What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (10 Viewers)

What a moron. Sadly, its obviously something he says regularly. Whether you thought the conversation was private or not, you dont say something like that on accident...unless its something you'd regularly say. 
Right after it came out I saw a snarky Tweet predicting what his apology will be. A few hours later he released a statement that was almost verbatim (“I know it was wrong, that’s not who I am”, et al) 

Lame way for it to end, there is a massive double standard but this isn’t the right forum for that discussion.

This schedule is brilliant if it can be pulled off "healthy".  I would assume sport staved folks that have never been a fan will give NASCAR a try as the only game in town.  While I'd rather be watching MLB, even the truck series race at Charlotte looks dreamy right about now.  

This schedule is brilliant if it can be pulled off "healthy".  I would assume sport staved folks that have never been a fan will give NASCAR a try as the only game in town.  While I'd rather be watching MLB, even the truck series race at Charlotte looks dreamy right about now.  
The 500 kilometer race distances for the Cup weeknight races should be interesting and could be a sign of things to come. 

As always and more than ever, hoping for safe races.

It was kind of a snoozer but it was good to see the cars back on track.  Jimmie Johnson won't have a whole lot more chances to throw away.  Great top ten run for JH Nemechek

It was kind of a snoozer but it was good to see the cars back on track.  Jimmie Johnson won't have a whole lot more chances to throw away.  Great top ten run for JH Nemechek
Yeah, it was kind of hard to watch, but completely understandable.  I thought I didn't care for cheesy stuff like Michael Waltrip's Grid Walk, until I didn't have Michael Waltrip's Grid Walk (if that make sense).  

I like the idea of 400 mi and 500 km races.  I understand the tradition of 500 milers and the importance of providing value to fans who travel to the event but they're too long to hold the interest a TV audience, especially when there are a lot of cautions.

I like the idea of 400 mi and 500 km races.  I understand the tradition of 500 milers and the importance of providing value to fans who travel to the event but they're too long to hold the interest a TV audience, especially when there are a lot of cautions.
I assume the Coca-Cola  600 will still be 600 miles Monday?( or is it Sunday night)

They are not all 500 mile races

Xfinity race looks like a rainout tonight.

I liked this idea tremendously. 

@EricSturrock: Postpone it till Monday. First ever Amazing Race style NASCAR race. Start in Darlington, once you complete the laps, you load your car onto the hauler and have it driven to to Charlotte and race that race. Whoever finishes first wins both races. The Amazing NASCAR race #NASCAR

Not sure if it's because of cooler track or inverted order but these guys are aggressive early. A lot of passing and driving in tight quarters

Not sure if it's because of cooler track or inverted order but these guys are aggressive early. A lot of passing and driving in tight quarters
Possibility of rain moving in that would shorten the race brings out the aggressive :drive:  

That interviewer (Byrnes?) Is the worst

Busch actually apologized and he keeps asking well what's going to happen? Blah blah

Not buying Kyle Busch explanation.  He didn't back away once contact occurred.

eta - I still can't believe I called his crash before it happened 

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically... "Cool, we're trending on Twitter."

@bobpockrass: NASCAR says Chase Elliott will not be fined for the gesture nor for not going straight to the ambulance. #nascar @NASCARONFOX

Kyle Busch is way too good for that to be an accident. He wasn't even close. Just the fact Gordon called him out tells you everything. Usually the drivers stick together. 

Glad I turned it off before the Busch incident.. Dislike his excuses and blame everyone else ( although in this case he kind of took responsibility).. 

Afraid that, even though I don't have anything riding on the outcomes, seeing that would have put me in a :rant:  mood and it would have taken me a hour or two to relax enough to go to sleep. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So why the heck did Chase Elliott pit?
As he said in the interview afterwards.. he doesn't pit, the others do leaving him the odd man out with old tires.. They were going to do the opposite of what he did and it cost him.. part of being in the lead so late in the race. :drive:

Charlotte tonight 7et on FS1.

they should get it in but rumor is that if tonight gets rained out they would run 2 races at Bristol (along with xfinity)

STARTING LINEUP DETERMINATION

NASCAR Cup Series

There will be a random draw for the next five NASCAR Cup Series races. For races at Bristol (May 31), Atlanta (June 7), Martinsville (June 10), Miami (June 14) and Talladega (June 21), the lineup will be determined in the following way:

• Positions 1-12: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 13-24: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 25-36: Random draw from charter teams in those positions in owner points

• Positions 37-40: Open teams in order of owners points

why didnt they black flag Kyle? #### hanging off of his car and he's a lap down blocking 2nd and 3rd place 

Users who are viewing this thread