What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Olsen owners - what's your plan moving forward (1 Viewer)

red

Footballguy
I picked up Olsen a couple of weeks back for a strong playoff run. Two games in, he's been a total dud. I can accept that the first game he would be limited and the second one a tough matchup vs Minny def, but not even 1 reception!!

His schedule is sweet with two home games vs. GB then TB. So, are you rolling with him or looking for desperation WW options (of the likes of Hooper). Seems like the remaining TEs have a floor of 2-3 points which also approximates their ceiling while Olsen's floor (zero) is balanced by a higher ceiling (8-12).  Roll of the dice either way I suppose...

Have Ertz. Will be cutting him most likely for Burton and roll with the Philly guy. Would like to hold him to keep him from showing up on another roster but have small bench. 

I will be cutting him this week.  I had hoped he would look better following a week of full practices.  But this far removed from the injury, I don't expect great improvement for the foot in the next two weeks.  Not sure who to pick up - last week was a real crap shoot at the TE position.  I'm just streaming now I think.

Same here =  stashed him 5 weeks ago hoping to flex him come playoff time.  Have J Graham as primary TE...  Have to bench until some production.

red said:
I picked up Olsen a couple of weeks back for a strong playoff run. Two games in, he's been a total dud. I can accept that the first game he would be limited and the second one a tough matchup vs Minny def, but not even 1 reception!!

His schedule is sweet with two home games vs. GB then TB. So, are you rolling with him or looking for desperation WW options (of the likes of Hooper). Seems like the remaining TEs have a floor of 2-3 points which also approximates their ceiling while Olsen's floor (zero) is balanced by a higher ceiling (8-12).  Roll of the dice either way I suppose...
Did you know that the Packers and Bucs are in the bottom 5 in fantasy points allowed to TEs? 

I'm dropping him without a doubt. It's also helpful that I have Gronk and Kelce in my 2 TE league, but I would be dumping him regardless. He wasn't off to a hot start early on in the season, has had 1 setback from the injury, and then played nearly the entire game with only 1 target. It's not as if it were a low scoring affair dominated by the ground games.

Now he's home, which is good, but these are 2 very bad matchups for him. Me dropping him means he will be dynamite though (see: Robby Anderson, Rex Burkhead, Alex Collins)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have jack doyle and will most likely drop this week. Been holding him for 5 weeks, but it doesn’t seem to be happening this year.

Wow can’t believe I held him 8 weeks - original owner dropped him in a bye week squeeze. Started him only Week 12 (my 2nd highest score of the season so NBD he had his setback.) 

At this point I have zero fear he’ll get picked up & used. Dropping him for a handcuff or perhaps random TE streamer of the week.

Greg Olsen played 59-of-64 (92 percent) snaps Week 14 against the Vikings.

Olsen briefly left after getting his surgically-repaired foot rolled up, but he only ended up missing a few snaps. The snap share is good to see, but Olsen was only targeted once in the win and did not come down with the pass. Coach Ron Rivera said after the game Olsen's "role will expand," but it will be tough to trust him as a starting option in the fantasy semifinals
fools gold perhaps, but maybe game flow led to his lack of targets and coaching staff wanting to get him more involved means good things...

Started Stephen Anderson over him this week and frankly Im fed up with streaming TEs at this point. I didn't draft Olsen in the 4th round and waste a bench spot on him all year to not start him in the playoffs. After 92% snap count vs MIN I have to think that should only go up and the targets will come. The ball is in your court Olsen now go out there and win me a championship.

I’ve held on all year.  For us dynasty owners the silver lining is that this was basically one less year of wear on his tires.  

I have jack doyle and will most likely drop this week. Been holding him for 5 weeks, but it doesn’t seem to be happening this year.
Ditto.  I have Doyle and if there is anyone decent on the wire this week Olsen will be the guy I dump.

I am rolling out Jesse James vs. NE in hopes that he could see garbage dump down targets. Also keeping my eye on Vance McDonald status in order to feel like James is an even safer play. ASJ is no longer trust worthy and Olsen, while may come up with a solid performance needs to show it first. I will hold and see but will not start Olsen.

I’ve got Brate  :X  & Olsen. Of the two, Olsen played 90+% of the snaps and IMO has a 50-50 shot at a TD. 

So I'm on the TD or bust train. Might get 3-4 catches for 40? I’ll take it. 

I’ve got Brate  :X  & Olsen. Of the two, Olsen played 90+% of the snaps and IMO has a 50-50 shot at a TD. 

So I'm on the TD or bust train. Might get 3-4 catches for 40? I’ll take it. 
Brate got dropped for Howard weeks ago. Nobody even picked him up after his 2-catch, 2-TD game in Winston’s return.

I’ve got the highest scoring team in the league with Olsen & RSJ as my options. I’ve started 5 TEs this year. In the 8 weeks I carried two TEs, I picked the wrong one 7 times. 87 points in 14 weeks. It’s full PPR. My backups have scored 102 in 8 weeks.

:lol:

Provably gonna drop both & throw a dart.

Did you know that the Packers and Bucs are in the bottom 5 in fantasy points allowed to TEs? 

I'm dropping him without a doubt. It's also helpful that I have Gronk and Kelce in my 2 TE league, but I would be dumping him regardless. He wasn't off to a hot start early on in the season, has had 1 setback from the injury, and then played nearly the entire game with only 1 target. It's not as if it were a low scoring affair dominated by the ground games.

Now he's home, which is good, but these are 2 very bad matchups for him. Me dropping him means he will be dynamite though (see: Robby Anderson, Rex Burkhead, Alex Collins)
And the guy I'm playing in the playoffs just picked him up. So either this is great for me as Olsen is going to put up another dud, or I dropped him 1 week too soon, like I did with those 3 other players mentioned.

Still carrying him after I said I would drop him.  Hoping he comes on strong this week and then maybe I start in the finals, once I win semis.

kind of feels like chasing points but jesse james is an interesting flyer this week.  wouldn't mind getting a piece of that potential shootout

Just plucked Ebron off the wire. So Olsen takes a seat for me.

i have Tate/MJones and really don’t want all my eggs in one Detroit basket, but EE seems more likely to give me something.

Might use Olden for week 16 if I win. 

Just plucked Enron off the wire. So Olsen takes a seat for me.

i have Tate/MJones and really don’t want all my eggs in one Detroit basket, but EE seems more likely to give me something.

Might use Olden for week 16 if I win. 
What’s wrong with your thumbs?

Cut Olsen, letting my cat choose between RSJ & Shaheen.

I wish that was shtick.

What’s wrong with your thumbs?

Cut Olsen, letting my cat choose between RSJ & Shaheen.

I wish that was shtick.
Autocorrect wanted me to pick up an energy company. :rolleyes:  

Good luck with your #####. 

ETA - I was talking about his cat, swear filter! Sheesh; you’ve got a dirty mind, er, circuitboard. :doh:  

Starting to wArm up to Olsen this week. Got in a full practice with no issues. Panthers have a lot to play for. 

Green Bay ranks 31st (2nd fewest) in FFPA to TEs.

Carolina ranks 32nd (DFL) in FFP by TEs.

Seems like the perfect storm, start him with confidence!

Three straight full practices this week - that's a good sign.  But he also had three straight full practices last week and we saw what he did.  

Packers DST is strong against TE but awful against WR.  But Panthers really have only Funchess at WR (although McCaffery will also soak up targets), so who know how many targets get to Olsen any way.

My other options on the WW include Eric Ebron (but Lions missing their starting Center and starting OT - so might mean more blocking from the TE position), Vernon Davis (has stunk lately), Charles Clay (been hobbled since coming back from injury, but Matthews is on IR and Kelvin Benjamin is also hobbled), Stephen Anderson, Ben Watson.  A whole bunch of meh.  

Maybe I should let the cat decide this week.

We have crap besides him but I just can't justify it after a goose egg last week. Now, if rivers comes out on Saturday night and goes ape#### (putting us behind the 8 ball and chasing upside) maybe we consider making the move.

He just hasn't looked good to me since coming back. I figured he'd be able to stumble down the field like old man witten and still catch 5 or 6 balls but that hasn't been the case

OK, Devin Funchess Questionable with shoulder - was a DNP on Friday.  If he is out does that bump up Olsen?  Or now is Olsen triple covered?

Heck yes I'm grasping - I got a playoff game this week and all my TE options stink!
Everybody, right?

Of the top ten TEs in our league, only Ertz is in the semis. The other two teams are starting Henry and Howard. I’m choosing between RSJ, Shaheen, James, Lewis, Njoku, Watson...

In the end it likely doesn’t matter. I got 7.20 points or less from TE ten times. I went 8-2 those weeks - and 6-1 with 3.0 or less points. In the weeks I got double digits, 2-2. 

There are nine or ten input points and one guy is not the reason you win or lose. I have a strong team, it was just a weird year for TEs, with only a handful of useful plug n plays.

Living The Stream Podcast - which might be the only pod devoted to discussing crappy players every week - says Ben Watson.

Because he went 8/8-91 v. the Browns in the first matchup. Three months ago.

That’s all I got, I’m out.

You're welcome.

Best part is that my opponent picked him up and used him against me to knock me out of the playoffs.

Held onto him and benched him in 1 league. Didn't hurt me so I'll start him in the finals

The Olsen owner in my other league dropped him, so if I make the finals (50/50 at this point) I'll make a claim. Guessing I won't get him though, as I'll have last priority. Hate that my opponent will get an impact guy for free so late in the game. I didn't make a claim this past week because I already have Graham and engram

I had Rudolph and Olsen this week, so I picked up Ebron and started him on Saturday (before the Rudolph news). Worked out well enough. Next week, after losing Marqise Lee, I may end up starting both Rudolph and Olsen: I don't have great WR options.

Living The Stream Podcast - which might be the only pod devoted to discussing crappy players every week - says Ben Watson.

Because he went 8/8-91 v. the Browns in the first matchup. Three months ago.

That’s all I got, I’m out.
So I dropped Olsen (27.60, full PPR + bonuses) for Watson (17.40.)

Then started RSJ (3.10.)

:lol:

Didn’t matter, got smoked by his Gurley v. my Bell. L is an L, whether it’s by 50 or 25 is irrelevant.

Points title paid for my fee, can earn a little more next week for 3rd. Don’t care - feels like a wasted year when you don’t win a title. Rationally I know the season is more skill and the playoffs more luck. Man I hate to lose.

What do we think this week?

I was dumbfounded to see he only had 38 total yards in 3 games coming into last weeks contest, then went off for a 100 + and a TD.

Now what? He looks good. I think he will be an integral part again this week?

Glad I put Rudolph to the bench and starting Olsen. Rode Rudolph the last several weeks, got off just in time. Have something to look forward too with Olsen now! I liked the chemistry last week. Panthers playing well right now on both sides of the ball.

Most sites have him top 5 this week. Let's Go!

Benched Brate, Clay & Eric Ebron for Olson. 

Also picked up Gates and benched him (my opponent is desperate at TE & I didn’t wanna risk it) 

so my final roster has 5 TE. lol

hey, desperate times call for desperate tight end hoarding measures, right?  :unsure:

Good luck to all of us today - pretty sure a high % of us in here picked up & stashed Olson. To those who drafted the guy & held, kudos & I hope you’re richly rewarded. For those who dropped him, thank you. :)  

Benched Brate, Clay & Eric Ebron for Olson. 

Also picked up Gates and benched him (my opponent is desperate at TE & I didn’t wanna risk it) 

so my final roster has 5 TE. lol

hey, desperate times call for desperate tight end hoarding measures, right?  :unsure:

Good luck to all of us today - pretty sure a high % of us in here picked up & stashed Olson. To those who drafted the guy & held, kudos & I hope you’re richly rewarded. For those who dropped him, thank you. :)  
Okay Hot Sauce, we're on the same page. Now for the rest of the team members. I also started MIN D with hope and the shut out really helped. Kickers matter too! That's another thread though. Best of success!

Okay Hot Sauce, we're on the same page. Now for the rest of the team members. I also started MIN D with hope and the shut out really helped. Kickers matter too! That's another thread though. Best of success!
I too started Minny D, and got a fat 20 points for it. The shutout isn’t worth as much as it should be in my D/ST league. 

As for K, Elliott has been my pony all year and he owes me some prime time love.

also like having the last player of the week in my matchup, even if it is a kicker.

;)  

Users who are viewing this thread