What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Royce Freeman, LAR (1 Viewer)

I mean, if you told me last year that it would be Hunt over Fournette, I’d have told you to drop the pipe. #### happens. NY had a putrid o line last year
Or that Mark Ingram and Peterson would combine for 2000 yards, 14 TDs but Alvin Kamara would be a top 5 RB, that sounds like the most impossible thing ever 12 months ago. 

I just drafted him at 1.7 in a PPR. Penny went one pick ahead of me. I figured I would have one of the two no matter what and was good with that. 
I have the 6 and 9

Who was the 6 that went before you?

I would predict

Barkley

Guice

Jones

Penny

Michael

(Me) Freeman probably

Pretty sure the other 2 rbs Chubb and Johnson, insert joke here) will go 7 and 8 which mean i will have my choice of best available after that. I like Freeman but would also like the 5 before that

twood said:
I have the 6 and 9

Who was the 6 that went before you?

I would predict

Barkley

Guice

Jones

Penny

Michael

(Me) Freeman probably

Pretty sure the other 2 rbs Chubb and Johnson, insert joke here) will go 7 and 8 which mean i will have my choice of best available after that. I like Freeman but would also like the 5 before that
Penny went 6. 

Any back getting feature back carries and receptions on a decent team can challenge for high end rb1 numbers. That's why the top 8 picks in this rookie draft should all be rbs.
:thumbup:   And not to mention the fact that rookie WRs are not withstanding this year. 

Mason's Mailbag: Who stood out during the first OTA?

Excerpt:

@DanielGonzalez8

@MaseDenver who was the most impressive rookie first week of otas?? #askmase

11:25 AM - May 25, 2018

Based on the one practice that was open to the media for viewing, Royce Freeman, who had some dynamic runs, showed good vision and made decisive cuts. You don't want to jump to conclusions after an initial practice, but Freeman looks like he can be part of a multifaceted solution for the Broncos at running back.

The Denver Post expects the Broncos' 2018 backfield to "feature a heavy dose of Devontae Booker."

The Broncos drafted Royce Freeman at No. 71 overall, but he's not being gift wrapped starting duties. Longtime beat reporter Mike Klis of 9 News Denver also suggested previously Booker would enter training camp as the starter. The Denver Post says No. 2 back duties behind Booker are "yet to be determined." Booker usually lasts until the double-digit rounds in early fantasy drafts.

Source: Denver Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/376683/Devontae-Booker-to-get-'heavy-dose'-of-work

zeeshan2 said:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/376683/Devontae-Booker-to-get-'heavy-dose'-of-work
This disgusts me. They've been saying all offseason that Booker was going to be the starter in 2018. I've heard nothing otherwise. What does it mean for Freeman long and short term?

I think it means that, in redraft, some guppee in every league will pick Booker far earlier than he could possibly deserve and Freeman will be a steal by a savvy owner. We’ve seen Booker play 2 years now and he hasn’t been good. I don’t expect that to change. Freeman may not be the bell cow to start the season but I expect him to take early down work by week 4 and maybe more beyond that. Booker just does not look like a good player to me

I think it means that, in redraft, some guppee in every league will pick Booker far earlier than he could possibly deserve and Freeman will be a steal by a savvy owner. We’ve seen Booker play 2 years now and he hasn’t been good. I don’t expect that to change. Freeman may not be the bell cow to start the season but I expect him to take early down work by week 4 and maybe more beyond that. Booker just does not look like a good player to me
Steal of the savvy owner? He's going in round 4 in MFL10s. 

they're looking for a bell-cow RB..they're going to let Freeman have his shot at it.Booker is a placeholder nothing more. he's been nothing short of terrible in each of his two seasons in the NFL, averaging a dismal 3.6 per carry over his brief career. there's not 'there' there...in onother words, he's shown nothing to make us think he'll be anything more than he already is - a mudder on a dry, crisp, fast track..thats the best horse racing thing I can throw in here. ;-)

Doesnt look like theres much for takeaways from this game for Denvers starting offense.  Keenum didnt play long and Lynch cant get anything done.

Doesnt look like theres much for takeaways from this game for Denvers starting offense.  Keenum didnt play long and Lynch cant get anything done.
Which running back lined up with Keenum in the game?  Was it only Booker or did both of them get snaps with Keenum?

Royce Freeman had four carries for 38 yards and a touchdown in Denver's preseason opener.

Freeman was a bright spot in a rough Broncos first half. He saw some reps with the first-team offense, but his touchdown came against backups. Freeman was drafted for OC Bill Musgrave's power scheme and has early-down workhorse upside in an offense that slants run heavy. Freeman's strong debut puts heat on Devontae Booker for the Week 1 starting job.

Aug 11 - 11:04 PM

I know his TD against MIN wasn't against the starters but it looks like it was ripped directly from one of his college highlight reels. His short area quickness/agility is really subtle, the way he transitions to the outside once he hits the second level on that TD is fluid to the point where it catches #40 completely flat-footed and unable to recover. In hindsight Elway calling him a thumper is just odd, it's not his game at all.

What are people projecting for him this year? Musgrave oversaw Latavius Murray in OAK and AP in MIN and never seemed reluctant to give one RB a majority of the touches (although who wouldn't feed AP). I think ~300 touches is within the realm of possibility for Freeman primarily if he does well in pass pro, I'm pretty much sold on everything else. 

Is Royce da 6'0 a bad nickname?
What's funny is I think of Royce da 5'9" when I see his name too. I like it better than rolls Royce.

Barring injury, I think it's his gig from day one. From a talent perspective, I think Booker is qute possibly the least talented rb on the roster. Typically vets get the benefit of the doubt due to pass pro prowess, but Booker isn't a very good pass blocker either. I don't think it will take long for freemanto take a huge slice of the pie with some cop duties for Lindsay/Booker/Henderson

I know his TD against MIN wasn't against the starters but it looks like it was ripped directly from one of his college highlight reels. His short area quickness/agility is really subtle, the way he transitions to the outside once he hits the second level on that TD is fluid to the point where it catches #40 completely flat-footed and unable to recover. In hindsight Elway calling him a thumper is just odd, it's not his game at all.

What are people projecting for him this year? Musgrave oversaw Latavius Murray in OAK and AP in MIN and never seemed reluctant to give one RB a majority of the touches (although who wouldn't feed AP). I think ~300 touches is within the realm of possibility for Freeman primarily if he does well in pass pro, I'm pretty much sold on everything else. 
300 touches should make him a top 12 RB with huge vslue

I’m glad to see some support for rolls Royce. I liked what I saw and was surprised that most of the early comments were “meh.” I still have him behind guys like penny, Michel, chubb, and rojo, but he could move up. I’ll be looking for a 40 in the 4.5s, and hopefully weighs in closer to 230 than 240. Add in a nice landing spot and you might get a steal around the turn. 
Dammit I already called him rolls upthread.  :yucky:

I like him but I think Booker sits in front of him as starter all season. I think this RB class is overhyped.

Not everyone of these guys is going to be a stud year 1.

As far as his touchdown goes, he takes a draw play out of shotgun 20 yards against the Vikings backups. Not super impressive, imo. There are plenty of players who score in that same situation.

Waiting for him to make a play running from under center that doesn't result in 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Users who are viewing this thread