What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Championship - Patriots Hold Off Jags (1 Viewer)

Petey is better known as Laser Show or Muddy Chicken. The first one wouldn't fit Hoyer, but the second one might.
during the world series broadcast, commentator said he's affectionately known in the dugout as "pequeño pony" ... or "little pony" ... (or something to that effect).

All along it was Ortiz who gave the commentator bad info prior to game time all for the sake of a laugh. It worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down to 2.75 to 1 for JAX ML, and JAX +3.5 is off the board (paid 2-to-1 30 mins ago)
Line dropped to NE -7.5.. down from a high of -9.5, and it had settled at -9. 
Brady just bringing the line down a bit before Guerrerro hits the books hard.  No way in Hades he sits.  Nothing to see here. 

Yep, this is nothing.  If Brady had a legit injury, do we really think the ultra protective Patriots would tell us that?  

Are you implying the patriots HAVE told us anything?
Don't be cute; you know what I mean. 

My gut tells me that if Tom Brady was hurt, they would do everything in their power to not let it get out.  And then Belichick would put him and 44 other players on the injury report with an "upper body injury." 

Don't be cute; you know what I mean. 

My gut tells me that if Tom Brady was hurt, they would do everything in their power to not let it get out.  And then Belichick would put him and 44 other players on the injury report with an "upper body injury." 
Not sure how they’d hide Brady not participating in practice? 

That can be explained in about 391 different ways without the specific injury being revealed. 
Nobody is implying specifics on the injury… Just that he is injured… Since there are so many ways… Throw out four or five ways they could believably explain a Brady absence from Two practices four days before a conference championship game without triggering this sort of speculation that he is injured. 

Keep in mind that Brady hasn’t missed a Thursday or Friday practice all season…

Excited for Belichick's presser here in min.... 

"Brady is dealing with it. I don't really have much to say about that. Any questions about the game?"

Or he could throw out his zinger from last week when asked about whether there was an update on Malcolm Mitchell.

"I don't know," he said. "If that happens, I'll certainly let you know as soon as possible. There won't be a second delay."

Here's what ACTUALLY was dicussed:

Q: Do you have any update on Tom’s status?
Bill Belichick: “Yeah, we gave out the injury report yesterday. We’ll update it today.”

Q: When Brian Hoyer steps in, how does that affect practice?
BB: “Brian does a great job for us. Works hard. Practices hard. Does a good job.”

Q: Has not having Tom out there limited your preparation at all?
BB: “We’re going to continue to get ready for Jacksonville all the way through gametime.”

Q: Now that Tom is dealing with the injury, looking back, do you have any regrets about trading Jimmy Garoppolo?
BB: “We’re getting ready for Jacksonville.”

Q: Is it looking like Tom will be a game-time decision?
BB: “Today’s Friday.”

Q: Given Tom’s injury, have you considered bringing in a third quarterback?
BB: “Yeah, we’re going to get ready for Jacksonville and do the best that we can and make the best decisions for the team to get ready to do that. That is what we’re going to do.”

Q: How much does Tom’s status complicate the gameplan at this point?
BB: “I don’t know.”

Q: What is your level of concern he will be able to perform the functions at quarterback?
BB: “I don’t know. We’ll see.”

Q: Before the Jimmy Garoppolo trade you said you had the best QB situation in the league, how do you feel about it now? 
BB: "Right now, our thoughts are getting ready for Jacksonville. We’ll do the best we can. That is the most competitive team out there. We’ll play the best and coach the best that we can on Sunday.”

Q: How impressed have you been with Tom’s toughness over the years?
BB: “Very. It’s been outstanding.”

Great coach, best evah .... but what a duush to the media.

Weird because he's not like that with local radio interviews. Something about the national media ... or just tv cameras I guess.

Brady not practicing Thursday is telling.  To be listed as limited all TB would have needed to do is hand the ball off a few times.  He could have used his left hand to get listed as limited.  

The fact that they didn’t let him do this should be concerning.

My best guess is we'll see Brady listed as "Limited" today at practice, media will be allowed to warm-ups, we will see photos of Brady out there with a glove on his throwing hand, then the media will be ushered out and we'll have zero detail as to Brady's actual participation. 

We'll see :popcorn:  

Great coach, best evah .... but what a ##### to the media.

Weird because he's not like that with local radio interviews. Something about the national media ... or just tv cameras I guess.
But on the local interviews they don’t ask a lot of those types of questions.  Or if they do plan on asking them they do it towards the end of the interview.

