What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Schobert (1 Viewer)

On The Rocks

Evil Conservative
He has an above avg. number of assists (17).  Is there any history that shows a young player turns those assists into solo tackles and what do we expect from him going forward.  I saw the comments on him in the Week 4 Eyes of the Guru but looking for some additional input.

Assists are a crap shoot and are subject to the official scorer.  Some stat crews assign a lot of assists and some barely award any.  The only take away I would have from a player having a lot of assists is that they are around the football - which is a good thing.  Schobert should continue to be a solid LB2/3 type moving forward.             

If a player has a ton of assists it is often a sign that their home stat crew is awarding two assists rather than solo+assist whenever two players are involved in a tackle, and only awarding solos if the player is alone at the time,

I can't recall how Cleveland's stat crew is, and don't have my notes with me,  but skim a few recent game logs and see how often you see Player1, Player2 (tackle, assist) rather than Player 1; Player2 (2 assists, no solo).  If the latter is typical, this won't likely get better.  Especially with athletic guys like Collins who will be around the ball a lot grabbing the other half of Scobert's potential solos.

Users who are viewing this thread