What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Transracial: White to Filipino (1 Viewer)

I'm Transitalian, but only because of the food.  

Actually, if I think about it, I'm Transitaliamexindian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, by the way...

He is also transsexual and is considering changing his gender as well.
Next up... transpecies. Ja Du feels like he is really a female Filipino buffalo born in a white human male's body.

I am as lily white as GM, I would like to exchange a small part of me in order to achieve something that would give me a light tan or at least "neutralize the blue" (GCarlin)

If his parents didnt want him to end up Filipino, they shouldnt have named him Ja Du. 

Ja du du du, Ja da da da, thats all i have to say to you.

I’m of the general mindset that people can do whatever they want as long as it’s not harming anyone/anything, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think something like this is f’ing stupid. 

I'm waiting for all this need to be overly PC to come full circle to where we start respecting the rights/feelings of people actually born a certain way.  I just want to see how they deal with the butt-hurt cycle when, for example, a REAL Filipino is upset that a pseudo-Filipino wants to be Filipino.  Since at that point, you can't downplay anyone's feelings, WTF will we do?!?!

I'm waiting for all this need to be overly PC to come full circle to where we start respecting the rights/feelings of people actually born a certain way.  I just want to see how they deal with the butt-hurt cycle when, for example, a REAL Filipino is upset that a pseudo-Filipino wants to be Filipino.  Since at that point, you can't downplay anyone's feelings, WTF will we do?!?!
We already have this... it's called 'cultural appropriation.' 

We are giving the person the attention they want. This is weird, but I really don't care and it's noting new having people change their cultural identity. 

We are giving the person the attention they want. This is weird, but I really don't care and it's noting new having people change their cultural identity. 
Culture is one thing - race is another. 

I get culture because it's a sociological construct.  You want to suddenly wear dashikis and identify as culturally African American, fine.  That's a lot different than trying to dye your skin and getting a tight perm and claiming you're black.  Race is more biological...like...er....gender.

Culture is one thing - race is another. 

I get culture because it's a sociological construct.  You want to suddenly wear dashikis and identify as culturally African American, fine.  That's a lot different than trying to dye your skin and getting a tight perm and claiming you're black.  Race is more biological...like...er....gender.
From what I can tell, the only change is driving a small purple car. Also race isn't exactly real. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand appreciating a culture, whether one was born into it or not. However, do we really have to start marching down this particular path of strange? 

I can understand appreciating a culture, whether one was born into it or not. However, do we really have to start marching down this particular path of strange? 
Why wouldn't we? We are already letting males with long hair and makeup beat the crap out of woman in MMA... this seems much less strange than that.

In order to convert, we need to confirm a few things. 

Does he:

Sing Karaoke?
Own a rice cooker?
Dance well?
Use a tabo?

If he answers no to any of these, then he is not allowed to be Filipino. 

In order to convert, we need to confirm a few things. 

Does he:

Sing Karaoke?
Own a rice cooker?
Dance well?
Use a tabo?

If he answers no to any of these, then he is not allowed to be Filipino. 
I didn't listen to the audio.  Does he identify as a "Filipino" or a "Pilipino"?

I didn't listen to the audio.  Does he identify as a "Filipino" or a "Pilipino"?
I didn't listen either but I am willing to overlook the accent for now. He should at least be able to mimic it. Pilipinos tend to make their accent thicker when they speak with each other. 

I didn't listen either but I am willing to overlook the accent for now. He should at least be able to mimic it. Pilipinos tend to make their accent thicker when they speak with each other. 
They also kind of sing when they speak... has anyone else noticed that?

sublimeone said:
Brown University to allow students to 'self-identify' as persons of color

This could have a huge impact on affirmative action in college admissions.
Did you read it? It's for graduate students only. They have to choose their race- just like any other application (where anyone is free to self identify however they please). There is just a second option to choose if you want to be considered a POC. It comes after Brown received complaints that Asian students were not being included in POC events, etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread