What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox news cracks me up...Benghazi! Hillary! Comey! AOC! (2 Viewers)

168 as of today, with a cost to taxpayers of $96,000,000

https://trumpgolfcount.com/
This seems significant in light of the fact that this has actually cost taxpayers x3.2 more (to date) than DJT claims the Russia investigation cost ($30,000,000.) Let's just ignore the fact that it made money and didn't cost the taxpayers any money.

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost taxpayers in totality for 8 years of Obama's golf outings?

This seems significant in light of the fact that this has actually cost taxpayers x3.2 more (to date) than DJT claims the Russia investigation cost ($30,000,000.) Let's just ignore the fact that it made money and didn't cost the taxpayers any money.

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost taxpayers in totality for 8 years of Obama's golf outings?
I thought I heard that Trump has already played as much golf as Obama did during his entire term, but that needs to be verified. 

Maybe a dumb question, but why is the Mueller Report for sale vs. just being available for free to citizens to download?

I thought I heard that Trump has already played as much golf as Obama did during his entire term, but that needs to be verified. 

Maybe a dumb question, but why is the Mueller Report for sale vs. just being available for free to citizens to download?
The Mueller report is available to download for free -- see here.

There is also a version being sold at Amazon, but it is being published by a private company (Skyhorse Publishing) and includes an extra section written by one of Trump's advisers. I'm not sure how a private company is able to publish something in Mueller's name without his consent, but maybe that's just the way it works for public documents.

[scooter] said:
Obama played a total of 333 rounds of golf while President. 61.5% of Obama's rounds were at military bases.

Trump has played a total of 170 rounds of golf while President. 0% of Trump's rounds were at military bases.
Probably why we are approaching ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS, $100,000,000.00, so President "I'll be too busy working to golf", to golf.  It's freaking ridiculous. 

Oh yeah, support our troops! :rolleyes:

Interesting article about the turmoil at Fox News these days:  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/04/fox-and-friends-will-be-next-lachlan-murdoch-is-in-a-trump-trap

I've long said that Fox's strategy of pushing all of their chips to the center for Trump would come back to bite them. Seems like they're at a major inflection point here.
Great article. I love this quote about Hannity: "“Hannity told Trump last year that the Murdochs hate Trump, and Hannity is the only one holding Fox together,” a source who heard the conversation told me."

(I also love the next line: "Hannity has told friends that he intends to leave Fox when his contract expires in early 2021, two people who've spoken with him said.")

What a blowhard. Have fun selling MyPillow ads on your podcast and memberships to your website (*cough cough Bill O'Reilly).

This is pretty amazing. I think it shows the hypocrisy on both sides.  A lot of the things that some of us complain about Trump probably got a pass during the Obama years.  I'm not trying to make a false equivalent as the scale of the two is completely different, but our political bias certainly taints our perception of what is and isn't acceptable.  

This is pretty amazing. I think it shows the hypocrisy on both sides.  A lot of the things that some of us complain about Trump probably got a pass during the Obama years.  I'm not trying to make a false equivalent as the scale of the two is completely different, but our political bias certainly taints our perception of what is and isn't acceptable.  
Totally agree with this, and it's what so frustrating as an "independent".  Just want what is best for the country, don't care what side it comes from.  I don't care for this free college stuff and most of the green new deal stuff, but also hate the current GOP turning a blind eye to all the Trump stuff ~ totally conflicted on who to support, wish there was a viable 3rd party but know that will never happen.  Makes you want to tune all of it out, and think that's why we get such low turnouts on election days.

if both sides do this, surely someone who leans right would've compiled a similar video but I can't find it.  does anyone have a link showing a CNN or MSNBC blasting Trump for stuff that they give Obama a pass for?  I'd love to see it

if both sides do this, surely someone who leans right would've compiled a similar video but I can't find it.  does anyone have a link showing a CNN or MSNBC blasting Trump for stuff that they give Obama a pass for?  I'd love to see it
Both sides, many sides are to blame.  

I laugh when people say both sides are the same.  It simply means they got nothing. 

Obama mostly got a pass from CNN and MSNBC for drone strikes, punting on North Korea, and the endless wars in the middle east (to name 3 topics).

