What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Mexican Restaurant in Town (1 Viewer)

Frostillicus

Footballguy
So there's this new Mexican place about 2 miles away (Tex Mex). We love it so we went to check it out. I got the standard 32oz Dos Equis Amber that every Tex-Mex place in Minnesota has and my wife gets a house Pinot Grigio as is her usual. My daughter (15) goes with a water, son (12) with a white (non chocolate) milk. What can I say, the kids don't like soda. I'd take some parent credit for it, but I doubt we have anyting to do with it.

Drinks come and not only is my beer huge, but my wife's pour of wine is probably like 10 oz. Nice.

We order (I go wtih the simple beef tacos because I want to know if these guys can get the basics right, my wife gets a birria burrito, daugher and son both go with chicken strips and fries because their pallets suck). We play some mini uno while we wait, and when teh food comes my wife still has lots of wine left while my beer is about 2/3 gone. Since we are out I wanted to have two drinks and damn this fast mexican order/delivery time. I decide I want a vodka & soda since I the beer is too much at that volume and I also suffer from gout (like @shuke). There is just too much time for me to just have one, so I go with my goto move - I'll take a doulbe tall vodka soda. **** yeah.

The waitress comes back with my drink after my daughter wins uno and while we are eating (food is outstanding) and it's a 32 beer mug. It's clear other than the ice. I ask "this is the vodka" she says "yes, the titos and soda." I asked no more questions as I was confused. I tasted it several times and ascertained that it was defintely not watered down nor particularly strong. It was simply 32oz of a normal vodka & soda. Party time I guess.

I told the wife to get another wine since I was going to be here a while so she did and it was another 9-10 oz pour. Nice.

I did finish the drink. She did finish teh wine. My son won a game of UNO. The bill comes and my big drink is $16. Best deal ever.

The moral of the story is that I am very drunk.

Average Collins glass is 10-12oz. You got around 6oz. of vodka if they used conventional recipe. Tito’s is about .67 per oz for a handle. So, about $4 worth of vodka. Typical markup for spirits is about 400-500% so you could expect that to be roughly $16-$20 dollars but you also got the soda water, the service and your *** ran in Uno so I’d say you got a really good but not fantastic deal.

:grad:

Last edited:
So wait, did you eat:

Mexican food?
New Mexican food (aka southwest food original to New Mexico/Arizona)?
Tex Mex?

I recognize these are probably all not prominent in Minnesota, but they are different.

What is New Mexican cuisine? Roof pizza?
Oh, if wikkid was here, the things that he would say.

New Mexican food is delicious. Hatch green Chile on just about everything… burgers, in breakfast burritos, stews. Red Chile on enchiladas, tamales, huevos rancheros.

New Mexican pizza is bad though.
Yep. Here's the Mecca: https://www.elotecafe.com/
Oooooof

New Mexican food is delicious. Hatch green Chile on just about everything… burgers, in breakfast burritos, stews. Red Chile on enchiladas, tamales, huevos rancheros.

Oooooof
I’ll plug this place that I went to on wikkid’s suggestion… http://www.ranchodechimayo.com/ Had the combination plate with carne adovado, pork tamale, cheese enchilada, beans, and posole with Chimayo red chile. One of the best meals that I’ve ever had.

Oooooof
I’ll plug this place that I went to on wikkid’s suggestion… http://www.ranchodechimayo.com/ Had the combination plate with carne adovado, pork tamale, cheese enchilada, beans, and posole with Chimayo red chile. One of the best meals that I’ve ever had.
Damn that looks good. New Mexican/southwest food is in my top three for sure for cuisines.

You know I don't have gout, assface.

Also, why would you pick soda when tonic is available?
Tonic is terrible. Mmmm…bitter water. Disgusting.
are you dinking tonic on it's own? that would be gross. with alcohol? :chef'skiss:

I’m not drinking tonic water at all, with anything, because it’s rusty dishwater and life is too short.
I'll toast to that :hendricks&tonic:

are you dinking tonic on it's own? that would be gross. with alcohol? :chef'skiss:

I’m not drinking tonic water at all, with anything, because it’s rusty dishwater and life is too short.
I agree that a basic Schweppes tonic and like tanquaray isn't worth the calories.

But a high end Hendricks with an appropriately matching Fever-Tree tonic... now that's a nectar of the gods.

I like New mexican pizza. We have visited albuquerque the last few years and the pizza there is pretty good, also with green chilis.

I like the New Mexican cuisine and thankfully it is creeping up into denver.

Green chilis :wub:

I like New mexican pizza. We have visited albuquerque the last few years and the pizza there is pretty good, also with green chilis.

I like the New Mexican cuisine and thankfully it is creeping up into denver.

Green chilis :wub:
Yeah, I do like the green chile pizza. My pizza dig is more because my wife is from Albuquerque and I’m from New Jersey — her view is that New Mexico pizza (and some chain stuff from Dion’s with just pepperoni) is superior to New Jersey’s, and, as much I love New Mexican food, I draw the line there.

So wait, did you eat:

Mexican food?
Tex Mex?

I recognize these are probably all not prominent in Minnesota, but they are different.
I don't know how this is confusing but Tex-Mex.

Loved the food when I went to New Mexico. The green chili stew was simply amazing.

So there's this new Mexican place about 2 miles away (Tex Mex). We love it so we went to check it out.
Your love for the place appeared before you even knew it was going to get you saucy. Nice

Where is this place? I want a 32 oz drink
Oak Park Heights.
I have good friends that live in Bayport. What's the name of this new mexican place?
I live in Bayport. Are you talking about me?

It's called Fiesta Mexican Grill. It used to be a Fiesta Cancun, but they apparently dropped the Cancun at some point.

So there's this new Mexican place about 2 miles away (Tex Mex). We love it so we went to check it out.
Your love for the place appeared before you even knew it was going to get you saucy. Nice

Oak Park Heights.
I have good friends that live in Bayport. What's the name of this new mexican place?

It's called Fiesta Mexican Grill. It used to be a Fiesta Cancun, but they apparently dropped the Cancun at some point.
Tory?? Hole **** dude! :) My friends live up the hill from downtown, their backyard backs up to that prairie by the new development

Hasn't that place been there for a long time?

Oak Park Heights.

Tory?? Hole **** dude! :) My friends live up the hill from downtown, their backyard backs up to that prairie by the new development

Hasn't that place been there for a long time?
I live in that new development. Funny.

Yes, but it used to be Fiesta Cancun, now it's Fiesta Mexican Grill. We hadn't been there prior to the name change. Food is much better now.

I agree that a basic Schweppes tonic and like tanquaray isn't worth the calories.

But a high end Hendricks with an appropriately matching Fever-Tree tonic... now that's a nectar of the gods.

This guy knows things. Just don't forget the lime wedge.

So wait, did you eat:

Mexican food?
Tex Mex?

I don't know how this is confusing but Tex-Mex.
Oh, yeah, you did say Tex Mex. My bad - was going off the thread title.

At least you didn't go to Chevy's.

Mexican restaurants and booze .....

When I was in high school we used to go to a local Mexican restaurant that would serve us drinks.....and legit, like the OP is talkin about. Good times.
Same. We were probably 18 and one day one of my friends just casually asked for a Corona and the server didn’t bat an eye. So we all immediately were like “oh yeah that sounds good, I’ll also take a Corona”. That became our favorite restaurant for about 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread