What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelce/Thompson for McKinnon/Mixon (1 Viewer)

glong989

Footballguy
I have Kelce/Thompson for their McKinnon/Mixon. 

This is 1PPR and 15 rec yds/point.

Lineup is: QB RB RB WR WR W/R/T W/R/T 

My Roster:

Mariota

Thielen, Jeffrey, Hogan, Parker, Nelson, Corey Davis

Ingram, Murray, Thompson, Lynch

Kelce, Olsen

This is a two flex spot league without the requirement to start a TE so Kelce is not as valuable as standard leagues. 

My RB position is thin, especially with all of my byes this week and I am in an almost must win at 3-6 to make our playoffs. 

Thoughts? 

Olsen is expected to return week 12. Without kelce and your on the WW for a TE. you might be able to salvage someone, but i doubt it. if this is not a dynasty or keeper, then hold kelce or shop him for better value. 

Kelce is scoring near the top with wrs and tes, and mckinnon/mixon are weekly question marks. latavious or mckinnon, mixon vs hill vs gio. mixon isnt seeing enough volume or yardage behind that oline. mckinnon would be a nice addition but at a lower price. 

For your roster I dont like the trade. kelce is good enough as it is to be a weekly start for you. I agree you need some depth at rb, but i would be in favor of moving nelson, parker, olsen, and maybe even corey davis before kelce. 

Olsen is expected to return week 12. Without kelce and your on the WW for a TE. you might be able to salvage someone, but i doubt it. if this is not a dynasty or keeper, then hold kelce or shop him for better value. 

Kelce is scoring near the top with wrs and tes, and mckinnon/mixon are weekly question marks. latavious or mckinnon, mixon vs hill vs gio. mixon isnt seeing enough volume or yardage behind that oline. mckinnon would be a nice addition but at a lower price. 

For your roster I dont like the trade. kelce is good enough as it is to be a weekly start for you. I agree you need some depth at rb, but i would be in favor of moving nelson, parker, olsen, and maybe even corey davis before kelce. 
I don't think the bolded is quite true.  McKinnon has been at least a RB2 every week since Cook went down regardless of what Murray has done.  McKinnon has a defined role as the receiving back, 2 minute drill and is getting just as many opportunities in the running game as well.  I think he is a for sure start every week unless his usage changes but since he is being successful it is unlikely to change. 

The key here is that I dont have to start Olsen as we dont have to start a TE. 

I don't see the point. Thompson is better than Mixon in PPR, and Kelce is better than McKinnon. I think you are overrating the no TE requirement. Kelce is probably your #1 WR, and an every week starter. Mixon has shown nothing at all, and Cinci could be falling apart anyway.

I don't see the point. Thompson is better than Mixon in PPR, and Kelce is better than McKinnon. I think you are overrating the no TE requirement. Kelce is probably your #1 WR, and an every week starter. Mixon has shown nothing at all, and Cinci could be falling apart anyway.

This. I need to work on making my point in two lines or less. 

The no TE requirement should not take away from kelce being as good as any of your wrs. Giants, bills, jets, and raiders for the next 4 weeks. Kelce will feast. 

I don't think the bolded is quite true.  McKinnon has been at least a RB2 every week since Cook went down regardless of what Murray has done.  McKinnon has a defined role as the receiving back, 2 minute drill and is getting just as many opportunities in the running game as well.  I think he is a for sure start every week unless his usage changes but since he is being successful it is unlikely to change. 

I am a true believer in mckinnon and mixon. I am trying to stash them right now for next season. My issue is not with either rbs abilities, but their situation compared to kelces. Mckinnon had that down week at the ravens, and an odd week this week against the redskins. Mixon has failed to surpass 70 yards rushing, or more than 11 or 12 touches in the past few weeks. I was overly critical of them above because of the comparison to kelces production/situation. Mckinnon has the QB changes and usage concerns, and the Bengals (while loaded with talent) are still struggling to figure things out. I would keep kelce's security and production, but I am much more of a 'high floor' than ceiling type of manager. 

Users who are viewing this thread