What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Nationalists march on University of Virginia (4 Viewers)

I'd want to see the speeches and timelines and see if I agree with your assessment of how Obama responded. I don't know what you got a TO for but 90 seem so long and whenever I don't agree you, you don't post stuff that I think is TO worthy.
Obama defends Black Lives Matter protests at police memorial in Dallas

Really no reason to defend BLM at that speech at a cops funeral.  It was only after another incident or two Obama delivered a speech which absolutely condemned the violence and said there was no justification.  Which was the right message just a bit late. 

Barack Obama gave several speeches about race to try and ease the tensions. 

When most of the tension occurred due to him being elected I'm not sure what he was supposed to do. Resign?

I have a feeling a lot of people who are going to criticize Trump for not saying anything didn't have a problem with Obama allowing 8 years of racial divisiveness.  "Suppression" is not an excuse to riot. Just because one group riots doesn't mean to okay for another group to do the same
If you were any good at this, you would be able to work in Hillary's 33,000 emails as deserving a share of the blame.

Since BLM got pulled into this did that movement have any legitimate concerns?
Yes.  There are too many killings by cops and a few should be prosecuted.  But still 99 percent of the shootings are probably justifiable including some of the most infamous ones. 

WHAT AN ANIMAL:

much of the President’s remarks echoed statements he has made over the past week. Obama has called for unity in the wake of the shootings, but also a recognition that biases and mistrust exist. He reiterated his belief that the country is not as divided as it seems and said he remains optimistic that things will improve.

Personally, anyone who hates another based on race is not a smart person.

That said, I'm also upset that the marchers are trying to steal the Detroit Red Wings logo. It's been some time since I watched hockey, but they were my favorite team. Not to mention that Detroiters are actually pretty nice to people. The opposite of racists.

Sure it is.

Time's Headline: "President Obama defends stance on police, Black Lives Matter.:"

Washington Times: "President Obama defends Black Lives Matter".

Do you detect any difference at all between these two headlines?
Not really.  Both are fine.  

"Black Nationalists march on University of Virginia with torches blazing and guns visible."

I'm gonna guess this would get a different reaction from supporters of these folks.

Just a few killings by the police.

Totally comparable to Wilbur in Virginia marching because some mexicaned fellas took his job.
I was not comparing the justifications for the March.  I was referring to the violent rhetoric from both.  That needed to be condemned from both sides.  

Stop.  Feeding.  The.  Trolls.

This isn't tax policy or charter schools or environmental regulations. There aren't legitimate arguments to be made from varying viewpoints. This is white supremacists gaining in numbers and visibility, unquestionably because of the attitudes of the White House. It's just bad.  Anyone who tries to change the subject, rather than condemning these garbage humans and hoping the White House will change direction and join the rest of humanity in doing the same, is in denial of this simple, obvious point. 

This isn't tax policy or charter schools or environmental regulations. There aren't legitimate arguments to be made from varying viewpoints. This is white supremacists gaining in numbers and visibility, unquestionably because of the attitudes of the White House. It's just bad.  Anyone who tries to change the subject, rather than condemning these garbage humans and hoping the White House will change direction and join the rest of humanity in doing the same, is in denial of this simple, obvious point. 
I have agreed it needs to be condemned.  I was simply countering a point which I disagreed with.  

Just a few killings by the police.

Totally comparable to Wilbur in Virginia marching because some mexicaned fellas took his job.
A reporter interviewed one of the marcher and asked if this was about the statue. He said it wasn't but was because of millennials. He said they are degenerates who need safe spaces. I guess millennials really are ruining everything lol. 

Tobias, the point is indeed so obvious that it's almost not worth discussing any longer. Which is probably why I got distracted...

Users who are viewing this thread