They almost always start with football/game type questions.   Like “what does x team/x player do on offense that you need to focus on?”   

Sometimes he even provides really great details.  

But on the local interviews they don’t ask a lot of those types of questions.  Or if they do plan on asking them they do it towards the end of the interview.

They almost always start with football/game type questions.   Like “what does x team/x player do on offense that you need to focus on?”   

Sometimes he even provides really great details.  
Yep. 

It’s funny.. If you want to actually talk football and X’s and O’s, he’s a Pandora’s box of info and wisdom. 

If you’re looking for him to leak any info that could help the opponent (injuries, gameplan, etc) you might as well not even waste your time. 

If you ask something stupid... you’re liable to get an answer that exposes your stupidity. 

I'm just not sure how you get an open dislocation (mentioned above) handing the ball off to a RB.  Seems very, very fishy.  

We will look back at this nonsense on Monday as a fun, but futile waste of time. There is nothing to see here folks. Brady will play per usual and Pats win 27-13.

If anything, this was a nice way to generate some conversation on a game that, absent this discourse, looks noncompetitive. 

Jacksonville has a 5% chance of winning this game. 

Wish I was wrong, but don't think I am.

Could this whole hand / thumb thing be a ploy to take attention off of his balky shoulder?

He's been on the injury report for long stretches with the shoulder. Maybe he needed a couple days off this week. 

[icon] said:
My best guess is we'll see Brady listed as "Limited" today at practice, media will be allowed to warm-ups, we will see photos of Brady out there with a glove on his throwing hand, then the media will be ushered out and we'll have zero detail as to Brady's actual participation. 

We'll see :popcorn:  
Confirmed: Brady on the field at the start of practice

Now we have a Brady interview scheduled in 20 mins. Let's see if he attends or cancels. 

Brady with a Glove on his hand DURING PRESS CONFERENCE :lmao:  

Totally ducked any questions of relevance. 

Word from local Boston sports talking head Mike Felger : “no fracture, no ligament. Just a cut from hitting a buckle on someone’s helmet. 4 Stitches around the knuckle. Should not effect him”.

Word from local Boston sports talking head Mike Felger : “no fracture, no ligament. Just a cut from hitting a buckle on someone’s helmet. 4 Stitches around the knuckle. Should not effect him”.
I normally don't pay any attention to what he and his toady have to say, but in this case I hope he is right and its not just another one of his misinformed evil empire 4letter wanna be type opinions.

Interesting... hope this is accurate. 

Felger has no lifeline to the team and is normally about 82nd in terms of breaking news. Would love to know where he got his intel from. I haven't sen his version anywhere else.

BRady officially Questionable to play Sunday.... :unsure:  
There really was no other option. There is no longer a"probable" designation, and he likely isn't doubtful. People get on BB no matter what. Whether he puts people on the injury report or if he leaves them off, he still gets grief from people that he is manipulating the system.

I suspect Brady's condition and status is smack dab in the middle of "it's nothing and there isn't anything to worry about" and "what are they going to do, Brady is pretty banged up."

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

Two tidbits from #Patriots QB Tom Brady’s thumb injury:
1. It was gushing blood when it happened.
2. He was “zinging it pretty good today,” source said.

1:17 PM - 19 Jan 2018

yabahos said:
Brady not practicing Thursday is telling.  To be listed as limited all TB would have needed to do is hand the ball off a few times.  He could have used his left hand to get listed as limited.  

The fact that they didn’t let him do this should be concerning.
Consider the possibility that they know this.  Scratch that.  Consider the certainty that they know this.  

Now, ask yourself the question if they had the opportunity to show him as limited, without any possible chance of further injury via left handed handoffs, but chose not too, why then did that make that decision?

Perhaps....and I know this might seem like a stretch to some....they have manufactured a story so Brady takes the brunt of the media focus, and the rest of the team can focus on preparing for a football game.

Look at these gloves I'm wearing to the press conference.  No, I'm not going to tell you why I'm wearing them.  But they ARE fascinating, aren't they?

IMO Occams Razor at play. 

Brady sliced his thumb open. It's stitched up. We will see how it will impact his ability to play on Sunday, but probably not a ton. 

IMO Occams Razor at play. 

Brady sliced his thumb open. It's stitched up. We will see how it will impact his ability to play on Sunday, but probably not a ton. 
Definitely sound like someone stepped in him, he got stitches, and they playing it safe and forcing him to wear gloves to avoid any infection. He'll be fine in Sunday. 

Users who are viewing this thread