What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Started tinkering...looks like some good options at WR.  Green is still priced well for a matchup against CLE.  Baldwin looks pretty juicy at $7600 against IND.  I threw this in as a placeholder for a few cash games:

Dalton - Gurley, CJ Anderson - Green, Baldwin, Diggs - Witten - Succop - Cincy

Probably a little too much Cincy there for cash game comfort, but what's not to like about a defense vs Cle and Dalton is cheap.  Still have $300 available with this lineup, so I could bump Dalton up to Rivers to get away from one of those Cincy pieces.

My first look at things/placeholder  looks like this... 

Winston 

Gordon

Carson

Beckham 

Evans

R.Matthews

Witten 

Dawson

Seahawks 

Probably target Wilson at qb too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurley is now to 2017 season what David Johnson was to 2016 season.  You have to take him every week just to stay afloat, he's going to continue seeing around 20 touches and 5+ pass attempts per game.  Bank on it.

Gurley is now to 2017 season what David Johnson was to 2016 season.  You have to take him every week just to stay afloat, he's going to continue seeing around 20 touches and 5+ pass attempts per game.  Bank on it.
That is why I mentioned Cook.  Those two are getting similar workload. 

####show on defense. Guy who can sling it. He's still not too beat up. Tough to argue against his salary. 
For sure, still was a little surprised at the difference between #1 and #2 qbs.  Almost daring you to fade him.

What were some of the high scores you guys see, I saw a guy score over 200 in a couple of contests. 

Yikes! I think I saw about 188 or so for a high. 
I had around 167 amd that was with Derrick Henry and Phi Defense. I almost cashed big time in the sunday million but I still had a good week overall because I entered that lineup in a few gpp. I didnt do so well in cash.

I will consider him in cash, but he needs, what 34pts or more in gpps?  Will probably do it still if I don't use him in cash.  
It's tough for any QB that high priced to be profitable in a GPP. What he won't do (barring injury) is murder your GPP tho. Like, say, Ajayi 

Neither of you liked Cook at home? 
I have no problem with Cook, but Gurley's lowest output is higher than Cook's average ppg through 3 games.  Now, Gurley has had the advantage of a favorable schedule through those three games, but I don't see Dallas' run defense striking fear into opponents.  Also, I already had Diggs in the lineup I posted.    I could replace Anderson with Cook in the lineup I submitted above by dropping from Witten to Clay or Brate at TE.  I would probably pivot away from Diggs if I were to do it...Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, or Hilton may all be options for that.  That gets Gurley and Cook into the lineup...

Dalton - Gurley, Cook - Green, Baldwin, Allen - Clay - Succop - Cincy

That doesn't look to bad, but I would loose the wiggle room to pivot away from Dalton unless I rolled towards Keenum or Brissett  :loco:

I'm still self-scouting from week 3, in which I reduced my GPP bankroll from $65 to $20 (bloodbath).  

I've been getting talked into starting players.  In week 3, CJ Anderson was a good example.

Other than Brady, I dont really like any of the expensive QBs.

First GPP thought

Watson & Hopkins, Cook, Mixon, Hogan, Sanders, Gronk, Gostkowski, Falcons.

Despite having all the attention of Belichick, Hopkins pulled 7 for 76 yards.  Watson had 302/2 and 40 yards rushing.

I also like Case Keenum Bradford, Simian, Dalton, Eli and Rivers.

This is something that I came up with as a place holder: not sure about the K/Def, but have plenty of time to tweak it:

Brady - Cook/Gurley - Hopkins/Sanders/Shepard - Witten - Elliot - Cinc

Don't like fading that SNF game either.  SO many values this week make it interesting to work different types of LUs in the there.  I wrote down 6 WRs in the 6Ks that are getting 8+ targets/game on the year, and Rbs like Hyde and Mixon are super cheap too.  Ie - putting Mixon in the lineup above could get you from Sanders to Brown. 

Rbs I like this week:  Gurley, Cook, Zeke, Fournette, Freeman, Bell, Hyde, McCoy, Mixon. 

I think you have a greatly need to consider Carson at home vs the colts.  I  believe the hawks are favored by 13ish. Home team plus game script. I will take it. I will have alot of Carson/Seattle D stack this week, unless the experts convince me otherwise. 

Also with the coordinator change Mixon is a great value too.

I kinda like how this one looks too... To heavy on the cats though. 

Brady

Cook

Mixon

Green

Hopkins

Fitz

Graham

Elliot

Cincy D

I think you have a greatly need to consider Carson at home vs the colts.  I  believe the hawks are favored by 13ish. Home team plus game script. I will take it. I will have alot of Carson/Seattle D stack this week, unless the experts convince me otherwise. 

Also with the coordinator change Mixon is a great value too.
I will be curious on where he is projected.  That OL is still just trash, and I worry how much he will do with the opportunities when given. 

I kinda like how this one looks too... To heavy on the cats though. 

Brady

Cook

Mixon

Green

Hopkins

Fitz

Graham

Elliot

Cincy D
I like that -  I think I skipped over Graham when looking at TEs for some reason.  Good way to get exposure to that game if Baldwin is hurt. 

random thoughts...

I've read where Hill is vulturing goal line looks from Mixon; haven't checked the stats to validate.

Jimmy Graham in Seattle continues to look like Sammy Hagar lead vocal for Van Halen.  I wonder if Carroll / Wilson will ever use this guy like they should.

Does anyone play the $0.12 or $0.50 satellites for Sunday Million tickets?  I haven't played big GPPs and generally dont but have found myself wanting to play this contest more as the attention around it continues.  But tickets pay out 1st of of 69 for $0.12 or top 4 out of 67 for $0.50  Are cash lines high enough where I'm better off buying a couple entries rather than fishing for them?  How do you track satellites in your bankroll to justify their value?

Does anyone play the $0.12 or $0.50 satellites for Sunday Million tickets?  I haven't played big GPPs and generally dont but have found myself wanting to play this contest more as the attention around it continues.  But tickets pay out 1st of of 69 for $0.12 or top 4 out of 67 for $0.50  Are cash lines high enough where I'm better off buying a couple entries rather than fishing for them?  How do you track satellites in your bankroll to justify their value?
If I remember the starting tips, I think it read to not do the satellites, just try to build up your roll until you can pay for them.  That said, I think they would be a better option if you are scrolling through 10mins before lock and there were some that were not getting filled nearly enough. 

ETA:  Just my 10-person contests needed scores in the 140s for 1st, I would assume that it would take a bit more than that for a tix in a 70player contest.

If I remember the starting tips, I think it read to not do the satellites, just try to build up your roll until you can pay for them.  That said, I think they would be a better option if you are scrolling through 10mins before lock and there were some that were not getting filled nearly enough. 

ETA:  Just my 10-person contests needed scores in the 140s for 1st, I would assume that it would take a bit more than that for a tix in a 70player contest.
I played one 0.12 and two $1 satellites this past weekend and now have 3 free tickets to the sunday million. This is the second week winning atleast one ticket. I may continue the strategy going forward but I can see the argument against it.

I played one 0.12 and two $1 satellites this past weekend and now have 3 free tickets to the sunday million. This is the second week winning atleast one ticket. I may continue the strategy going forward but I can see the argument against it.
Did you enter those LUs in a regular gpp too? 

Did you enter those LUs in a regular gpp too? 
Yes I did.  I think the one dollar satellites are a better idea than the 0.12 as only the top position wins it in the 0.12 satellite whereas many more win the ticket in the $1 satellites.  I usually entermy favorite gpp lineup in a few satellites.

Yes I did.  I think the one dollar satellites are a better idea than the 0.12 as only the top position wins it in the 0.12 satellite whereas many more win the ticket in the $1 satellites.  I usually entermy favorite gpp lineup in a few satellites.
What did that LU win in a gpp then? 

This is probably sound advice, but I confess to playing satellites a lot in NBA. There is a 0% chance I will ever pay $25 for a GPP -- just too much for me. But I'll win tickets to them. 

What did that LU win in a gpp then? 
That lineup won me about $180 this past weekend plus I won 3 tickets to the sunday million.  Again, this is likely not a strategy that I will continue having success with, but I plan to play a few satellites this week

That lineup won me about $180 this past weekend plus I won 3 tickets to the sunday million.  Again, this is likely not a strategy that I will continue having success with, but I plan to play a few satellites this week
Fair enough, if you are having success with it go for it.

Well, my lineup continues to evolve...sitting with this right now for cash:

Wilson - Gurley/Cook - Green/D.Thomas/Fitz - Witten - Succop - Cincy

Good luck, guys.  Going out of town, so didn't do any cash, just $12 in gpps with 6 LUs. 

Thurs-Mon:  Brees - Zeke/Mixon - MThomas/Parker/Thielen - Kelce - Eliiot - Cincy.

Theme this week is taking guys who burned people the week before.  For this LU I thought Kelce might go a little lower owned than normal due to his dud.

Main Slate:  Only went with 5 RBs - Cook (3), Fournette(2), Freeman(3), White (1), and Blount (1).  2 Brady LUs, 1 Mariota, 1 Cam, and 1 Carr.  Obviously the Cam and Carr are the low owned "guys that burned everybody last week" plays.  I used them for the $1 entries, and the other two in the $3.   TEs were Gronk (2), Cook (1 w/Carr), Engram(1), and Njoku (1).   Had fun with a mix of WRs and called it good. 

Im thinking Siemian in a stack for gpp but I am having trouble picking a Wr to pair him with. My gut says Sanders. Thoughts?

Cabby said:
Im thinking Siemian in a stack for gpp but I am having trouble picking a Wr to pair him with. My gut says Sanders. Thoughts?
The guy I don't pick. I'll let you know where I come down later this week. 

Cabby said:
My second $1 gpp entry:

Siemian, Sanders, DT (triple stack)

Hyde, Dalvin Cook, Julio, Ertz, Bryant, Jets

Huh, didn't think the Denver pass game would be that interesting to people in gpps.  I guess it was seeing what Cousins did to Oak last week?  I might have to pivot off that idea if I see something else. 

Like many posting here, I'm having trouble keeping Bengals out of my LUs.  I'm a Bengals homer who's watched all three of their games and should know better!
Can't trust Dalton, but A.J. Green is still too cheap, and Mixon is ready for a breakout game.

I'm going to fire a few THU-MON entries, just to get some Rodgers / Nelson stacks in play

Punt TE:     Rogers -  Gurley/Mixon -- AJ Green/Nelson/Fitz - Griffen - Gostkowski - Bengals
Pay up TE   Rogers - Cohen/Mixon - AJ Green/Nelson/Rishard Matthews - Kelce - Walsh - Bengals 

KP, I like your theme of taking last week's duds.

Like many posting here, I'm having trouble keeping Bengals out of my LUs.  I'm a Bengals homer who's watched all three of their games and should know better!
Can't trust Dalton, but A.J. Green is still too cheap, and Mixon is ready for a breakout game.

I'm going to fire a few THU-MON entries, just to get some Rodgers / Nelson stacks in play

Punt TE:     Rogers -  Gurley/Mixon -- AJ Green/Nelson/Fitz - Griffen - Gostkowski - Bengals
Pay up TE   Rogers - Cohen/Mixon - AJ Green/Nelson/Rishard Matthews - Kelce - Walsh - Bengals 

KP, I like your theme of taking last week's duds.
Those probably aren't the best ways to do it this week, but I figured WTF - it's $1, and I don't have a ton of time to look at stuff.  

I think overall it's just might be a quick way to think about gpps.  People pissed about Ajayi/Cam/Carr - they have talent, so why not?  McCoy/Bell disappointing people?  Fire them up!.   People talking all about the Bengals?  Well, it's a division game, and they are the Bengals - take Clev D on the cheap.  etc, etc.  You don't necessarily need to look at ownership % specifically, just go against the grain of what you are hearing throughout the week.

For gpps I am trying to get away from the weird shot in the dark guys that I always gravitate towards, and just thinking about the top guys that we know have talent and targets, but are low owned for matchup or people being pissed at them.  - ie last week Cooks, M.Thomas, etc.   Maybe this week Cam, Kelce, Carr, Gilleslee, et al. 

Surprised I'm not seeing more Fournette in LUs

Thur-Mon Cash LU

Brady/Fourn?Mixon/Hogan/AJ/JaronB/Gronk/Lutz/Cincy

Main Cash LU

Wilson/Gurly/Zek/AJ/Fitz/Rish/Rudolph/MB/Cincy

Really liking for GPPs

QBs- Kizer, Wilson, Siemian, Taylor, Wentz

RBs-Hyde. McCaff, Bell, Cohen, Cook,

WRs- Diggs, AJ, RishMath, Hopk, ESam, DT, Hogan

TEs- Ertz, Witt, MLewis, Rudolph

K- MB, Gostk, McMan,