What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Jeopardy Champion....is that shuke?!?! (1 Viewer)

I was wondering how long it would take for a thread to pop up about this guy.  He is pure TV gold.

you know when people say " :lmao: i literally just spit out my water"

well, that actually just happened to me

that guy is wolfman shuke

did you see him tonight getting the book title for opening lines for a book?  whatever I just typed, it was jaw dropping if you watched.

I'm not convinced until I see this guy shove an entire slider into his mouth in one huge children's bite.

Audiences have embraced his quirky nature and it's not an act.

An interview with Rogers on Wednesday started like this:  "Austin, how are you?"

Rogers: "I'm rich."
:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
His shtick has become a little tiresome. Full of himself now.

Also, that chick in red that lost to him was kinda cute.

It was an insane wager, though. He had a lead over second place, but if he got the question wrong, he could have lost.
The person in 2nd place had him covered, so he probably figured he was going to lose if he missed the question anyway. And, maybe it was a subject that he was confident in.

Of course, 2nd place could've outfoxed him if they'd just bet a small amount, but you can't know something like that is coming. You gotta bet to cover imo.

True.

As a whole, Jeopardy! players are pretty bad at math. DD and Final wagering is usually beyond them. It just bugs me when I see someone screw up the numbers. The worst is when a mistake means the only person who gets FJ right loses because of a stupid wager.
Totally true. My pet peeve is how people who are smart enough to make it on the show can't understand simple betting strategy.  :shrug:

I noticed on Friday's show that both 2nd and 3rd place actually made smart wagers and either had the potential to win if the champ hadn't correctly answered the Countries question.

I swear, I saw an episode once where the leader uncovered the final DD on the final clue of the second round. They were leading by like $2000 (like 14,000 to 12,000). You already know what happened next: they bet $4000. WHY? Is an 18,000 vs 12,000 lead any safer than 14,000 to 12,000 in Final Jeopardy? Really?

Yep, he bet $4000, then whiffed on the answer. Now trailing $10,000 to $12,000 and gifting the lead to the challenger just as the round ended. He went into FJ in second place. Both him and the new leader got the FJ answer right, and he lost.

I've never seen a stupider move. Just bet $1, or 1000 if you have to. But seal the lead going into FJ. It irks me to even think about how dumb that is.
That's so bad. But you're also betting on a rational-actor model where those trying to catch you have to bet the right amount, which they rarely do.  

I swear, I saw an episode once where the leader uncovered the final DD on the final clue of the second round. They were leading by like $2000 (like 14,000 to 12,000). You already know what happened next: they bet $4000. WHY? Is an 18,000 vs 12,000 lead any safer than 14,000 to 12,000 in Final Jeopardy? Really?

Yep, he bet $4000, then whiffed on the answer. Now trailing $10,000 to $12,000 and gifting the lead to the challenger just as the round ended. He went into FJ in second place. Both him and the new leader got the FJ answer right, and he lost.

I've never seen a stupider move. Just bet $1, or 1000 if you have to. But seal the lead going into FJ. It irks me to even think about how dumb that is.
Agree that's a dumb bet but an argument could be made to close the 2nd place player out by beating big also - depends on the category and money IMO

Agree that's a dumb bet but an argument could be made to close the 2nd place player out by beating big also - depends on the category and money IMO
True, but the guy ended up going down the middle and thus had neither a potential lead nor a potential close out of the rest of the players. So he sucked big time.

Loved his reaction in the first round when he figured out the Emmy, Oscar, Tony category. As well, I got a kick out of his comment to Alex about not having been paid.

Looks like he lost some weight.

Several times I saw the 2nd-place contestant not bet enough to overtake the leader on the final DD, and was short by a few hundred dollars.

Got beat badly in the first round. May qualify for a wild card, though.
I'm in the minority, but I can't stand this turd.  It seemed like he was bored with his quarterfinal match this week, like he wanted to see how much of a challenge it was by just trying in the double jeopardy round.

Users who are viewing this thread