What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Surprised I'm not seeing more Fournette in LUs

Thur-Mon Cash LU

Brady/Fourn?Mixon/Hogan/AJ/JaronB/Gronk/Lutz/Cincy

Main Cash LU

Wilson/Gurly/Zek/AJ/Fitz/Rish/Rudolph/MB/Cincy

Really liking for GPPs

QBs- Kizer, Wilson, Siemian, Taylor, Wentz

RBs-Hyde. McCaff, Bell, Cohen, Cook,

WRs- Diggs, AJ, RishMath, Hopk, ESam, DT, Hogan

TEs- Ertz, Witt, MLewis, Rudolph

K- MB, Gostk, McMan,

Def- Jax, Cincy, Seat, TB, Tenn
I think a "problem" with this week is the quality of the rbs.  Not a week where there are those 1 or 2 chalk guys for cash- we have Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, Cook, Hyde, Freeman seeing a lot of action, and I could see people taking a shot on Cason or Mixon on the cheap too. 

Lots of ways to go this week, and I seem to gravitate to weeks like this for gpps since it might spread ownership out even more too. 

Saw a video from rotogrinders that made a convincing argument to fade Bell this week mainly because they're away in Baltimore.

It focuses on Yahoo but here's the link if anyone wants it.

Also, they mentioned Baltimore WRs have 13 total catches through the first three weeks.  That's hard to do.

I feel like Mixon is too cheap to leave out of cash but if his usage dropped off no one would be surprised. I also want to play AJ, but playing both of them is a bit dicey. Same with Zeke and Witten. Zeke looks to be the only rb that has all the metrics in his favor this week. Also considering Kizer at 6600. 6600! Maybe I should just light some cash on fire and call it a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can this lineup survive a cash game?

Wilson - Carson/Rodgers - Beckham/Green/Julio - Clay - Succop - Cincy

Too much RB risk?  They are cheap as dirt allowing for a powerhouse lineup at WR.  Rodgers doesn't excite me, but I think he could return value as NYG have been horrible against the run and TB is a home favorite who may end up trying to grind it out.  Is the Wilson/Carson combo too much of a taboo strategy?  I like both this week.  Could exchange Wilson in favor of Matt Ryan...  or drop to a guy like Wentz and use the spare cash to upgrade Clay to Witten...  Hmmm.  Too many choices.

Wentz - Carson/Rodgers - Beckham/Green/Julio - Witten - Succop - Cincy

Sorry...just thinking out loud here.

Can this lineup survive a cash game?

Wilson - Carson/Rodgers - Beckham/Green/Julio - Clay - Succop - Cincy

Too much RB risk?  They are cheap as dirt allowing for a powerhouse lineup at WR.  Rodgers doesn't excite me, but I think he could return value as NYG have been horrible against the run and TB is a home favorite who may end up trying to grind it out.  Is the Wilson/Carson combo too much of a taboo strategy?  I like both this week.  Could exchange Wilson in favor of Matt Ryan...  or drop to a guy like Wentz and use the spare cash to upgrade Clay to Witten...  Hmmm.  Too many choices.

Wentz - Carson/Rodgers - Beckham/Green/Julio - Witten - Succop - Cincy

Sorry...just thinking out loud here.
I personally think it's too much risk for cash this week.  I think rain is in the forecast for the TB game too.  Just my :2cents:

Finally figured out how to win Sunday million.  Titans are going to unleash hell on an unsuspecting DeShaun Watson.

Titans lost 16-26 to Oakland, beat Jags 37-16, beat Seahawks 33-27

Texans lost 7-29 to Jags, beat Cinci 13-9, lost to NE 33-36

Division matchups are always sketchy, but I like the smell of it.  I think the game hinges on whether or not Will Fuller makes a real contribution or not.

Mariotta, Rishard M, D Walker, Titans Defense

Powell, Gurley, Diggs, K Allen, Gostkowski

If I remember the starting tips, I think it read to not do the satellites, just try to build up your roll until you can pay for them.  That said, I think they would be a better option if you are scrolling through 10mins before lock and there were some that were not getting filled nearly enough. 

