Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eephus

NASCAR Real & Fantasy (www.drivergroupgame.com, League ID 1686, password:fbgffanascar)

STARTING LINEUP DETERMINATION

NASCAR Cup Series

There will be a random draw for the next five NASCAR Cup Series races. For races at Bristol (May 31), Atlanta (June 7), Martinsville (June 10), Miami (June 14) and Talladega (June 21), the lineup will be determined in the following way:

• Positions 1-12: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 13-24: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 25-36: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 37-40: Open teams in order of owners points

why didnt they black flag Kyle? #### hanging off of his car and he's a lap down blocking 2nd and 3rd place 

12 hours ago, JaxBill said:

why didnt they black flag Kyle? #### hanging off of his car and he's a lap down blocking 2nd and 3rd place 

Starting to really sour on Kyle and warming up to Chase.

4 hours ago, Payne said:
16 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Starting to really sour on Kyle and warming up to Chase.

Starting???

:welcome:to the party, pal!!  

8 minutes ago, snogger said:

Well I think he is probably the best driver and my youngest daughter loves him because of M&M's lol.

Most of them are the same way though. They wreck somebody and "it's racing". They get wrecked and "I got turned". 

I'm going to miss the mid-week race this week.

• Like 1

@AP_Sports: NASCAR is set to allow up to 30,000 fans at the track in Bristol next month when it moves the All-Star race out of Charlotte Motor Speedway.

http://apne.ws/GULafFG

Great race today.  Blaney deserved the win; there were lots of guys in and out of the lead pack but Penske was at the front for most of it.   It's also always good when there's no big one.

I've followed NASCAR fan since the days of Fred Lorenzen but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a fan.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Great race today.  Blaney deserved the win; there were lots of guys in and out of the lead pack but Penske was at the front for most of it.   It's also always good when there's no big one.

I've followed NASCAR fan since the days of Fred Lorenzen but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a fan.

With 7 laps to go and Wallace slid up seven spots into third.  :stirspot:

• Like 1

Loved the support all the racers and crew members did for Wallace. :thumbup: 

Has to be hell being the only black man racing in a "southern" sport.  Can't fathom how they haven't found the person who put the noose up by now..
It was in a Nascar garage which I would figure has security system with cameras.

• Like 1

One of the better races in recent memory. Blaney was the car to beat all day. Wasn't your typical "follow the leader" plate racing. 

As far as the Wallace incident, much like snogger stated, I don't see how it's not already solved. There has to be cameras all over that place. Only thing that makes sense is a track employee who is aware of how to get in and out without being seen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snogger said:

Loved the support all the racers and crew members did for Wallace. :thumbup: 

Has to be hell being the only black man racing in a "southern" sport.  Can't fathom how they haven't found the person who put the noose up by now..
It was in a Nascar garage which I would figure has security system with cameras.

I really hope it's not a made up incident tbh.

Not saying it is just hoping its sadly true.

Apparently California track also 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, belljr said:

Wow..

read an article yesterday where some idiot in the stands, when asked about the finding of a noose, said "I thought it was kind of funny". What the :censored:?????

Is this 2020 or 1920????

Edited by snogger

Think NASCAR needs to provide some evidence.  If it comes to be found that it was a garage pull down NASCAR will have a lot of explaining to do.

https://www.rt.com/usa/492702-bubba-wallace-noose-garage-rope/

Who do the Russians pick for Pocono this weekend?

Posted (edited)

FBI reports it was in fact a garage door pull rope, fashioned like a noose. But photo evidence proves it was that way since last fall. This would have been well before garage stalls were assigned. Good news in that no hate crime was going on. :thumbup:

It is reaonable with all that is going on for Bubba to see it as he did.. But you'd think Nascar would have looked at it before the FBI got involved.

Edited by snogger

Just now, snogger said:

FBI reports it was in fact a garage door pull rope, fashioned like a noose But photo evidence proves it was that way since last fall. This would have been well before garage stalls were assigned. Good news in that no hate crime was going on. :thumbup:

It is reaonable with all that is going on for Bubba to see it as he did.. But you'd think Nascar would have looked at it before the FBI got involved.

what moron had to be a white knight and actually point that out? 

Ftr I don't think bubba found the "noose"... I think someone from his team did

• Thanks 1

Bubba never saw it, presumably this was reported by someone else on his team?

