What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep or Trade Freeman (1 Viewer)

downsouth

Footballguy
Took over a team in 12 team keeper league. 0.5 PPR for RBs. Standard scoring.

can keep 2 RBs. Currently sitting on Freeman, Stewart and riddick only.

offered L Miller and Montgomery for my Freeman. 

I like Montgomery but not Miller so much. 

Thoughts?

I would not take that deal. 

Freeman is a young RB and putting solid numbers. I'd take Riddick as a nice .5 per catch Flex/back up over Stewart. Stewart is getting old and now has to share work with McCaffery and Cam.

Both Miller is trending down for good reason and Montgomery feels like fools gold. Miller had his coach come out and say that he wants Miller to have less of a workload. Then they brought in Foreman to be a nice goal line vulture or possibly a time share back. For TY, the Packers have brought in what seems like every running back they can find. And we've only seen it for less than 1 season and he only had 3 TDs in those 10 games. 

In 2015, Freeman put up 1600+ total yards and 14 TDs. Last year he put up 1500+ and 13 TDs. If the absolute extreme happens and Montgomery puts up those same numbers then you've traded Riddick for Miller, since you can only keep 2 RBs you'd have to cut Riddick to keep Ty and Miller. Last season Riddick per game averaged 72.8 yards, 5.3 catches and 0.5 TDs. Miller averaged 78.8 yards, 1.94 catches and 0.375 TDs. Both Riddick and Miller will be 26 this year. 

Obviously that's looking at the numbers in a vacuum but if you take this trade you need almost everything to break your way just to get this to an even trade. I would advise against taking this trade. 

Pass.

Remember that the GB offense ALWAYS goes through Rodgers.  Montgomery is unlikely to rush for 1000 yds and score 10 TDs, or even catch more than 50 passes.

Miller is just not that good and HOU offense might struggle a lot this year since Watson is a rookie.

Freeman is by far the best player in a great offense, plus there's a chance Coleman will bolt when he's up for free agency.   Keep him and Riddick.

I would also pass on this deal.  Freeman is by far the best player in the deal and Riddick will be a serviceable #2 for you.  I would take Riddick over Stewart because Riddick has a clear role. 

Miller and Montgomery are by far the bigger risk side of things even if their upside is good.  I still think Freeman/Reddick is a better bet for consistent output with a much higher floor and a similar ceiling.   

Pass.

Remember that the GB offense ALWAYS goes through Rodgers.  Montgomery is unlikely to rush for 1000 yds and score 10 TDs, or even catch more than 50 passes.

Miller is just not that good and HOU offense might struggle a lot this year since Watson is a rookie.

Freeman is by far the best player in a great offense, plus there's a chance Coleman will bolt when he's up for free agency.   Keep him and Riddick.
Freeman is a FA after this year, and I think its no lock Atlanta will want to give him elite money, when they have Coleman already under contract. I think Freeman is a lot more likely to leave than Coleman, not that either have to.

I think this offer is a lot closer than everyone else seems to. I'd still side with Freeman, but its about 55-45 to me. I think people are sleeping on Miller a bit. Watson should be a huge upgrade for him, as QBs who are running threats open up holes, and even as a rookie, he should be an upgrade from Brock as a passer as well.

Freeman is a FA after this year, and I think its no lock Atlanta will want to give him elite money, when they have Coleman already under contract. I think Freeman is a lot more likely to leave than Coleman, not that either have to.

I think this offer is a lot closer than everyone else seems to. I'd still side with Freeman, but its about 55-45 to me. I think people are sleeping on Miller a bit. Watson should be a huge upgrade for him, as QBs who are running threats open up holes, and even as a rookie, he should be an upgrade from Brock as a passer as well.
I had thought that ATL had locked up Freeman.  

Still I would reject the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread