What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for Brady or Roethlisberger. Will help in return. (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
I play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. I'm 5-3 and in 4th place based on points but really tied for 2nd by record. My team is as follows:

QB - Cousins, Rivers, Stanton, Osweiler; RB - David Johnson, Ajayi, Kamara, McCaffrey, Lamar Miller; WR - Deandre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Corey Davis, Alshon Jeffery; TE - Jimmy Graham; K - Bryant; DEF - Jacksonville

There is a team in our league with Brady, Roethlisberger, Siemian, and Flacco as his QBs. I knew the Broncos were starting Osweiler all day but didn't make the change to pick him up until last evening (I dropped Darren McFadden). Right now, he has Flacco starting and there are no other QBs on waivers to pick up and so he'd have to trade to have a 2nd QB to play this week. The rest of his roster is:

RB - Leonard Fournette, DeMarco Murray, Marlon Mack

WR - Paul Richardson, Kelvin Benjamin, Demaryius Thomas, Stefon Diggs

TE - Charles Clay, Jared Cook

K - Adam Vinatieri, Stephen Gostkowski

DEF - Seattle

Any trade you would see happening here? I have Rivers on bye this week and he has Brady and Roethlisberger on bye. Probably need to get a trade done today. Otherwise I'd release Osweiler this evening. QB seems like the area that I need to upgrade most. I also am hoping to pick up Sterling Shepard off waivers and maybe Hunter Henry. People dropped them due to the bye weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have another trade I'm considering. An owner offered me Greg Olsen for David Johnson. I'm thinking of offering a counter of David Johnson and Jay Ajayi for Jerick McKinnon and Greg Olsen. I can then flip Olsen and Rivers or Cousins, for example to the team above for Brady. Thoughts?

assuming its not a keeper league, i'm sure there is a trade in there. Maybe Rivers, Oswelier, Ajayi, Alshon and Graham for Brady, fournette, diggs, and cook? Then go Get Henry off waviers. His team looks like it needs to win now.

whatever you do, just make sure it involves grabbing Henry off waivers. You dont even need Shepard. 

assuming its not a keeper league, i'm sure there is a trade in there. Maybe Rivers, Oswelier, Ajayi, Alshon and Graham for Brady, fournette, diggs, and cook? Then go Get Henry off waviers. His team looks like it needs to win now.

whatever you do, just make sure it involves grabbing Henry off waivers. You dont even need Shepard. 
Their team is 4-4 and in 6th place (the last playoff spot). Certainly a win would put them in a more favorable position in the weeks ahead but I don't see them as a team ready to sell the farm and 3 of their 4 best players. I don't think that's a good trade at all but thanks for the insight.

Im a beliver in McKinnon > Ajayi.  But if you cant keep DJ, then I'd consider taking olsen, but I wouldn't trade him if he could be kept..  Having said that, I also like how  Hunter Henry's schedule finishes up. 

Yeah, I may try and get Henry anyway. The reason I could "maybe" sell Ajayi over McKinnon is the fact that McKinnon is on bye this week and he's trotting out Buck Allen and Matt Forte as his RBs. And he needs a win. His team is 3-5.

Their team is 4-4 and in 6th place (the last playoff spot). Certainly a win would put them in a more favorable position in the weeks ahead but I don't see them as a team ready to sell the farm and 3 of their 4 best players. I don't think that's a good trade at all but thanks for the insight.
so yeah, he is in a must win. Here's the deal, if he has zero other options for a starting QB, then he isn't even giving his team a chance to win this week if he doesn't trade for one.

Of corse its not a great offer for him, but some people might think higher of Ajayi now that he is on the eagles. (i dont, but  some do) . use it as a starting point. if he wont move fournette, thats understandable. 

Just don't make a trade to trade, make sure it has a purpose to help you down the line.. GL

I'll see if I can get McKinnon first. I think the Brady owner might find greater value in McKinnon rather than Ajayi and then I think making a play for Brady and Fournette (or Murray) might prove to be a bit more feasible. Our league is bumped very tightly and I just found out I'm also 4-4 after some stat updates. I initially won 150.40 to 150.38 last week but they gave the other team's defense an additional two points so instead of 5-3, I'm 4-4. That's annoying.

Does your league have the standard 2 day waiting period on trades?  If so, you won't be able to trade for a player this week and flip him for another player before the games start on Sunday.  That said, if you cannot keep David Johnson next year then yes definitely trade him for Olsen, its looking more and more likely that Johnson will miss the whole season.  Olsen is back soon and with Benjamin gone he should get even more targets than before (he got a lot before). I'd rank McKinnon higher than Ajayi rest of season so if you can include that part of the deal, all the better. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762284-trade-away-david-johnson-in-keeper-league/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your league have the standard 2 day waiting period on trades?  If so, you won't be able to trade for a player this week and flip him for another player before the games start on Sunday.  That said, if you cannot keep David Johnson next year then yes definitely trade him for Olsen, its looking more and more likely that Johnson will miss the whole season.  Olsen is back soon and with Benjamin gone he should get even more targets than before (he got a lot before). I'd rank McKinnon higher than Ajayi rest of season so if you can include that part of the deal, all the better. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762284-trade-away-david-johnson-in-keeper-league/
It's a re-draft league and a private league. Our commissioner can put through trades as soon as they are accepted and so there is no 2-day waiting period necessarily. Thanks!

I agree wiht Blazing Saddles completely

Advise Please

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/762335-lost-watson-trade-talk/

Users who are viewing this thread