Then again, if those 3 things were the worst things that Trump has done, he might have been given a pass as well. So we'll never be able to make an apples-to-apples comparison.

Totally agree with this, and it's what so frustrating as an "independent".  Just want what is best for the country, don't care what side it comes from.  I don't care for this free college stuff and most of the green new deal stuff, but also hate the current GOP turning a blind eye to all the Trump stuff ~ totally conflicted on who to support, wish there was a viable 3rd party but know that will never happen.  Makes you want to tune all of it out, and think that's why we get such low turnouts on election days.
as an independent myself, I too am struggling on who I should support: 

the racist authoritarian who's not too bright that praises dictators and have made Russia and NK our friends while alienating our allies going back to the World Wars, the party who meekly goes along with the racist authoritarian while giving a tax cut to rich people and corporations while in a booming economy and adding on to the trillion dollar annual deficit, the party who ignores the constitution, and actively works to reduce regulations that would otherwise help our planet and maybe making life a little more pleasant for our kids and grandkids

OR

The party who wants to give Americans free health care and education to make their lives better while raising taxes on rich people

I'm up in the air for now

Obama mostly got a pass from CNN and MSNBC for drone strikes, punting on North Korea, and the endless wars in the middle east (to name 3 topics).

Then again, if those 3 things were the worst things that Trump has done, he might have been given a pass as well. So we'll never be able to make an apples-to-apples comparison.
does CNN/MSNBC spend their day ripping Trump for drone strikes, punting on NK, and endless wars in the ME?  genuinely curious here, I'd love to see the contrasting video segments

Thanks as this was my point.  I'm not sure what Jomar and Saber are going on about.  

does CNN/MSNBC spend their day ripping Trump for drone strikes, punting on NK, and endless wars in the ME?  genuinely curious here, I'd love to see the contrasting video segments
They spend their day parsing out everything that Trump does, even the most miniscule of offenses.  They could be covering more important topics, but they'll sit there and discuss Trump's latest tweet or latest lie ad nauseum.  Again, I'm not saying Obama and Trump are the same, but the prism we view their actions through exaggerates our opinions based on which political flank we're positioned from.  

I was amazed at just how many exact quotes said about Obama now apply to Trump.  Are the offenses equivalent?  I don't think so.  But I think it would be incorrect to assume that our bias doesn't taint that judgment slightly.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it interesting that Michael Steele said the GOP got in Trump everything they feared they were getting from Obama when he got elected.

Great article. I love this quote about Hannity: "“Hannity told Trump last year that the Murdochs hate Trump, and Hannity is the only one holding Fox together,” a source who heard the conversation told me."

(I also love the next line: "Hannity has told friends that he intends to leave Fox when his contract expires in early 2021, two people who've spoken with him said.")

What a blowhard. Have fun selling MyPillow ads on your podcast and memberships to your website (*cough cough Bill O'Reilly).
O`Reilly would probably still be the #1 cable news show if he was still on air.   All cable news people/clowns need a forum.   Hannity, Maddow, Lemon, O`Donnell, whoever would never sell any memberships if they were off the air every night. They would slowly disappear like O`Reilly

2021 is odd timing. Where would he go?

Here's Fox cutting away from a guest tying the rise of anti-Semitism to Trump and his "very fine people" nonsense to go to commercial.

As the thread later points out:

1) Fox had JUST come back from commercial 2 minutes earlier.

2) This is a Fox "straight news" program -- the thing that Fox brags about to advertisers.

Next time someone says that CNN or MSNBC are just like Fox News except they lean left instead of right, you can just show them this and ask them to defend it. They won't, of course, because they can't. But at least you won't have to listen to them any more.

Here's Fox cutting away from a guest tying the rise of anti-Semitism to Trump and his "very fine people" nonsense to go to commercial.

As the thread later points out:

1) Fox had JUST come back from commercial 2 minutes earlier.

2) This is a Fox "straight news" program -- the thing that Fox brags about to advertisers.

Next time someone says that CNN or MSNBC are just like Fox News except they lean left instead of right, you can just show them this and ask them to defend it. They won't, of course, because they can't. But at least you won't have to listen to them any more.
The guest says it was a legit cutaway at the end of the hour. They had him back on again in the next hour (when he made the same point).

The guest says it was a legit cutaway at the end of the hour. They had him back on again in the next hour (when he made the same point).
Thanks. I'd like to hear more about it since it seems so obviously contrived but perhaps it was an honest move?  I've never seen anything like that anywhere, but then I make it a point not to watch cable news so maybe this sort of shoddy mid-interview cutaway isn't unusual.

They spend their day parsing out everything that Trump does, even the most miniscule of offenses.  They could be covering more important topics, but they'll sit there and discuss Trump's latest tweet or latest lie ad nauseum.  Again, I'm not saying Obama and Trump are the same, but the prism we view their actions through exaggerates our opinions based on which political flank we're positioned from.  
not sure why you replied to me as this doesn't answer my question.  the topic was whether CNN/MSNBC rip Trump for things they gave Obama a pass on.  I just would like to see an example like what we were given with Fox News and the obvious double standard demonstrated

however, I wonder what these 'miniscule' offenses are that you speak of?  are they worse than tan suits or Dijon mustard?  I sense that you probably don't want to get into specifics or you would have done so.  its possible for some people to not be on either political flank, at least it was prior to 2016

not sure why you replied to me as this doesn't answer my question.  the topic was whether CNN/MSNBC rip Trump for things they gave Obama a pass on.  I just would like to see an example like what we were given with Fox News and the obvious double standard demonstrated

however, I wonder what these 'miniscule' offenses are that you speak of?  are they worse than tan suits or Dijon mustard?  I sense that you probably don't want to get into specifics or you would have done so.  its possible for some people to not be on either political flank, at least it was prior to 2016
Yeah.  Nowhere to be found.  

Huge friggin news 1

Huge friggin news 2

Huge friggin news 3

Huge friggin news 4

Yeah.  Nowhere to be found.  

Huge friggin news 1

Huge friggin news 2

Huge friggin news 3

Huge friggin news 4
It's newsworthy when the President doesn't know what he is President of.

It's newsworthy when the President completely skips a Veteran's Day speech, lies about it, and doesn't make up for it.

Those two incidents are not comparable to when Fox attacked Obama for his personal choices regarding food and attire.

It's newsworthy when the President completely skips a Veteran's Day speech, lies about it, and doesn't make up for it.

Those two incidents are not comparable to when Fox attacked Obama for his personal choices regarding food and attire.
You guys need to reread what I wrote.  

What, the part about "They spend their day parsing out everything that Trump does, even the most miniscule of offenses."?

Because I would argue that skipping a Veteran's Day speech and lying about it, is not a miniscule offense.

What, the part about "They spend their day parsing out everything that Trump does, even the most miniscule of offenses."?

Because I would argue that skipping a Veteran's Day speech and lying about it, is not a miniscule offense.

I was amazed at just how many exact quotes said about Obama now apply to Trump.  Are the offenses equivalent?  I don't think so.  But I think it would be incorrect to assume that our bias doesn't taint that judgment slightly.  

I was wondering why you quoted me, and now that you've cleared up that your post didn't relate to what I asked, I'm more confused but will move on.  

your point is that CNN/MSNBC criticize the President too much.  what I was talking about was Fox News criticizing Obama for things that they are either completely silent on or excuse Trump for doing.  I was not commenting on the fact that Fox criticized Obama for every little thing (which they did), but the blatant double standard obvious to everyone who watches that video on Twitter.  

In Trump's defense, it was raining. And that hair of his does not do well in the rain.

BOF SIDEZZZZZ!!!!!!

How about when he say's doctors and mothers wrap babies in blankets and then decide whether to kill them? Any footage of Obama with similar comments? Literally every day this dude says things that are so blatant....SO out of bounds. Quite frankly he gets relatively good coverage considering what he says and does. 

Nobody could possibly imagined what a turd sammich this guy was going to be.  

the worst part of that ridiculous cost is that significant amounts of that money are going to Trump Co. 

But he is working for free!

Only on Fox News can you allegedly lose a billion dollars in a 10 year period and put a positive spin on it.   

Users who are viewing this thread