What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need gift idea for gay couple (1 Viewer)

Arizona Ron

Footballguy
Backstory:  

There's a bar I like to go to after work, it has the usual happy hour crowd.  Mostly IT contractors and sales types. I consider most of them "friends" but I really only see them at the bar.  Anyway, a few years ago when one of the bar regulars, openly gay dude - like 90s openly gay (i.e. fabulous) was getting married and ran into a little money trouble. Him and his other half went a bit overboard on the wedding (shocker) and wasn't ready to put down the required 50%, 6 months before the wedding date.  He got a 401k loan in a panic but the money was taking a little longer to come in than he thought.  He had a down payments coming up that needed to get made or they would lose their reservation at the catering place.  He was already late on the 50% payment but the catering place was trying to work with him but said they needed it that Friday (it was Monday or Tuesday, can't remember) or they had to cancel the reservation.  He's all bent up about it so I said I'll float him if he could back up the story.  He logged into his 401k right at the bar and showed me the loan paperwork as well as the catering contract, etc.  I loaned him the 20k that he promptly paid back once his loan came in a few weeks later.

Ever since then he's referred to me as the guy that "saved his marriage".  Him and his significant other send my wife and I gifts/cards for no lie, EVERY holiday.  I just send them something on Christmas.

They both have a good sense of humor, so last year I sent them His and His #### rings as a gift.

What should I send them this year?

Hey, can you float me 25 K till my lump some Nigerian lotto payment arrives...I’ll forward 

you the email and all the appropriate paperwork involved....TIA. :thumbup:

In all seriousness I'd go with a bottle of booze. It's always appreciated, they'll think of you when they drink it and you can go cheap or expensive.

Since Michael and the 55 gallon drum of lube are taken, I'l say Michael AND the 55 gallon drum of lube.  Don't be chintzy. 

since they're your gay friends, give them gay stuff. the gays love gay stuff.

highlights magazine reference.

Users who are viewing this thread