3 minutes ago, belljr said:

2 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Thanks, did not know that. :hifive:

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

And they should be fired for stupidity alone immediately

But yeah it's for the garage door, just happened to be bubba's garage this week....comedy of errors

1 minute ago, belljr said:

But yeah it's for the garage door, just happened to be bubba's garage this week....comedy of errors

Its on all of the garage doors.  Somebody is obviously ###### or trying to stir stuff up.  Whoever found that needs to be fired asap

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

And they should be fired for stupidity alone immediately

Really?? With all going on, if I walked into an area I've never been in to setup for Bubba I'd be concerned and report it as well. IMO, this falls on Nascar not investigating first, not on the person who reported it. :shrug:

Edited by snogger

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Its on all of the garage doors.  Somebody is obviously ###### or trying to stir stuff up.  Whoever found that needs to be fired asap

If ALL pull cords were in the shape of a noose, do you really think Nascar calls in the FBI? :mellow:

Edited by snogger

1 minute ago, snogger said:

Really?? With all going on, if I walked into an area I've never been in to setup for Bubba I'd be concerned and report it as well. IMO, this falls on Nascar not investigating first, not on the person who reported it. :shrug:

If you saw a rope pull configured with a loop on a door and saw the other doors with the exact same pull you would go to authorities? 

Just now, snogger said:

If ALL pull cords were in the shape of a noose, do you really think Nascar calls in the FBI : confused: 

They all were dude, look at the pics on twitter

1 minute ago, pantherclub said:

I've only seen 1 rope fashioned that way.. please share where ALL are that way. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

The only picture I've seen is the #21's garage from the 2019 Fall race.  It's the same garage assigned to the #43 last week.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pantherclub said:

They are not all tied in loops/noose but still definitely dumb

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

FBI statement says that his stall was the only one with the pull rope tied that way.  If so (with 40+ stalls), fair to ask if this was in fact a coincidence or not?

5 hours ago, belljr said:

Just read the article that implies that he found out from the President of NASCAR. So the President of NASCAR thought it was troubling enough to escalate it. So anyone blaming him at this point seems to be politically motivated. 

18 minutes ago, matttyl said:

FBI statement says that his stall was the only one with the pull rope tied that way.  If so (with 40+ stalls), fair to ask if this was in fact a coincidence or not?

So you believe someone remembered from October this garage had this rope and purposely gave that garage to Wallace last week

1 minute ago, belljr said:

So you believe someone remembered from October this garage had this rope and purposely gave that garage to Wallace last week

You think no one has been in these garages in 9 months?  

Just now, matttyl said:

You think no one has been in these garages in 9 months?  

Yes it's very possible.  There is no road course at talledega.  

So you propose when stalls were assigned last week the someone between then and now redid it?

It's just funny how we find out that it wasn't nefarious. Someone wasn't being incredibly racist. We should be relieved and happy about that. Yet folks still want to duke it out. Some folks still think he was targeted despite no evidence of that while others blame him for starting this despite the fact that the President of NASCAR escalated it. 

• Like 2

This whole situation is bizarre.  

In no way should Rusty Wallace take any blame.  He didn’t even see the thing.

Whoever reported it is kind of an idiot though.  All warehouse type garage doors have a pull rope.  Most just have a knot in the rope tied for grip, but I’ve seen ones that have a hand grip exactly like the one pictured.  I assume people in NASCAR have seen 100x’s the amount of garages that i have. 

Blame the dummies in NASCAR, not Rusty Wallace.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

This whole situation is bizarre.  

In no way should Rusty Wallace take any blame.  He didn’t even see the thing.

Whoever reported it is kind of an idiot though.  All warehouse type garage doors have a pull rope.  Most just have a knot in the rope tied for grip, but I’ve seen ones that have a hand grip exactly like the one pictured.  I assume people in NASCAR have seen 100x’s the amount of garages that i have. 

Blame the dummies in NASCAR, not Rusty Wallace.

Well good news. I don't think anyone is blaming Rusty. Blast from the past. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, belljr said:

Yes it's very possible.  There is no road course at talledega.  

So you propose when stalls were assigned last week the someone between then and now redid it?

There's very little testing done at Talladega since it's such a unique track.  If it was open for a track day or something, the Cup garage area wouldn't have been used.

Just now, sporthenry said:

Well good news. I don't think anyone is blaming Rusty. Blast from the past. 

I blame Kenny Wallace

• Laughing 1

I don't think NASCAR did anything wrong.  They got a report and they acted on it.  They didn't try to brush it under the rug. 

6 hours ago, Eephus said:

I don't think NASCAR did anything wrong.  They got a report and they acted on it.  They didn't try to brush it under the rug. 

I understand wanting to be cautious in today's realm. but still think it could have been handled internally first..

Review camera footage, review past garage images, etc.

As I mentioned above, based on reports from the FBI and Nascar, this doesn't look to be racially motivated, just a :loco: coincidence which is great news.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eephus said:

There's very little testing done at Talladega since it's such a unique track.  If it was open for a track day or something, the Cup garage area wouldn't have been used.

And it's not in a spot to swing by for a quick tour. Which you need to stop in the little museum anyway