Sinn Fein

***Official*** 2018 World Cup thread (and Drinking Guide)

9,404 posts in this topic

I'm starting to think that England might not be very good with the exception of set pieces

Well England, take advantage of shots on goal. This could be an epic choke.

I say it every four years, but I really need to give soccer some more of my time.  The emotion of this tournament is really fun.

2 people like this

Brilliant goal. Totally caught the defense sleeping

That was some athletic, coordinated ####.

Posted (edited)

England should have been up 3-0 and are now tied.  Damn.

Edited by AAABatteries
2 people like this

Me: here comes another ####ty cross From vrsllaljako 

Goal

You guys are welcome 

1 person likes this

Oh holy ####.

Posted (edited)

should have been another one. Lucky there

Edited by Redwes25

Holy balls!

That was unbelievably close

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Yankee23Fan said:

I say it every four years, but I really need to give soccer some more of my time.  The emotion of this tournament is really fun.

Forgive me if others have said this, but is it the tourney that gets us excited? Kinda like the NCAA BB Tournament, or The Majors in Golf or playoffs in most other sports?  I don't watch much day to day sports (except NFL) but something about playoffs that makes it more exciting!!

46 minutes away from penalties

1 person likes this

England need a time out :) 

3 people like this

Croatia playing downhill right now. 

Booked a table at the local Brit place for Sunday about 10 minutes before that Croatia goal. It truly knows no bounds. 

5 people like this

Just now, Mr. Ected said:

Forgive me if others have said this, but is it the tourney that gets us excited? Kinda like the NCAA BB Tournament, or The Majors in Golf or playoffs in most other sports?  I don't watch much day to day sports (except NFL) but something about playoffs that makes it more exciting!!

It is hard to replicate knock out games.  Something about win or go home in any sport is awesome.

1 person likes this

Oh no. Sterling out.  The odds of ENG scoring again just went to...ok, they didn’t change at all.

2 people like this

Tired legs for Croatia and here comes Rashford!

5 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

In 2022 you'll get to see how the world handles mass heat stroke.  It should be a sight to see.

5 people like this

Croatia midfield looking like the team that got them there.  They were so flat in the beginning.

21 minutes ago, Sand said:

LOLden Henderson

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

No, I think it's the emotion of soccer.  I used to be the "offsides is so stupid" guy and think that the sport was stupid.  But I got tired of hearing people say that it's boring there are too few shots on goal and the games are 2-1 all the time.  a 14-7 NFL game is a 2-1 game.  Granted not entirely the same but still.... 

The fact that it seems like the shots are all so important and so stressful and so damn skillful to put together..... yeah, I haven't given this game enough love.  Having said all that - the country against country for ultimate bragging rights certainly adds some do or die excitement to it.

2 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Tired legs for Croatia and here comes Rashford!

This could be three straight 120 minute games for them in a short time period.  The legs have to come into play eventually.

1 person likes this

this announcer uses "steer" and "shepherd" as verbs more than anybody should

6 minutes ago, T-shirt Ninja said:

Oh no. Sterling out.  The odds of ENG scoring again just went to...ok, they didn’t change at all.

And Rashford shows his touch and skill right away. Technique will always be Sterling's weakens. 

3 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

No, I think it's the emotion of soccer.  I used to be the "offsides is so stupid" guy and think that the sport was stupid.  But I got tired of hearing people say that it's boring there are too few shots on goal and the games are 2-1 all the time.  a 14-7 NFL game is a 2-1 game.  Granted not entirely the same but still.... 

The fact that it seems like the shots are all so important and so stressful and so damn skillful to put together..... yeah, I haven't given this game enough love.  Having said all that - the country against country for ultimate bragging rights certainly adds some do or die excitement to it.

The fact that it's a global tournament does it for me.  National pride and all that.  

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, The Gator said:

And Rashford shows his touch and skill right away. Technique will always be Sterling's weakens. 

And, in contrast, what really make Mpabbe stand out as a special player.