What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Puerto Rico & USVI (Hurricane Maria): The Storm & Recovery (1 Viewer)

We landed 73,000 Americans at Normandy on D-Day under astronomical fire, but we can't get more than 5,000 to Puerto Rico in nine days.  
The D-Day landings were, however, planned well in advance.

Not that this in any way excuses the tardiness of response to the crisis in PR. Merely a lazy analogy

Ideally, FEMA directors have a plan in place long before a hurricane happens in case one hits one of our islands. 
Indeed. Would that plan include FEMA already being deployed in two other disaster areas?

Again Not that this in any way excuses the tardiness of response to the crisis in PR

Indeed. Would that plan include FEMA already being deployed in two other disaster areas?

Again Not that this in any way excuses the tardiness of response to the crisis in PR
Yes, it should. And I can tell you with absolute certainty that while I don't know the current adminstration's plans, the last adminstration's disaster plans included what to do if multiple areas of the country were disaster areas at the same time. 

To be fair....the Haiti quake killed a couple hundred thousand people...

Is there any real benefit in doing these comparisons?  Is it helpful?  
Yes.  It's to show logistics aren't that different which has been one of his talking  points.   Did you miss the part about him saying PR is in a big big ocean?

The other candidate from this election is literally tweeting out what needs to be done next. 

Why weren't the USNS Mercy and Comfort en route a week ago?  Hint: the administration probably had to look up what she was talking about when she tweeted about them. 

:SMH:

Mikel Jollett‏ @Mikel_Jollett 4h4 hours ago

The mayor of San Juan (Carmen Cruz) lost her house and has been living in a shelter.

Trump GOLFED yesterday.

The smear merchants didn’t get their wish with the 2 other storms and are going balls to the wall on this one

The smear merchants didn’t get their wish with the 2 other storms and are going balls to the wall on this one
I see that suddenly you're all over this thread. Is it because squistion criticized you for not posting about Puerto Rico? 

If your posts here are any indication, squistion probably should have left well enough alone. 

I see that suddenly you're all over this thread. Is it because squistion criticized you for not posting about Puerto Rico? 

If your posts here are any indication, squistion probably should have left well enough alone. 
I do t know what you are referencing about squistion. 

I’m actually heartbroken over PR . Old San Juan is a special place

I'm not going to make any sweeping generalizations about you as a person here. That would be against the rules and uncool. I will say that the sentiments you are expressing in this thread and many others are truly despicable. We are allowed to criticize and share negative opinions about the content of posts, rather than posters. So I'll stick to those guidelines in the rules. Your posts are terrible in my opinion, and the ideas you express in the FFA sicken me. 

I'm not going to make any sweeping generalizations about you as a person here. That would be against the rules and uncool. I will say that the sentiments you are expressing in this thread and many others are truly despicable. We are allowed to criticize and share negative opinions about the content of posts, rather than posters. So I'll stick to those guidelines in the rules. Your posts are terrible in my opinion, and the ideas you express in the FFA sicken me. 
Well that’s like your opinion, man

When Harvey and Irma hit, Trump spent the weekend at Camp David or the White House to work on the response.

Puerto Rico is leveled, and now Trump is at Bedminster teeing it up at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to taxpayers, much of which is going straight to the Trump Organization.  

Well that’s like your opinion, man
It absolutely is. Maybe you're a great dude, I have no way of knowing anything about you aside from the content of your posts here. They don't say good things. Again, in my opinion, and based only on your words here.

When Harvey and Irma hit, Trump spent the weekend at Camp David or the White House to work on the response.

Puerto Rico is leveled, and now Trump is at Bedminster teeing it up at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to taxpayers, much of which is going straight to the Trump Organization.  
Has to find ways to launder money to pay off his Harvey donation.  

Yes.  It's to show logistics aren't that different which has been one of his talking  points.   Did you miss the part about him saying PR is in a big big ocean?
Separate the Trump from the response.  He’s an idiot.  Doesn’t necessarily mean anything about the response from the government.  It’s a tough situation and it’s tougher still to get honest reporting as many are using it to further their side (trump obviously being included in that)

Last edited by a moderator:
If there isn't water or medical care and dengue breaks out, what do you think the body count will be? Or typhoid?

We need massive response on this. 
Agree.  It could get really bad really fast.  They have to keep increasing the response as much as possible.

Separate the Trump from the response.  He’s an idiot.  Doesn’t necessarily mean anything about the response.  It’s a tough situation and it’s tougher still to get honest reporting as many are using it to further their side (trump obviously being included in that)

I'm confused what your argument here is.

It's clear the government isn't doing all it could do, and that's the problem. 

Unless I'm missing something important there's no way you can say we're doing enough for those people right now. 

I'm confused what your argument here is.

It's clear the government isn't doing all it could do, and that's the problem. 

Unless I'm missing something important there's no way you can say we're doing enough for those people right now. 
I just wish people could agree that more needs to be done and quit with the political potshots. Perhaps I spent too much time on Twitter this morning.  That’s always a bad section of the population anyways.

Separate the Trump from the response.  He’s an idiot.  Doesn’t necessarily mean anything about the response from the government.  It’s a tough situation and it’s tougher still to get honest reporting as many are using it to further their side (trump obviously being included in that)
The response has been subpar. It can be fixed but it has to be done quickly. 

I just wish people could agree that more needs to be done and quit with the political potshots. Perhaps I spent too much time on Twitter this morning.  That’s always a bad section of the population anyways.
The problem is the President of The Unites States can't get on board with more needs to be done and therefore it isn't happening.  This isn't a potshot. He has the power to increase of relief efforts and is choosing not to. Intense public shaming is the only thing that might compel him to act.

The problem is the President of The Unites States can't get on board with more needs to be done and therefore it isn't happening.  This isn't a potshot. He has the power to increase of relief efforts and is choosing not to. Intense public shaming is the only thing that might compel him to act.
He has no shame. 

timschochet said:

Sorry, I didn't expect him to come in this thread and try to hijack it with trolling. However he proved my point that he really has no interest is seriously discussing what is happening in Puerto Rico. 

We now return you to the continuing crisis discussion and the Trump administration's reaction to it.

timschochet said:
Are we supposed to not be angry with Trump after this morning? What do you expect? 
San Juan mayor does a heel turn on the President and he responds . Maybe he should have ignored but he knows what game that is being played 

totally different story coming from from the governor 

Henry Ford said:
The response has been subpar. It can be fixed but it has to be done quickly. 
After what I've seen of FEMA in the last couple of weeks, it's not in their DNA unfortunately.

toddstarnes @toddstarnes

How did the mayor of San Juan find time to make that customized "Help Us We are Dying" t-shirt?

11:06 AM · Sep 30, 2017

Pé Resists‏ @4everNeverTrump 1h1 hour ago

If you're blaming Puerto Ricans for what's happening instead of Trump,

remember to blame yourself when you don't have water after a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread