawls >> hit by a car >> Lacy. Assuming you don't need a plug and play starter for this week of course.
thanks for the rankings Mr. I.....

and yeah it was my kicker....and I feel exactly how you did, I basically got two starters for one and when Bradford comes back, Diggs should continue his hot start....kinda pissed I missed out on both him and Thielan as they were after thoughts in every draft for me this year.....I think Diggs has taken that next step.....the other guy could afford to let him go as he has Brown/Julio....I am 75% optimistic that CJA will maintain his hold on the majority of the work as I think they will not overuse Charles....Booker and Henderson not in the mix really yet..

Murray

Gallman

Lacy

Rawls

Prosise

Murray

Gallman

Rawls

Prosisie

Lacy

And a big ouch on the trade.  Hope I'm wrong, but Freeman + WW pickup > Diggs and CJA

David Johnson---was just released this morning......I and Bass already have him but another team member should go get him at 11:00. HUD and SleeperU each have two copies also. Owning 3 copies of DJ on our team could prove beneficial later in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread