What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Actress, Unobscene (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Yes, even the word actress these days may be passe, but who is your favorite? 

I'm going with Jennifer Jason Leigh, who never takes a role and mucks it up. I just watched The Spectacular Now again and she steals every scene. Hudsucker Proxy was also perfect. Such range. 

Stud.   :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg bookended a storied career with the luscious Emma Peel/feisty Olenna Tyrell - plus, she's British - which goes a looooong way in capturing my fancy ??

see, also:

Knightley, Keira

Bonham-Carter, Helena

Mirren, Helen

Since i'm an ol' fart, i'm seldom prone to recency bias, but our li'l JLaw is on the brink of being the best there ever was. I've always leaned toward screen actors who generate their own light (Vanessa Redgrave, Audrey Hepburn, Marion Cotillard) but have a deep appreciation for for the ones who can lose themselves, go there, make a thousand choices at the drop of a hat, uncover dat #### (Streep, Blanchett, Emma Thompson). JLaw is the first i've seen capable of winning on both counts and, lucky for us, she's the biggest star in the world right now.

Jennifer Jason Leigh very cool choice, btw OP - right up there on all counts except for star power

She hasn’t hasn’t been in much and isn’t a huge name but Carrie Coon in The Leftovers (HBO) is probably the best acting I can remember. Really strong performance. 

I'm going with Jennifer Jason Leigh, who never takes a role and mucks it up. I just watched The Spectacular Now again and she steals every scene. Hudsucker Proxy was also perfect. Such range. 

She was my 1st choice and didn't think anyone else would mention her. My 2nd fav is Ingrid Bergman.

Since i'm an ol' fart, i'm seldom prone to recency bias, but our li'l JLaw is on the brink of being the best there ever was. I've always leaned toward screen actors who generate their own light (Vanessa Redgrave, Audrey Hepburn, Marion Cotillard) but have a deep appreciation for for the ones who can lose themselves, go there, make a thousand choices at the drop of a hat, uncover dat #### (Streep, Blanchett, Emma Thompson). JLaw is the first i've seen capable of winning on both counts and, lucky for us, she's the biggest star in the world right now.

Jennifer Jason Leigh very cool choice, btw OP - right up there on all counts except for star power
Thanks. Audrey Hepburn in Charade and Meryl Streep in Silkwood deserve mention alone. And Marion Cotillard as Edith Piaf is something I'd pay to see, actually. I just never got around to it.  

Jennifer Lawrence is special. Her performance in Silver Linings Playbook held her own with De Niro and Cooper. I haven't watched the Hunger Games trilogy, but I'm also sure it's better for having her in it.  

Thanks. Audrey Hepburn in Charade and Meryl Streep in Silkwood deserve mention alone. And Marion Cotillard as Edith Piaf is something I'd pay to see, actually. I just never got around to it.  

Jennifer Lawrence is special. Her performance in Silver Linings Playbook held her own with De Niro and Cooper. I haven't watched the Hunger Games trilogy, but I'm also sure it's better for having her in it.  
Yep. She's pretty much the only reason to watch. Woody is okay for an alcoholic but Jennifer is awesome.

She's great in passengers with Pratt, even if there movie overall was disappointing.

I could be wrong, but I thought Jude Law was a dude.

ETA... But yeah, thought he was pretty auspiciously amazing in Winter's Bone.

Can't think of any bad Rachel Weisz performances off hand. Helena Bonham Carter too. Big Laura Linney fan as well.

Jessica Chastain is truly excellent lately on film.  The SW gals, Felicity Jones and Daisy Ridley, as well. 

On TV, Melissa Benoist.  

I think Rooney Mara is really good
Ooh - good one here along with most others mentioned.  

One that I look for now is Brie Larson.  Since I saw Short Term 12, I have been a fan.   A couple other newer ones are Elizabeth Olsen and Brit Marling. Rarely do I not like a movie they are in, or their performance in it.  

Also agree about Jennifer Lawrence - one of the best working today.  

She's been debated in other threads, but when she is on, I also love Amy Adams (The Master, Doubt, Arrival, The Fighter, etc..)

One that I look cheap or now is Brie Larson.  Since I saw Short Term 12, I have been a fan.   A couple other newer ones are Elizabeth Olsen and Brit Marling. Rarely do I not like a movie they are in, or their performance in it.  
Larson was also in The Spectacular Now. It's a great movie if you haven't seen it.  

One that I look for now is Brie Larson.  Since I saw Short Term 12, I have been a fan.   A couple other newer ones are Elizabeth Olsen and Brit Marling. Rarely do I not like a movie they are in, or their performance in it.  
Good call on these three.  Marling is also really, really sharp and an excellent writer.  

Watch Atypical on Netflix

Katharine Hepburn past 

Jenifer Lawrence present 

Just now thinking about how polar opposite they are 

I love Maggie Smith, but gotta go with Jodie Foster as my favorite.  She's the actress I get most excited hearing that they're involved in a movie.  Zoe Kravitz is growing on me.

Users who are viewing this thread