What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alabama Voters reject Roy Moore: Update: Roy is running again! (2 Viewers)

Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore leads the field of potential Republicans vying for the chance to challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D), a year and a half after Moore lost what was supposed to be an easy election in a deep-red state.

A new poll shows Moore leading a still-evolving field of Alabama Republicans competing for the nomination. He is the top choice of 27 percent of Alabama Republican voters, according to the Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy Inc. survey.

Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore leads the field of potential Republicans vying for the chance to challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D), a year and a half after Moore lost what was supposed to be an easy election in a deep-red state.

A new poll shows Moore leading a still-evolving field of Alabama Republicans competing for the nomination. He is the top choice of 27 percent of Alabama Republican voters, according to the Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy Inc. survey.

What a gift that would be to Doug Jones.

It's like they deliberately want to lose.

Decent chance the GOP nominee wins regardless of who it is, even if it's Moore?
Any R but Moore will win the general.  Moore has always had his bedrock supporters who vote for him in every primary from dog catcher til today.  What's changed is now the remainder of Republican voters will not vote for him in a unified way in the general, or simply stay home and allow Jones to win if Moore is the nominee again.  I doubt the Alabama Republican Party truly has the stomach for another round of Roy Moore, but they may not have the choice.  Moore is pretty much the definition of a narcissist and most of the party folks didn't like him to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent chance the GOP nominee wins regardless of who it is, even if it's Moore?
I'd put it at 80% if not Moore and 30% if Moore.  I see him getting eviscerated by public ads when this thing kicks off for real.

I'm having a bit of a deja vu moment ;)  
Let's not forget the last time there was a 3 way race - Moore, Brooks, and Strange.  The Republican machine put their money behind Strange (mistake) and took out Brooks thinking Moore was beatable (big mistake).   Huge errors by the idiots running the RNC, even before his diddling accusations.

That money will now be deployed against Moore instead of essentially for him.  

Please let this happen Alabama Republicans.

With the allegations not being fresh, I think he wins even if he is the nominee. 
I'll be willing to wager on this.  Tell you what.  If Moore wins the R nomination I'll vote for Jones.  If Moore doesn't make the R ticket you have to write in Edwin Edwards for the next LA gov.

I'll be willing to wager on this.  Tell you what.  If Moore wins the R nomination I'll vote for Jones.  If Moore doesn't make the R ticket you have to write in Edwin Edwards for the next LA gov.
What I’m saying is not that I think he’ll be the nominee, it’s that if he is I think he will win.  How about this: if Moore wins the nomination the bet is on (but if he loses the nomination there is no bet.)  If he subsequently wins the race, you have to vote for the Democrat in the closest polling Alabama race.  If he subsequently loses, I have to vote for the Republican in the closest polling Louisiana race. 

Edit: next election, obviously. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What I’m saying is not that I think he’ll be the nominee, it’s that if he is I think he will win.  How about this: if Moore wins the nomination the bet is on (but if he loses the nomination there is no bet.)  If he subsequently wins the race, you have to vote for the Democrat in the closest polling Alabama race.  If he subsequently loses, I have to vote for the Republican in the closest polling Louisiana race. 

Edit: next election, obviously. 
Let's revisit if he's the nominee.  Honestly I don't think he even gets close.

Henry Ford said:
I hope not but I try not to hope too much lately. 
I'm just hoping the Saints get neutral calls next year.  I'd say that's a low expectation, but history has shown that's a big ask.

With the allegations not being fresh, I think he wins even if he is the nominee. 
My feeling is the people who would vote for Moore did so last year.  The only possible uptick he would have is the people who want another R in the Senate now, who that wasn't enough for last year.  I'll admit there are people here who still believe him, but they voted for him last year.  I don't think I've met anyone who believed his accusers who've since flipped to believing Moore.  Now those who do believe him, they often blame the state Republican party.  Therefore I think the primary would be so nasty with Moore vs "the establishment",  he would by default create more defections in places like Shelby, Madison, Lee, and Tuscaloosa counties.  

My feeling is the people who would vote for Moore did so last year.  The only possible uptick he would have is the people who want another R in the Senate now, who that wasn't enough for last year.  I'll admit there are people here who still believe him, but they voted for him last year.  I don't think I've met anyone who believed his accusers who've since flipped to believing Moore.  Now those who do believe him, they often blame the state Republican party.  Therefore I think the primary would be so nasty with Moore vs "the establishment",  he would by default create more defections in places like Shelby, Madison, Lee, and Tuscaloosa counties.  
That makes me quite hopeful. 

JR sets old Roy straight 

@Donaldjtrumpjr

You mean like last time? You’re literally the only candidate who could lose a GOP seat in pro-Trump, pro-USA ALABAMA. Running for office should never become a business model. If you actually care about #MAGA more than your own ego, it's time to ride off into the sunset, Judge.

