What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (2 Viewers)

Skins and Atlanta look like this weeks darlings. Going for Atlanta first and then Washington. I have the Eagles and while I like most of their upcoming schedule, I don't like them enough to hold them through this week.

Missed Was and Atl... now have the unenviable task of picking through the scraps... Bucs, Colts (if Mariotta isn't going ) & Pats are in the running. 

Looking to get BAL this week with Seattle on bye. With Josh Norman out, ATL will be my second choice, if BAL gets snapped up when waivers run, otherwise it would have been WAS.

It's finally time for me to move on from the Steeler's D.  They've been decent for me but it's time.  I know the Redskins and Falcons have good match ups but the Jags defense is available.  I know the Jags don't have a considered good match up but they have been playing great.

It's finally time for me to move on from the Steeler's D.  They've been decent for me but it's time.  I know the Redskins and Falcons have good match ups but the Jags defense is available.  I know the Jags don't have a considered good match up but they have been playing great.
Big time.

Thought Steeler D would be solid vs JAX at home. Nope. Upcoming schedule no good either.

In my strike zone for waivers tonight in priority order.

* ATL vs Mia -- Cutler a disaster. ATL should get up big, horrible game script for MIA.

* WASH vs SF -- At home, Wash D has been pretty impressive. Minus Norman, but Hoyer can be had.

* NE @NYJ -- NE D showed signs they were getting it together last week. NYJ minus Forte/Powell.

I like the Redskins this week but it seems hard to pass on the top scoring defense being available.  Are the Jags legit and could they take advantage of the Ram's high scoring offense?  I'm not convinced the Rams are that great.

Is Jax at the top of the list this week if they were dropped? Playing the Rams who have given up the least amount of points to defense.

Is Jax at the top of the list this week if they were dropped? Playing the Rams who have given up the least amount of points to defense.
I'm not sold on the Rams offense yet so I'm really considering picking up the Jags.  They keep impressing.

I like the Redskins this week but it seems hard to pass on the top scoring defense being available.  Are the Jags legit and could they take advantage of the Ram's high scoring offense?  I'm not convinced the Rams are that great.
JAX should not be on waivers. They are a primary hold and I think I'd play them every week.

JAX should not be on waivers. They are a primary hold and I think I'd play them every week.
Alot of people didn't like the match up against Steelers. I could see them being dropped in some leagues. They were dropped in one if mine.

Debating Washington over Carolina. I like the Panthers' D but Wentz is not an easy matchup. He's not turning the ball over right now and the Eagles should be able to score 20+ so if you're starting Carolina you're hoping for a massive number of sacks (which they did get in Week 5) and a defensive/special teams TD which is virtually impossible to predict. 

Debating Washington over Carolina. I like the Panthers' D but Wentz is not an easy matchup. He's not turning the ball over right now and the Eagles should be able to score 20+ so if you're starting Carolina you're hoping for a massive number of sacks (which they did get in Week 5) and a defensive/special teams TD which is virtually impossible to predict. 
I'd rather start Washington.

Risk is that Rams' strength (Gurley) plays into Jax's weakness (run D). You're hoping that they can sack/pick-off Goff enough to put up some points, but it could easily turn out badly.

I decided drop the Steelers and pick up the Jags.  The match up may not sound great but they are at home and then they have the Colts the following week.

I'm officially off the Rams and streaming the rest of the way. In one league, I already dropped them for Washington. In the other, I'll try to get Atlanta off the WW.

Was so sure Phillips would have his typical first-year impact, and they'd become elite the way Den/Hou did when he took over there as DC. Not sure what the problem has been. They haven't been terrible, but they're definitely not worth holding on to through bad match-ups (Fournette will run all over them this week) or byes.

KC was dropped this week. Going to put in a claim for them. We'll see. Otherwise I'm not sure. Not a lot of good options.

Washington looks good to me.  Gonna keep Baltimore in one league.  But looking to drop the Steelers for something

Risk is that Rams' strength (Gurley) plays into Jax's weakness (run D). You're hoping that they can sack/pick-off Goff enough to put up some points, but it could easily turn out badly.
That said, Jax looks good enough that if they were available, I would probably pick them up and take my chances on this week's match-up just to ensure I had them ROS.

Agree with the consensus that Washington and Atlanta look like the best options that are likely on most wires right now.

I wanted to also throw HOU's hat in the ring for discussion -- hard because they lost two really crucial playmakers in Watt and Mercilus, but they have a pretty solid matchup. They are not an option for me this week as I dropped them to make room for Cinci in WK 5, and it's a risk until we know how well they adjust to losing two key players, but they might be out there for people who have just scraps on the wire.

Crazy to pick up the pats if they were dropped?  I know they have been awful but they played much better last week vs tb and now get nyj....

Isn't Atl the play? Possibly getting Beasley back and playing a Miami team scoring less than 10 pts a week who has a QB that's been known to throw the ball up for grabs. I'm dropping the Eagles for the Falcons.

Isn't Atl the play? Possibly getting Beasley back and playing a Miami team scoring less than 10 pts a week who has a QB that's been known to throw the ball up for grabs. I'm dropping the Eagles for the Falcons.
This is what I'm aiming for this week.  Atl. at home against Cutler--low risk high reward.

Yes. Play defenses against Cutler until he's benched. The window is closing. 

Agreed. But which do people prefer of the two?
Myself, I think it's a coin flip between the two -- both at home against beatable offenses, and they will both project to be Top 5 Ds this week.

While I think WAS has looked really impressive, I'm leaning towards ATL because of momentum of opponents. SF and Hoyer looked to have some spark last week. Cutler and MIA? Not so much.

Myself, I think it's a coin flip between the two -- both at home against beatable offenses, and they will both project to be Top 5 Ds this week.

While I think WAS has looked really impressive, I'm leaning towards ATL because of momentum of opponents. SF and Hoyer looked to have some spark last week. Cutler and MIA? Not so much.
Plus they'll likely be without Parker.

Hope not as I need him as a potential flex option. Thought his sprain was deemed to be minor.
We've discussed him before in his dedicated thread so you know I own him in spots. There's close to a 0% chance I start him even if he does suit up. This was an ankle injury that he was supposedly over but reaggravated. He has no more byes, I hope he sits. If he plays I think he'll be limited. Plus, the match-up is pretty bad.

My opponent got ATL before I could during waivers, currently have ARI at home against TB. 

Other league I got WAS.

SameSongNDance said:
Alexander, David and Ward all look like they will be suiting up for TB this week. They are squarely on the radar IMO. 
Interesting- is it me or has TB seemed to have been playing solid D when healthy?

Wonder if they can be a candidate to hold.

Users who are viewing this thread