Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mister CIA

***Official*** Beto O'Rourke Thread

Digging this guy, what little I know, and surely he will receive a few $27 donations from me in the near future; and, I boldly predict this thread will reach 100,000 views.

His candidacy to oust Cruz this year is THE pivot point for the Democratic party - the 800 pound gorilla in the coal mine, if you will. Don't #### this up Perez, you goofball. This is the new blood you need.

#### draining the swamps, let's kill some rats!

*** - The usual "not a Democrat" disclaimer applies; I'm a WTF-ican.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Josie Maran said:

His name sounds like the punch line of a joke...something about a girl that only sleeps with Irish Mexicans.

I love Irish-Mexican ladies.

ETA: Bumping thread view estimate to 1,000,000.

Edited by Mister CIA
  • Like 2

If you could link to some provocative yet SFW images of Irish-Mexican ladies, it wouldn't hurt your point. Just sayin'.... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Digging this guy, what little I know, and surely he will receive a few $27 donations from me in the near future; and, I boldly predict this thread will reach 100,000 views.

His candidacy to oust Cruz this year is THE pivot point for the Democratic party - the 800 pound gorilla in the coal mine, if you will. Don't #### this up Perez, you goofball. This is the new blood you need.

#### draining the swamps, let's kill some rats!

*** - The usual "not a Democrat" disclaimer applies; I'm a WTF-ican.

I realize that as a native of WTF-Rico you may be ESL, but I don’t think they use 800 lb gorillas in coal mines. 

11 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

If you could link to some provocative yet SFW images of Irish-Mexican ladies, it wouldn't hurt your point. Just sayin'.... 

Triple Dog Dare, staring you down.

9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I realize that as a native of WTF-Rico you may be ESL, but I don’t think they use 800 lb gorillas in coal mines. 

Take your mexed metaphors elsewhere, Vato.

• Like 4

I came in here thinking that somehow this name was somehow included in a line in Jay-Z's Hola Hovito and I've left even more impressed. 

This really does come straight from What The ####istan. 

ETA* Wait, this is a guy?! I was promised Mexican-Irish women and I get a guy named Beh-to with graying hair? Ay de mi! I've been gypped by the 800 pound canaries in the hand instead of the bush.  

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

Alright everyone, lets go with hot brunettes. BRING IT!

But back to the central topic, Beto has got it. He's a walking, talking Bernie, minus the old age; and, he's a political ham which I love. He's playing Podunk, TX with exuberance. 

If Beto cannot beat Ted Cruz, I'm gonna pour my 401k into a tiny house, mason jars, and guns. 

12 hours ago, rockaction said:

I came in here thinking that somehow this name was somehow included in a line in Jay-Z's Hola Hovito and I've left even more impressed. 

ETA* Wait, this is a guy?! I was promised Mexican-Irish women and I get a guy named Beh-to with graying hair? Ay de mi! I've been gypped by the 800 pound canaries in the hand instead of the bush.  

POTUS?

11 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Much, much better. That's Beto in the suit?  

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Much, much better. That's Beto in the suit?  

I think he's the "lead" singer in the nearly-beige t-shirt.

Okay, so I watched Beto get interviewed. He's really just Sanders but younger and in a suit. Can't support.  

1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

But back to the central topic, Beto has got it. He's a walking, talking Bernie, minus the old age; and, he's a political ham which I love. He's playing Podunk, TX with exuberance. 

If Beto cannot beat Ted Cruz, I'm gonna pour my 401k into a tiny house, mason jars, and guns. 

Are the mason jars for canning your own food, drinking moonshine, or for your own waste during the apocalypse?

Very important to see where I side in this thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Are the mason jars for canning your own food, drinking moonshine, or for your own waste during the apocalypse?

Very important to see where I side in this thread. 

Yes, in that exact order.

2 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Yes, in that exact order.

I would have put moonshine first.  But I’ll allow it. 

pretty big uphill battle, but I like him.

that said, I’d choose a tapeworm over lyin’ ted.

24 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Okay, so I watched Beto get interviewed. He's really just Sanders but younger and in a suit. Can't support.  

wow did you miss that.

1 minute ago, joffer said:

wow did you miss that.

I heard start talking about free tuition and tuned out. Yes, Senator Sanders...Yes Senator Sanders...

He politicking 

8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I heard start talking about free tuition and tuned out.

I’m shocked

Just now, joffer said:

I’m shocked

You are not.  

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You are not.  

Nothing gets by you

10 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

Furs, guns and steaks made America great

On 1/11/2018 at 11:22 PM, Henry Ford said:

What, you don't remember the song "Big, Bad Kong"?

8 hours ago, joffer said:

Obviously wouldn't bet on it because, Texas.  But I don't think Cruz is immune from a surprise loss -- he's a shifty weasel and everyone knows it.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

I still think it's too early for a Dem to win a Senate seat there but the Texas governor is a little worried about trends he's seeing.

There's no reason that this state has to stay red forever. And every reason that it won't.

Compared to the first six days of early voting in 2014, Democratic turnout has increased by 69 percent, according to the Dallas newspaper. Republican turnout has increased by 20 percent.

Early voting for the March primaries in Texas is more than halfway over and already more than 151,000 Democrats have turned out to vote, compared to 135,000 Republicans.

Texas Democrats have already surpassed early voting totals for the 2016 elections.

- O'Rourke also doing relatively well in fundraising.

55 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The 47% of the electorate who are Republican account for 61% of the vote in Texas but I don't think that kind of overachievement can be maintained forever. The flip side of the coin, however, is whether Dems can keep Hispanics and domestic immigrants from flipping to red. Not a slam dunk, imo. Hispanics aren't necessarily a liberal bunch to begin with and the GOP won't always have an unapologetic bigot in the White House. But the general tide will probably be a familiar one -- Texas will stay red but the party as a whole will have a more moderate lean.

CNN projection changed Cruz’s seat from solid R to likely R.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, rockaction said:

I believe the expression you were going for was 800 proud canaries in the hand instead of the tush.

49 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I saw this. Not sure how accurate Quinnipiac polls are. But Beto also has raised more money that Cruz. I'm still doubtful he can get it done - but I'm starting to get a little tiny bit excited.

Yeah just cautious optimism at this point.  GOP hasn’t really released the hounds on him yet.  I will say, his travel schedule is amazing. He seems to be on the road in TX 7 days a week.  At the end of the day, the one thing that gives me hope is the polar opposites in their personalities and likeability.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whoknew said:

November

Oh, I thought there was a special one coming up or something.

Wake me up in October, Cruz is toast.

• Like 1

Have to like these numbers - 

Link

Senator Ted Cruz leads El Paso Congressman Beto O'Rourke by five points in the race for Texas' Senate seat, the latest University of Texas and Texas Tribune poll finds.

Cruz holds 41 percent of the vote while O'Rourke holds 36 percent, a U.S. Senate trial ballot that surveyed 1,200 registered voters from June 8 to June 17 found.

Seventeen percent of those surveyed had no opinion.

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Have to like these numbers - 

Link

Senator Ted Cruz leads El Paso Congressman Beto O'Rourke by five points in the race for Texas' Senate seat, the latest University of Texas and Texas Tribune poll finds.

Cruz holds 41 percent of the vote while O'Rourke holds 36 percent, a U.S. Senate trial ballot that surveyed 1,200 registered voters from June 8 to June 17 found.

Seventeen percent of those surveyed had no opinion.

I’m more encouraged that TX attorney general is a dead heat.  Ken Paxton is the 2nd worst (behind Patrick - Lt. gov)

• Like 2