Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
badmojo1006

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia

Recommended Posts

so many people on that video feed typing 1488...this country really is going down the tubes.  I don't know if there is anything to stop it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

There were no 6000 person strong white supremacist marches under previous administrations for most of our lifetimes.  Because they didn't feel enabled by an administration that doesn't just tolerate their viewpoints but emboldens them (see Bannon, Gorka, Miller just from White House personnel alone).  And they also weren't enabled by nonsense false equivalences like yours burying heads in the sand and refusing to see the connection that is plainly obvious to most of the free world.

:grad:

Wanted to use the ;yes; emoticon, but the smile he has didnt seem appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killface said:

That's the funny thing.  These guys, including trump, aren't tough guys.  They are cowards

Wanna-be-tough-guys.  The right loves this stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, killface said:

so many people on that video feed typing 1488...this country really is going down the tubes.  I don't know if there is anything to stop it.  

 

Here's my guess. Trump gets bounced and these dopes go back to talking about the good ol days in their backyards with all the other Cletus and Wilburs.

The 99% rest of the country goes back to work, taking vacations, raising their families, complaining about taxes and their local sports teams.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First-person account of last night from UVA law student on campus:

Hi all. I am a law student at the University of Virginia. Tonight, as you have seen from multiple posts, Richard Spencer and several neo-nazi groups held a surprise torch lit rally, ahead of the Unite the Right rally that is scheduled for tomorrow.

My friend and I arrived on campus and were met with hundreds of white nationalists--of course, 99% white men--carrying torches through what is known as the lawn, the main quad of campus. They chanted, "You will not replace us" and "white lives matter." Because they planned the rally for when students would not be on campus, and they held this rally as a surprise, there were comparatively much fewer counter-protestors. We tried to keep our distance, but felt it was tremendously important to document what was happening, so we went live on our phones; below is that video.

The white nationalist groups walked around the rotunda, which sits at the front of the lawn, and began to gather around the Thomas Jefferson statute on the other side of the rotunda. At the statute were about ten of our fellow UVA students, with a sign that read "UVA Students Against White Supremacy." The nazi group gathered around them for about 30 seconds, as the rest of the white nationalists came down from the steps and joined the circle, and then began to attack the UVA students at the base of the statute; the students were brutally beaten and outnumbered at least 50 to 1. Police began to intervene, seemingly spraying pepper spray or tear gas, forcing the crowd to disperse. Many people tried to run, and were arrested when they were caught by the police, who had formed a circle around the group.

Clashes continued to occur between the nazis, counter-protestors, and police; in the chaos, Richard Spencer ascended the stairs, and came to the balcony where my friend and I were watching in horror, trying to figure out what to do. When he reached the top, his security detail surrounded him, and it appeared as though he was attempting to make a speech. Someone brought out a megaphone for him but, as you can hear in the video, it was "out of juice." Richard Spencer screamed to the crowd, "We just won a historic victory. We occupy the streets."

When he realized he wasn't going to get the publicity he wanted, and when the fighting between protestors/counter-protestors intensified, Richard Spencer left, with his security detail and various other supporters (many of them much younger than I, probably about 15 or 16). I assume that he expected to be arrested for inciting a riot. His security detail surrounded him and escorted him back down the rotunda stairs, across the lawn, through campus, and finally to two cars awaiting his group. He left his younger supporters behind.

My friend and I were the only people who realized Richard Spencer left; no media were present. We were trying to notify media and police where he was on campus. We engaged very little--the Unite the Right members made it clear they would be armed, and my friend and I were concerned about our personal safety.

I have never been more terrified in my life than when I saw those hundreds of torches marching through campus. But the very few UVA students who were there held our ground--it was Richard Spencer who organized a surprise rally like a coward, and surrounded himself with a security detail while his own followers were tear-gassed and arrested.

This is a call to action--tomorrow will be one of the largest white nationalist protests in modern history. While Charlottesville had a tremendous turnout earlier in the summer, when the KKK held a rally in one of our parks downtown, the KKK was outnumbered by thousands of counter-protestors. As you can see from this video, tomorrow will be very different than that. These nazi groups are emboldened when met with little opposition. We need as many protestors here tomorrow as possible; there is strength in numbers, as well as safety.

I'm scared, of course I am, but I will be there tomorrow because I have a duty to be. As a white person, I know it is easier for me to occupy this space safely than persons of color. I'm going to show up for all of the people who cannot. Please join us, if you are able to.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, killface said:

so many people on that video feed typing 1488...this country really is going down the tubes.  I don't know if there is anything to stop it.  

 

I don't see it that way.  We aren't witnessing a trend.  We are witnessing a death throe.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

Here's my guess. Trump gets bounced and these dopes go back to talking about the good ol days in their backyards with all the other Cletus and Wilburs.

The 99% rest of the country goes back to work, taking vacations, raising their families, complaining about taxes and their local sports teams.

But the statues, what happens to the statues?????

By GAWD, can't YOU SEE?!?

PERSECUTION!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, killface said:

so many people on that video feed typing 1488...this country really is going down the tubes.  I don't know if there is anything to stop it.  

 

What means this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

There were no 6000 person strong white supremacist marches under previous administrations for most of our lifetimes.  Because they didn't feel enabled by an administration that doesn't just tolerate their viewpoints but emboldens them (see Bannon, Gorka, Miller just from White House personnel alone).  And they also weren't enabled by nonsense false equivalences like yours burying heads in the sand and refusing to see the connection that is plainly obvious to most of the free world.

We did have BLM which argueably promoted cops to be targeted and killed.  Obama was a supporter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msommer said:

What means this?

It's some Neo Nazi code.  88 = Heil Hitler and 14 is some 14 words in some Nazi chant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't feed the troll, he's going to spray poop all over this thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

We did have BLM which argueably promoted cops to be targeted and killed.  Obama was a supporter.  

Obama supported what now?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dedfin said:

Please don't feed the troll, he's going to spray poop all over this thread.

Don't worry on my account. It's in the rivers anyway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Please don't feed the troll, he's going to spray poop all over this thread.

That's what this is here for. There's a guy in here talking about a civil war with the military, russia and rural farmers against liberal elites and immigrants :lol:

This whole thing is just a big fishing thread, lean into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These clashes have taught me one thing for sure: most people have to clue how to throw a punch. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The General said:

Obama supported what now?

Instead of condemning some of the rhetoric, Obama expressed sympathy for their frustration even in light of several shootings targeting numerous offices.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The General said:

That's what this is here for. There's a guy in here talking about a civil war with the military, russia and rural farmers against liberal elites and immigrants :lol:

We should have a thread dedicated to his civil war predictions. Then have a draft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The General said:

That's what this is here for. There's a guy in here talking about a civil war with the military, russia and rural farmers against liberal elites and immigrants :lol:

This whole thing is just a big fishing thread, lean into it.

That is kind of funny.  I get called out for making a legitimately debatable point in a thread where people are going over the top talking about a civil war and Trump using the military against Americans.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riversco said:

How far does it have to go before you start to realize what is happening?

1. The nation elected Donald Trump

2. The media credibility is 0% with the republicans

3. Republicans are organizing marches with burning torches.

4.  An alt right media has gotten established warning of a coup attempt on Trump

5. Trump has installed the military as his base of power.

6.  Nazi websites are getting huge traffic.

 

Where do you think this is going? Do you think this resolves in...a picnic?

Yes! A gay Nazi picnic, with a Broadway showtune:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla&p=youtube+springtime+for+hitler#id=1&vid=b5311fb891ed0a78aa93e403ceeb797c&action=click

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

Instead of condemning some of the rhetoric, Obama expressed sympathy for their frustration even in light of several shootings targeting numerous offices.  

He denounced violence while acknowledging there was an issue, urged discussion, calmness, and dialogue.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird how Trump tweets about everything except Russia and white nationalism. 

Maybe he's busy on the course right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riversco said:

We're WAY WAY WAY past trying to define terms here.  The lines have been drawn.  Actions are starting to be taken on those lines.  Debate is over.  War is next.

 

1 hour ago, Riversco said:

What's absolutely maddening is the congress just accidentally help set up a revolt.  They blocked Trump's agenda.  Trump has now reacted to Congress being idiots by installing the military in his cabinet.  So we're one step closer to overthrowing the government thanks to congress not giving Trump what he wants.

Seek professional help.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Instead of condemning some of the rhetoric, Obama expressed sympathy for their frustration even in light of several shootings targeting numerous offices.  

jon mx alert!! Trump is being criticized. Gotta find something bad that Obama did that's similar! Then I add, "I don't like what Trump is doing, but Obama did the same thing!"

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

He denounced violence while acknowledging there was an issue, urged discussion, calmness, and dialogue.

 

After the fourth incident, he finally condemned the shootings with no caveats.   That might have been one of his best speeches.  But IMHO, it was the speech he should of gave three weeks before.  Of course the day of that speech i receive a 90 day timeout for suggesting such a speech. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

There were no 6000 person strong white supremacist marches under previous administrations for most of our lifetimes.  Because they didn't feel enabled by an administration that doesn't just tolerate their viewpoints but emboldens them (see Bannon, Gorka, Miller just from White House personnel alone).  And they also weren't enabled by nonsense false equivalences like yours burying heads in the sand and refusing to see the connection that is plainly obvious to most of the free world.

Richard Painter, who as you know is a lifelong Republican and was GWB's ethics lawyer while GWB was President, said today that Bannom, Gorka, and Miller need to be removed from the White House immediately.  And if Trump won't do it, then remove Trump from office.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

 

Seek professional help.

Well that, or a job in the White House. He could work for Bannon or Gorka. Miller might need an assistant...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

jon mx alert!! Trump is being criticized. Gotta find something bad that Obama did that's similar! Then I add, "I don't like what Trump is doing, but Obama did the same thing!"

I did not being up the topic.  It was pointed out that nothing compatible happened under Obama, and I was simply countering that opinion. 

Edited by jon_mx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

 It was pointed out that nothing compatible happened under Obama, and I was simply countering that opinion. 

But of course you were. You always do.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

That is kind of funny.  I get called out for making a legitimately debatable point in a thread where people are going over the top talking about a civil war and Trump using the military against Americans.   

The civil war stuff is beyond stupid. That's stuff to me should just be ignored or made fun of.

Obama addessed BLM many times and always denounced violence but acknowledged there are issues.

What issues do these rednecks have that need to be addressed?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

I don't see it that way.  We aren't witnessing a trend.  We are witnessing a death throe.

There is a general theory out there that movements make the most noise when they are dying

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

After the fourth incident, he finally condemned the shootings with no caveats.   That might have been one of his best speeches.  But IMHO, it was the speech he should of gave three weeks before.  Of course the day of that speech i receive a 90 day timeout for suggesting such a speech. 

I'd want to see the speeches and timelines and see if I agree with your assessment of how Obama responded. I don't know what you got a TO for but 90 seem so long and whenever I don't agree you, you don't post stuff that I think is TO worthy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

The civil war stuff is beyond stupid. That's stuff to me should just be ignored or made fun of.

Obama addessed BLM many times and always denounced violence but acknowledged there are issues.

What issues do these rednecks have that need to be addressed?

Concerns over illegal immigration, the economy, and free speech coated with people who are legitimate racists.  Trump should denounce, but won't.  Or if he does he will caveat it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

 

What issues do these rednecks have that need to be addressed?

Oh I can think of a whole list:

1. The Jews

2.The blacks.

3. The Communists.

4. The Muslims.

5. The Mexicans.

6. The Deep State.

7. The Globalists.

8. The Media.

9. The Homosexuals.

10. The Atheists.

11. Soccer.

Not necessarily in that order.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

Concerns over illegal immigration, the economy, and free speech coated with people who are legitimate racists.  Trump should denounce, but won't.  Or if he does he will caveat it. 

It's just plain legitimate racism. The rest is window dressing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Oh I can think of a whole list:

1. The Jews

2.The blacks.

3. The Communists.

4. The Muslims.

5. The Mexicans.

6. The Deep State.

7. The Globalists.

8. The Media.

9. The Homosexuals.

10. The Atheists.

11. Soccer.

Not necessarily in that order.

Soccer needs to be higher on this list.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling a lot of people who are going to criticize Trump for not saying anything didn't have a problem with Obama allowing 8 years of racial divisiveness.  "Suppression" is not an excuse to riot. Just because one group riots doesn't mean to okay for another group to do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dschuler said:

I have a feeling a lot of people who are going to criticize Trump for not saying anything didn't have a problem with Obama allowing 8 years of racial divisiveness.  "Suppression" is not an excuse to riot. Just because one group riots doesn't mean to okay for another group to do the same

https://www.google.ca/search?q=obama+condemns+violence&oq=obama+condemns+violence&aqs=chrome..69i57.4528j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Oh I can think of a whole list:

1. The Jews

2.The blacks.

3. The Communists.

4. The Muslims.

5. The Mexicans.

6. The Deep State.

7. The Globalists.

8. The Media.

9. The Homosexuals.

10. The Atheists.

11. Soccer.

Not necessarily in that order.

:bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump needs to denounce this but honestly it's probably better if he just shuts up or have someone write something for him he reads.

I don't want this dope anywhere near an open mic talking about this off the cuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.