What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (3 Viewers)

Great race today.  Blaney deserved the win; there were lots of guys in and out of the lead pack but Penske was at the front for most of it.   It's also always good when there's no big one.

I've followed NASCAR fan since the days of Fred Lorenzen but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a fan.

Great race today.  Blaney deserved the win; there were lots of guys in and out of the lead pack but Penske was at the front for most of it.   It's also always good when there's no big one.

I've followed NASCAR fan since the days of Fred Lorenzen but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a fan.
With 7 laps to go and Wallace slid up seven spots into third.  :stirspot:

Loved the support all the racers and crew members did for Wallace. :thumbup:  

Has to be hell being the only black man racing in a "southern" sport.  Can't fathom how they haven't found the person who put the noose up by now..
It was in a Nascar garage which I would figure has security system with cameras.

One of the better races in recent memory. Blaney was the car to beat all day. Wasn't your typical "follow the leader" plate racing. 

As far as the Wallace incident, much like snogger stated, I don't see how it's not already solved. There has to be cameras all over that place. Only thing that makes sense is a track employee who is aware of how to get in and out without being seen. 

Loved the support all the racers and crew members did for Wallace. :thumbup:  

Has to be hell being the only black man racing in a "southern" sport.  Can't fathom how they haven't found the person who put the noose up by now..
It was in a Nascar garage which I would figure has security system with cameras.
I really hope it's not a made up incident tbh.

Not saying it is just hoping its sadly true.

Apparently California track also 

Think NASCAR needs to provide some evidence.  If it comes to be found that it was a garage pull down NASCAR will have a lot of explaining to do.

https://www.rt.com/usa/492702-bubba-wallace-noose-garage-rope/

FBI reports it was in fact a garage door pull rope, fashioned like a noose. But photo evidence proves it was that way since last fall. This would have been well before garage stalls were assigned. Good news in that no hate crime was going on. :thumbup:

It is reaonable with all that is going on for Bubba to see it as he did.. But you'd think Nascar would have looked at it before the FBI got involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI reports it was in fact a garage door pull rope, fashioned like a noose But photo evidence proves it was that way since last fall. This would have been well before garage stalls were assigned. Good news in that no hate crime was going on. :thumbup:

It is reaonable with all that is going on for Bubba to see it as he did.. But you'd think Nascar would have looked at it before the FBI got involved.
what moron had to be a white knight and actually point that out? 

But yeah it's for the garage door, just happened to be bubba's garage this week....comedy of errors

And they should be fired for stupidity alone immediately
Really?? With all going on, if I walked into an area I've never been in to setup for Bubba I'd be concerned and report it as well. IMO, this falls on Nascar not investigating first, not on the person who reported it. :shrug:

Its on all of the garage doors.  Somebody is obviously ###### or trying to stir stuff up.  Whoever found that needs to be fired asap
If ALL pull cords were in the shape of a noose, do you really think Nascar calls in the FBI? :mellow:

Really?? With all going on, if I walked into an area I've never been in to setup for Bubba I'd be concerned and report it as well. IMO, this falls on Nascar not investigating first, not on the person who reported it. :shrug:
If you saw a rope pull configured with a loop on a door and saw the other doors with the exact same pull you would go to authorities? 

FBI statement says that his stall was the only one with the pull rope tied that way.  If so (with 40+ stalls), fair to ask if this was in fact a coincidence or not?

Ftr I don't think bubba found the "noose"... I think someone from his team did
Just read the article that implies that he found out from the President of NASCAR. So the President of NASCAR thought it was troubling enough to escalate it. So anyone blaming him at this point seems to be politically motivated. 

FBI statement says that his stall was the only one with the pull rope tied that way.  If so (with 40+ stalls), fair to ask if this was in fact a coincidence or not?
So you believe someone remembered from October this garage had this rope and purposely gave that garage to Wallace last week

You think no one has been in these garages in 9 months?  
Yes it's very possible.  There is no road course at talledega.  

So you propose when stalls were assigned last week the someone between then and now redid it?

It's just funny how we find out that it wasn't nefarious. Someone wasn't being incredibly racist. We should be relieved and happy about that. Yet folks still want to duke it out. Some folks still think he was targeted despite no evidence of that while others blame him for starting this despite the fact that the President of NASCAR escalated it. 

This whole situation is bizarre.  

In no way should Rusty Wallace take any blame.  He didn’t even see the thing.

Whoever reported it is kind of an idiot though.  All warehouse type garage doors have a pull rope.  Most just have a knot in the rope tied for grip, but I’ve seen ones that have a hand grip exactly like the one pictured.  I assume people in NASCAR have seen 100x’s the amount of garages that i have. 

Blame the dummies in NASCAR, not Rusty Wallace.

This whole situation is bizarre.  

In no way should Rusty Wallace take any blame.  He didn’t even see the thing.

Whoever reported it is kind of an idiot though.  All warehouse type garage doors have a pull rope.  Most just have a knot in the rope tied for grip, but I’ve seen ones that have a hand grip exactly like the one pictured.  I assume people in NASCAR have seen 100x’s the amount of garages that i have. 

Blame the dummies in NASCAR, not Rusty Wallace.
Well good news. I don't think anyone is blaming Rusty. Blast from the past. 

Yes it's very possible.  There is no road course at talledega.  

So you propose when stalls were assigned last week the someone between then and now redid it?
There's very little testing done at Talladega since it's such a unique track.  If it was open for a track day or something, the Cup garage area wouldn't have been used.

I don't think NASCAR did anything wrong.  They got a report and they acted on it.  They didn't try to brush it under the rug. 

I don't think NASCAR did anything wrong.  They got a report and they acted on it.  They didn't try to brush it under the rug. 
I understand wanting to be cautious in today's realm. but still think it could have been handled internally first..

Review camera footage, review past garage images, etc.

As I mentioned above, based on reports from the FBI and Nascar, this doesn't look to be racially motivated, just a :loco:  coincidence which is great news.

There's very little testing done at Talladega since it's such a unique track.  If it was open for a track day or something, the Cup garage area wouldn't have been used.
And it's not in a spot to swing by for a quick tour. Which you need to stop in the little museum anyway

As mentioned, the situation is so strange. First, the only garage door with that was his? What are the odds of that? Not accusing anyone of anything. Just what are the odds that the only black driver is assigned that garage, in Alabama, the week after all hell breaks loose across the country and NASCAR demands removal of the confederate flag?? 

Then, nobody, anywhere in the garage....in ALL of NASCAR thought to mention it had been there previously prior to taking it to the FBI?? It took the FBI to "find" that??

Seems like when this was discovered, it could have been quickly resolved and explained with some communication between drivers, teams and officials. 

Users who are viewing this thread