What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kate Steinle verdict (1 Viewer)

Seems like you use these so much, I'm gonna give you a few more

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Don't spend them all in one place
Thanks...is that a Star Wars picture you have?

why is that? Terrible tragedy that this young girl died, and whomever killed her should be punished. But again the GOP to politicalize someone's death is just wrong....Seth Rich....etc......
Honest question...if they are against sanctuary cities and this case highlights issues with that policy why would they not use this case as it appears to show the downside of that policy?  I don't see how this case compares to something like the Seth Rich conspiracy story...

Honest question...if they are against sanctuary cities and this case highlights issues with that policy why would they not use this case as it appears to show the downside of that policy?  I don't see how this case compares to something like the Seth Rich conspiracy story...
THEY? Fox news is against santucary cities? really....interesting......

I believe they do cater to that audience...just like I believe other networks cater to a crowd that would want this story to go away...don't you?  
A jury found the guy innocent of the charges....guilty of other lesser crimes....im sure he will get deported again...and just come on back.....but I'm sure the wall would stop him

A jury found the guy innocent of the charges....guilty of other lesser crimes....im sure he will get deported again...and just come on back.....but I'm sure the wall would stop him
Not sure why you bring up the wall...it seems off-topic since my question was about sanctuary cities and whether this case should receive coverage or as you say "be politicized by the GOP"...

I can't imagine the pain and suffering this family is going thru...just horrific...out for a walk with her Dad and someone who had no business being out in the general public causes events that leads to her death...I'm sure her family is now comforted by the fact it will now go into the record books as an "accident"...at the least I think there should be some public hearings as to why he was allowed to be exposed to the general public and how and why the officials who made the decision not to hand him over to ICE did so...I think her life should be worth at least that much...
Would her family be feeling better right now if the 12-year-old son of a Daughter of the American Revolution had picked up that gun and the same thing had happened? 

Would her family be feeling better right now if the 12-year-old son of a Daughter of the American Revolution had picked up that gun and the same thing had happened? 
Not sure what that means...are you saying that 12-year was asked to be handed over to the authorities and removed from the streets but wasn't?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, I don't believe that gun was just left lying around for him to find and accidentally discharge.  Remotely possible, of course, but I don't buy it.

Not sure what that means...are you saying that 12-year was asked to be handed over to the authorities and removed from the streets but wasn't?  
I'm saying it certainly wouldn't matter to me who picked up the gun that discharged and killed my daughter.  Whether it was an 10 time deported alien or a member of the DAR, my daughter would still be dead for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when an inch or so either way would have meant the ricochet would have been harmless. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter to her family either.

Not sure why you bring up the wall...it seems off-topic since my question was about sanctuary cities and whether this case should receive coverage or as you say "be politicized by the GOP"...
guess you didn't watch fox news last night.....using this girls death to bring up the wall...to be honest I'm all for getting illegals out of the country. 

I'm saying it certainly wouldn't matter to me who picked up the gun that discharged and killed my daughter.  Whether it was an 10 time deported alien or a member of the DAR, my daughter would still be dead for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, when an inch or so either way would have meant the ricochet would have been harmless. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter to her family either.
I guess I differ from you...I would be more upset/disappointed in the powers-that-be if the person responsible for it was someone authorities wanted off the streets because they deemed him a threat while others felt he was not a threat to society...I don't think that is an outlandish position...this was not someone with a squeaky clean background who deserved the benefit of the doubt which is why no one should be shocked that despite being a felon he was in position of a firearm...this "accident" should have never happened...it was very preventable...

can you site and example of say CNN or MSNBC exploiting someone's death? I'm all ears....
This is from CNN with an example of someone from MSNBC...it involves another high profile case like this one...I would also throw out in a more general sense that reporting that Michael Brown said “hands up, don’t shoot” was reckless by the media and done by some because it fit their narrative...again, my point is both sides of the aisle engage in this nonsense...I am not here to defend Fox...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/opinion/bennett-trayvon-martin/index.html

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I’m a big fan of the ellipses...

This is from CNN with an example of someone from MSNBC...it involves another high profile case like this one...I would also throw out in a more general sense that reporting that Michael Brown said “hands up, don’t shoot” was reckless by the media and done by some because it fit their narrative...again, my point is both sides of the aisle engage in this nonsense...I am not here to defend Fox...

I'm sorry I don't see this as pushing some liberal agenda....maybe I'm dumb ....care to explain further what is going on? what is the end benefit?

I'm sorry I don't see this as pushing some liberal agenda....maybe I'm dumb ....care to explain further what is going on? what is the end benefit?
I really don't...no need to continue...you asked for an example...I gave it...time to move on...

It was at the old Spaghetti Western in the Lower Haight when I argued with the guy lol. 

This is how crazy SF politics were then during that mayoral race: 

Gonzalez was not as progressive as Tom Ammiano, and Gonzalez's districts he won were the Haight and I think the Hayes Valley district. Ammiano of course had the Castro. Gonzalez courted the "bohemian vote" then, but the bohemian's then didn't have money. We we then being forced out of the Mission. 

Forget her first name, but Lee (Asian woman, conservative - yes SF in the districts of Richmond and the Sunset are conservative. especially affluent Asians) had those districts but lost I think at least one. 
SF Board of Supervisors didn't have district elections from 1980-2000.   Supes were elected on a city-wide basis.  The law was changed in part as a reaction to the district elections in 1977 that seated Harvey Milk and Dan White.

SF politics always attracts an odd set of ambitious politicos but the at-large elections produced a relatively centrist set of hacks that didn't please either the West of Twin Peaks homeowners or the various lefty factions.

Spaghetti Western is now a BBQ place called Memphis Minnie's.

And did the media ever retract "hands up don't shoot?"

Eephus said:
SF Board of Supervisors didn't have district elections from 1980-2000.   Supes were elected on a city-wide basis.  The law was changed in part as a reaction to the district elections in 1977 that seated Harvey Milk and Dan White.

SF politics always attracts an odd set of ambitious politicos but the at-large elections produced a relatively centrist set of hacks that didn't please either the West of Twin Peaks homeowners or the various lefty factions.

Spaghetti Western is now a BBQ place called Memphis Minnie's.
Yeah that's correct. I was recalling what the SF Chronicle showed who voted who in what districts

Eephus said:
“The Mayor of Castro Street” does a pretty good job of covering SF politics in the 70s.  Interesting for sure.

Yep you got nothing on the scale of what fox news is doing....which is basically a Trump propaganda news network
I think most reasonable people dont argue this. I dont even know what they were talking about but i could see it at the gym the other day a banner at the bottom of the screen that said "CNN Crybabies". Safe to say CNN would never do the same thing to fox news.

This is how this discussion goes every time. Point out a bias, other side points out a bigger bias and thinks that makes the other bias okedoke and is dismissive of the person that brought up the bias.

It exists. It is easy to see. It is human nature. Reporters used to be better about these things, but these days they simply often dont have enough time in the never ending race to be first with the news. So when a reporter gets information that fits their world view, it doesnt occur to them to maybe scrub it a little better as opposed to somebody with the opposite view that would be skeptical. 

Hands up, dont shoot fit what many liberals on this board even argue is happening. You know, rogue cops just murdering people and getting paid leave for it. So if you already think that is happening, and get info it happened, and know that the people reading your story think it happened, you are likely going to write it. Doesnt make them evil. Just makes them human in a fast paced gig.

It is possible to actually discuss things based on their deserved level of dislike. Pointing out fox news is worse, doesnt just end the discussion. 

overrated in my opinion take that to the bank bromigos 

Kate Steinle case: Appeals court overturns gun conviction of Jose Inez Garcia Zarate

The state’s First District Court of Appeal reversed the November 2017 verdict that found Jose Inez Garcia Zarate guilty of the lone charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Garcia Zarate, 46, was acquitted of homicide charges in the Steinle case that touched off a furor about immigration and sanctuary laws.

Garcia Zarate remains in custody after being indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition and being an undocumented immigrant in possession of a firearm and ammunition. He already had enough credits for time served to cover his sentence of the state gun charge.

This paragraph disgusts me.

Before the incident, Garcia Zarate was released from federal prison in Southern California on a conviction of felony re-entry into the country. He was on track for a sixth deportation but was instead brought to San Francisco to face a 20-year-old warrant for a possession of marijuana charge, which was immediately dismissed. He was released in April 2015 under the city’s sanctuary policy — which limits local law enforcement’s cooperation with federal immigration officials.

Users who are viewing this thread