What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are we trusting Olsen (1 Viewer)

In my 12 team, 2 TE league, I have no choice. It's him, or picking up Marcedes Lewis against the Seahawks. So I'm rolling with Olsen out of pure necessity. I tried to pick up Burton in case Ertz sits, but I didn't get him. I would expect Olsen to be limited and make a minimal impact. He had soreness Week 12, sat out Week 13, and this is going to be his first game action since then. I would imagine the team would take it slow so not to aggravate the injury.

In my 12 team, 2 TE league, I have no choice. It's him, or picking up Marcedes Lewis against the Seahawks. So I'm rolling with Olsen out of pure necessity. I tried to pick up Burton in case Ertz sits, but I didn't get him. I would expect Olsen to be limited and make a minimal impact. He had soreness Week 12, sat out Week 13, and this is going to be his first game action since then. I would imagine the team would take it slow so not to aggravate the injury.
According to Rivera, Olsen won’t be limited this week. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4190/greg-olsen

Starting him over Seals Jones in one league. Sitting for Engram in another. 
You might re-think sitting him for Engram. With nothing to play for, the Giants benched their starting QB this week. Giving the young guys a chance, I suppose.

Starting Olsen over Seals-Jones because Ricky still only played 23 out of 52 snaps last week and the week before. 

Starting Olsen over Vernon Davis because Davis now shares targets with Niles and I am still bitter over the Goose-Egg I got in Week #12.

We drafted Olsen to be a Top #5 TE and we have held him this long for a mighty return in the 1st Round of the fantasy playoffs. I just sold myself on Olsen! 

I had a choice between Olsen and Stephen Anderson this week on the waiver wire with Gronk suspended.  I went with Anderson.

J R said:
You might re-think sitting him for Engram. With nothing to play for, the Giants benched their starting QB this week. Giving the young guys a chance, I suppose.
Last I read (about a half hour ago) said Eli was reinstated as starting QB.

Per the Giants Twitter

Is there something you saw that said Geno/Webb were going to be starting?

I gotta see him produce first.  He didn't do anything before injury.  Starting Doyle too.

J R said:
You realize Engram just had the best game of his career with Geno Smith starting, right? 

Greg Olsen - TE - Panthers

Greg Olsen (foot) is practicing on Thursday.

Olsen got in a full practice on Wednesday and will play against the Vikings barring a setback. Still, he is a risky fantasy option in a tough matchup.

Source: ESPN

Dec 7 - 11:36 AM

We drafted Olsen to be a Top #5 TE and we have held him this long for a mighty return in the 1st Round of the fantasy playoffs. I just sold myself on Olsen! 
Ive convinced myself of the same exact thing. 

Currently have Olsen slotted in over Doyle. For now.

His movement in pregame warm-ups will be a big determining factor in my decision. Silver lining that they’re both 1:00 games. 

Super risky.  Against a good def and Cam has not exactly been lighting it up.  I wouldn't start him

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive convinced myself of the same exact thing. 

Currently have Olsen slotted in over Doyle. For now.

His movement in pregame warm-ups will be a big determining factor in my decision. Silver lining that they’re both 1:00 games. 
FYI, I posed the exact same question to Mr. Bloom and he also chose Olsen.

Not sure I'm convinced either...

Gronk just lit up the Bills for 9/145 last week. Obviously that's Gronk and don't want to overthink things but I'm wondering if the Pats exposed a weakness that Indy can piggyback off of. Doyle is not a chump.

ETA:  Rhodes on Funchess so good for Olsen

Starting Olsen over Seals-Jones because Ricky still only played 23 out of 52 snaps last week and the week before. 

Starting Olsen over Vernon Davis because Davis now shares targets with Niles and I am still bitter over the Goose-Egg I got in Week #12.

RSJ is a WR converted to TE, so the snap count is a reflection of his blocking skills - not his utilization, which the only thing most of us should be concerned about.

5-6-5 targets, 22-23-21 snap counts.

Users who are viewing this thread