JR sets old Roy straight 

@Donaldjtrumpjr

You mean like last time? You’re literally the only candidate who could lose a GOP seat in pro-Trump, pro-USA ALABAMA. Running for office should never become a business model. If you actually care about #MAGA more than your own ego, it's time to ride off into the sunset, Judge.
Two Grifters come in - Only one comes out

Reminds me of the Stones great hit - "Hey Hey You You Get Off of My Cloud"

This is an absolute sensational example of projection...HFS  :lmao:  
As I said about him denying knowing about the USS McCain stuff...the minute they (the Trumps) protest things is the minute you know they are guilty of it even worse than who they are accusing or protesting about.

He's Back!!!

AP is reporting that Roy Moore will jump into the Alabama Senate race
Get a few million in donations, install your family as highly paid campaign staffers, and then ride off into the sunset with your golden parachute. Nice work if you can find it.

Wasting his time I think this time.  Hard to know for sure but some people who supported him last time were hoping he didn't run this time.  He may make the runoff, but I find it hard to believe he will be the nominee this time.  I'd expect something closer to his performance when he ran for Governor against Bob Riley.

The best part of Roy Moore running again is listening to all those men AND WOMEN justifying having sex with older people while legally underage in order to help him win an election.

Here is an article from today on why I believe that Roy Moore is dead in the water on getting the Republican nomination in the 2020 cycle.  He may well make the runoff, though that is up in the air.  Those 27% or so of the favorables tend to be his bedrock supporters, and they do show up to the polls.  But given his high unfavorables, it's hard to see him winning in a runoff if he were to make it that far.  There are already some decent alternatives out there who have announced.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/survey-of-gop-voters-shows-high-unfavorable-ratings-for-roy-moore.html

Roy has company.

It seems that Jeff Sessions wants back in...

Source confirms Sessions is IN - the consultants he’s hired have conferred with the NRSC, per the person briefed on events.

Sinn Fein said:
Roy has company.

Source confirms Sessions is IN - the consultants he’s hired have conferred with the NRSC, per the person briefed on events.
What a fun look back at the last page. Sessions will probably win his seat back. 

Sinn Fein said:
Roy has company.

You should make a new thread.  Conflating these two in a thread on Moore is defamatory.

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman · 11m

A federal judge in NY dismissed Roy Moore's lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen over a segment where Cohen pretended to be an Israeli counterterrorism expert testing a device that he said would only beep around sex offenders (it beeped)

The judge found the consent agreement Moore signed before doing the interview clearly barred the kind of claims that Moore then tried to bring, and included language that headed off any fraudulent inducement claim based on the fact that Cohen was pretending to be someone else

Zoe Tillman @ZoeTillman · 11m

A federal judge in NY dismissed Roy Moore's lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen over a segment where Cohen pretended to be an Israeli counterterrorism expert testing a device that he said would only beep around sex offenders (it beeped)

The judge found the consent agreement Moore signed before doing the interview clearly barred the kind of claims that Moore then tried to bring, and included language that headed off any fraudulent inducement claim based on the fact that Cohen was pretending to be someone else
:lmao:

https://youtu.be/3kaJaDx51iw

After several litigation failures, Moore won a big jury verdict last week against the Senate Majority PAC for defamation relating to an attack ad they ran in 2017.

$8.2m jury verdict
Wow, that's a big verdict. Are there limits to the damages like in Texas with Alex Jones.

It would be a real tragedy if Jones ended up paying less than this PAC.

Why would it be a shame. The man was slandered as a pedophile for political purposes. His career and reputation was ruined by lies, regardless of what happens to Jones.

After several litigation failures, Moore won a big jury verdict last week against the Senate Majority PAC for defamation relating to an attack ad they ran in 2017.

$8.2m jury verdict
Wow, that's a big verdict. Are there limits to the damages like in Texas with Alex Jones.

Why would it be a shame. The man was slandered as a pedophile for political purposes. His career and reputation was ruined by lies, regardless of what happens to Jones.
Well except that he was a pedophile right?

$8.2m jury verdict

Obviously he has never been convicted in a court of law, but there is a bunch of smoke there. A bunch.

$8.2m jury verdict

There were allegations he asked girls out and was banned from the mall. The jury who looked at the evidence did not believe that. So there does not seem to be sufficient proof to conclude he was. Obviously his reputation has been destroyed and many think he was.

$8.2m jury verdict

Obviously he has never been convicted in a court of law, but there is a bunch of smoke there. A bunch.
There is also a lot of hate towards the man for his extreme political views. So it is not hard to find people to remember things a certain way which happened decades ago. Kavanaugh had hundreds of leads against him, but none of them proved to have merit.

Users who are viewing this thread