ETA:  Just my 10-person contests needed scores in the 140s for 1st, I would assume that it would take a bit more than that for a tix in a 70player contest.
Satellites are not smart money as your risking the juice twice.  That said, there has been a ton of satellite overlay making them sound plays.

Current cash L/U: QB/Manning, RB/Gurley - Fournette, WR/AJ Green - L Fitzgerald - Thielen, TE/Ertz, K/Dawson, DEF/CIN. 

Shows me 126.6 on the IVC, and i have $200 left over. Not sure where to put that $200

Current cash L/U: QB/Manning, RB/Gurley - Fournette, WR/AJ Green - L Fitzgerald - Thielen, TE/Ertz, K/Dawson, DEF/CIN. 

Shows me 126.6 on the IVC, and i have $200 left over. Not sure where to put that $200
Looks good to me. I wouldn't worry about the extra $200 but if it bothers you spend up on K or D.

My 2 GPP shots are:

Brady - Dalvin - C. Carson - Keenan - AJG - Rishard - Jared Cook - Dawson - Arizona

Eli - Carlos Hyde (may swap to Carson depending on injury update) - Gurley - OBJ - AJG - Jaron Brown - Ertz - Walsh - Cincy

Cash:

R. Wilson - Zeke - Dalvin - AJG - E. Sanders - Fitz - Jared Cook - Bailey - NYJ

This thread goes to hell when KP goes out of town lol.

Anyone have any recent experience with looking for excessive overlay in the few minutes before kickoff?  I'm curious if there is any laying around, and if the pros eat it all up in the last 60 seconds.

What's everyone's plans for Hyde and Baldwin. They are two popular plays with questionable designations. Are you waiting for the last minute news and then swapping them out if the vibe is bad or are you fading all together?

Hyde is an easy fade for me.  I don't feel like his price has been discounted at all based on the injury.  I wouldn't love him @AZ even if there wasn't that added worry.  In fact, it's such a bad spot that even if he scratches, I'm not sure I want anything to do with Breida for $5,000 either. 

Baldwin is priced well enough on Yahoo that he's worth a look in GPPs, but on FanDuel there is again no discount for the injury.  It's just a few hundred dollars to "pay up" for Michael Thomas or AJ Green, or you can take Hopkins or Keenan Allen and actually save money, so I'll pass on Baldwin.  Yeah, the ownership % will be low, but when the reasons not to own him are so obvious, I don't mind following the crowd. 

I have some Lockett going, Baldwin may not need to be out there even if he suits up. Richardson or graham also get a bump. Everyone wants to play Carson but Indy has actually stopped the run better this year. They are ugly vs the pass though. I'm not on the Hyde train this week, too many other better options. If you like low ownership in gpp then it's a Hyde week. 

A Gpp dart throw.

wilson/zeke/Ellington/julio/green/

lockett/graham/

dawson/hawks

Ellington may be too "Hail Mary" but i think he's the best rb there and should get a few more looks after doing well last week. 

Anyone have any recent experience with looking for excessive overlay in the few minutes before kickoff?  I'm curious if there is any laying around, and if the pros eat it all up in the last 60 seconds.
I've never really had any luck with it. The only time it worked for me was when FD started PGA otherwise they mostly filled at the last second.

A Gpp dart throw.

wilson/zeke/Ellington/julio/green/

lockett/graham/

dawson/hawks

Ellington may be too "Hail Mary" but i think he's the best rb there and should get a few more looks after doing well last week. 
I used Ellington a bit this week- hes really cheap and should see 20 touches. Like him more on DK for a flex and full ppr..

:lol:

Miss my babbling? 

So little connection, can't log onto FD and DK to adjust anything.  

I think I had 3 Brady, 1 Cam, 1 Carr, and 3 Rivers gpps. 

What's everyone's plans for Hyde and Baldwin. They are two popular plays with questionable designations. Are you waiting for the last minute news and then swapping them out if the vibe is bad or are you fading all together?
I'm steering clear in DFS unless you're fine with a really high risk lineup. I have Hyde in season long and only have Shepard and T Henry V Davis to take his place if I wait until the late games for my decision. Leaning Sheppard for now.

For DFS I'd feel better spending 200-400 less on Carson or CMc.

:lol:

Miss my babbling? 

So little connection, can't log onto FD and DK to adjust anything.  

I think I had 3 Brady, 1 Cam, 1 Carr, and 3 Rivers gpps. 
From personal experience no last minute tinkering is probably a good thing. I'm sure I've lost more $$ than I've won doing it.

Hated This weeks card. 

Went with 1 lineup on main slate (usually 3)

Taylor, Elliot, Bell, K. Allen, R. Matthews, Fitz, Clay , Gosk and Seattle

cash and tourney 

WRs failed me in the early games- julio jones, Watkins, Tate, martavis. Had one of them in every lineup but one. Ouch. Still have a chance to break even with fournette getting some ot yards to put me over the hump in a couple 50/50 (1pm only). Thank you OT. Had lots of gurley/zeke/fournette, clay, first week I didn't play zuerlien. 

Fitz and Taylor .... Yikes

Was looking at Newton and Watson with a cheaper kicker but prefer to not score to many points lol

Still at 127 points with Seattle left but that's not going to win money on bigger tourneys. Should profit but as usual like so many of us can say every week.... I was a player or two from huge day lmao. 

Fitz gets td in OT to salvage his day 

135 points with Seattle left bumps me up too. I'll take it 

Horrible Horrible week for me.

My 2 cash LU's

Brady, Gurly, cook, Fitz, Cooks, Theiland, griffin, succop, cinci    98.98.....So bad

Wilson, McCoy, Mixon, Green, OBJ, Fitz, Clay, Myers, CInci...currently at 88.84 and has no chance to cash...

Not to mention, my wilson LU I switched in the morning before my sons football game.  I took out Watson and fournett..Thats 57 points right there

Feeling good right now...two line ups all in 50-50/double up contests

137.82 - Manning, Gurley, D. Cook, AJ, Julio, Fitz, Clay, Dawson, Cincy

132.42 - Watson, Zeke, D. Cook, AJ, Julio, R. Matthews, Engram, Dawson, Cincy

All done-all and all currently in the money.  Managed to survive Julio's injury... just need to hang on through the second half of the night game, but it looks like they should stay in the money.

Gurley is now to 2017 season what David Johnson was to 2016 season.  You have to take him every week just to stay afloat, he's going to continue seeing around 20 touches and 5+ pass attempts per game.  Bank on it.
Good showing against a decent Dallas run D today.  Next week he's up against SEA front line, ill be all in again.

Didn't play this week due to being out of town running a fundraiser. But if there was any doubt it should be gone now -- NE is terrible at defense. They managed to make Cam look awesome. 

I had 3 cash lineups.  My 2 mixon ones didnt cash.  My Elliot/Gurley did and is looking like one of my better weeks.  Could have been so so so so much better though.  Any week on the positive I will take though.

Good showing against a decent Dallas run D today.  Next week he's up against SEA front line, ill be all in again.
I'm not sold on Gurley being last years DJ lol. I will fade Gurley against Seattle. I like him plenty but IMO he is not a guy that will be match up proof like DJ was. Way to many high quality stud backs to not pick out the best match ups. 

Ya O4F I agree next week will be a good test to see how front line agnostic his skills are this year.  I like SEA def next week against LAR as well.

I'm not sold on Gurley being last years DJ lol. I will fade Gurley against Seattle. I like him plenty but IMO he is not a guy that will be match up proof like DJ was. Way to many high quality stud backs to not pick out the best match ups. 
Disagree here.  Hyde and D.Muuray were decent vs Seattle.  Gurley getting so much volume in the pass game is what is making him look like he is matchup proof.  

