What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Mexican Restaurant in Town (1 Viewer)

Is this the same as chile verde, or something different?
I don't actually know so I looked it up

What is the difference between green chili stew and chili verde?

Chile verde differs from its rustier cousins in a few ways: The go-to meat is pork, tomatillos make their way into the sauce, the chili peppers are fresh, and the stew typically doesn't include cumin.

Mexican restaurants and booze .....

When I was in high school we used to go to a local Mexican restaurant that would serve us drinks.....and legit, like the OP is talkin about. Good times.
Same. We were probably 18 and one day one of my friends just casually asked for a Corona and the server didn’t bat an eye. So we all immediately were like “oh yeah that sounds good, I’ll also take a Corona”. That became our favorite restaurant for about 2 years.
This is almost exactly how it went down for us

Last edited:

Chile verde differs from its rustier cousins in a few ways: The go-to meat is pork, tomatillos make their way into the sauce, the chili peppers are fresh, and the stew typically doesn't include cumin.
My mother-in-law grew up in Arizona and her family calls this recipe green chili. It would have been worth marrying my wife just to find this dish.

Interesting.....I make Chile Verde and it has copious amounts of cumin.....love me some cumin

Users who are viewing this thread