All my rb plays scored 25+ (Except Ellington). All my WRs scored under 13......recouped some cash but was up against some lineups that went for 160+ in cash. My Ellington card is doing well in a smaller Gpp (24/1000 entries). My thurs-sun am cash games were the most brutal though- lost $26 in winnings as Miami threw a couple passes at the end to give Parker enough to put 5 lineups over mine by <2 puts. Still have a shot at making 1 more cash win if smith/hunt/hill can get me 70, which will bring me back to almost even for the week. I usually pick the wrong high priced rb- they all seemed to hit this week though. My WRs killed me everywhere. 

went 3/3 in cash and 2/3 in gpp $9.25 in $15.30 out.Good thing I had a good week as I had all but $1.20 of my bankroll in play.

Up a few bucks. Cashed 5 of 8 gpps.  I think the best ones were my Rivers/Allen/Williams stack and my Cam LU.   Had a lot of Cook and others and decided to fade Bell, Gurley, and Watson this week.  :bag:

Still have a primetime entry just below the cash line with players tonight- Hunt/Kelce/KC D and a wash wr I think? 

2nd straight winning week after losing bad week 1 and barely losing week 2.

Cash - $38 in $50 out.  Used the IVC to put together 2 lineups using a core of Wilson/Fournette/Gurley/AJ/Funchess.  They scored 155 and 159!  My Brady lineups were $0 in and $8 out.

GPP - $10 in $8.50 out.  3 of 10 lineups cashed.  Manning/Odell lineup scored 147 and Watson/Hopkins lineup scored 142. 

Qualifiers - $6 of Sunday million qualifers - 1 ticket $7 value.  Watson/Hopkins

Overall - $54 in and $58.50 + one $7 Sunday millions qualifier out. 

Key Players - heavy on Wilson/Fournette/Gurley/Zeke/Funchess/AJ for cash and Eli and Watson for GPP

Bad moves - Mixon tanked my Brady lineups.  Cook and Sanu injuries crippled a couple teams.  Sanders/Gronk/Bengals/Tate/R. Matthews/Diggs/Fitz/Matt Bryant/Succop all underperformed. 

Leaned heavier towards cash this week.  I probably should stop playing the Sunday million qualifiers however I'm paying on average $4-$6 for each $7 winning ticket. 

137.82 - Manning, Gurley, D. Cook, AJ, Julio, Fitz, Clay, Dawson, Cincy
I wound up changing my cash L/U Sunday morning when I ran it through the IVC again and saw that it had dropped down to 122.2 or something like that. What I changed to was this line-up exactly w/ one difference; I took Engram at TE in lieu of Clay. Glad I did. 

** edit ** of course, sometimes, I just talk to much too. After I typed that, I went back and looked at the first cash LU that I changed from and discovered that I actually would have scored 10 points more than I did. 

Does anyone play the $0.12 or $0.50 satellites for Sunday Million tickets?  I haven't played big GPPs and generally dont but have found myself wanting to play this contest more as the attention around it continues.  But tickets pay out 1st of of 69 for $0.12 or top 4 out of 67 for $0.50  Are cash lines high enough where I'm better off buying a couple entries rather than fishing for them?  How do you track satellites in your bankroll to justify their value?
didnt play too much this weekend but had a handful of $0.50 cent entries in sunday million satellites. cash lines for the 4/67 were ~150.  Think those bucks are probably better thrown into a GPP than a satellite contest.  

Made a huge mistake on my Thurs-Mon. Ran Rogers and Adams with a bunch of holders. Snead was one of them. As I got into my lineups and began to get things together.... I forgot that damn earlier game in London. None the less I had Snead for a big fat goose egg. I was able to over come it somehow and score 129.16 which gave me a total of $61 in and $84.50 out. 

Needless to say, that was just a stupid stupid mistake and over look on my part. I hope that others here are either not that dumb or can maybe learn from my mistake. Pretty embarrassed and being new here I wasn't going to share that but in the end if it helps one person then it was worth my pride. Haha

so.... Make holders late games and or none that are questionable. You never know what can come up last minute or forget like I did. 

$58.25 in

$32.03 cash, 13 milly entires next week, a couple of $6 Mega Q tix, and a $7 Mega Q tic out.  That's $112 worth of tix.

Most of my losers were Thur thru Mon contests.  Crushed the late and primetime slates.  

Have a couple of decent Mon-Thur lineups in the pipeline.

Users who are viewing this thread