What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (6 Viewers)

If the Rams don’t have a decent showing, in the playoffs, that shine that’s on McVay and Goff will be gone. 
McVay and Goff are no more then the new sexy thing in the NFL that will eventually wear off just like everything else. I think McVay has done an outstanding job for the most part bidding Goff's biggest weaknesses but until McVay and CO can adjust to teams adjusting we'll see more of what we saw last night 

Wait....I just thought about my nightmare. 

We win the last 3, with Foles and in convincing fashion....only to miss the playoffs. Talk radio and the internet would be dead to me for like 8-9 months, maybe forever. 
I would pay no attention to it. For the most part Talk radio in this town is for the meat heads who never played a down of football in their lives but act like they know everything. The hosts for the most part are interested in a hot take and will turn down anyone or any caller with a coherent good thought. I remember being in the car with my buddy who was listening to Ennis though when he was still employed. The one caller was great you'd have thought he played or knew someone in the org with some of the thoughts and ideas he had. He was so good Ennis had him on for like 10-15 mins. Next caller calls after he hangs up and tries blasting the previous caller calling him an idiot. Ennis went on to rip a guy a new one. Bruno even came in with a smart ### comment too. It was actually nice and refreshing to see two host rip some of the clowns who call in acting like know it alls. But we all know these days the radio is looking for the hot take to drive the ratings. 

For sure.  How he has taken the guys he has on D and had them perform like that is pretty crazy.  Really want to see what he can do next year with a healthy team.
I'd just like to see him not be so stubborn and use more then 4 guys to go after the QB. I don't need JJ aggressiveness but when needed like the 4th qtr instead of the prevent and sticks D he keeps using. 

If Nick helps the team win out and get into the playoffs, he's going to get paid by someone next year. Eagles might get that 3rd round pick back if that happens in compensatory time. 
I'm really hoping he plays lights out so someone overpays him enough we get like a 3rd out of it. Either way it's such a great way to give the middle finger to that other guy who traded him 

John Clark

Source says Carson Wentz’s back is feeling better and fracture is small but if he does too much too soon the stress fracture could flare up again. 

Eagles are being cautious, thinking about his future and getting him completely right

#FlyEaglesFly⁠ ⁠

Okay we needed four results: We win two, Minnesota loses one, Carolina loses one. Carolina, Check. one down, three to go

Whats our tiebreak situation with Seattle?  We could be tied with them after this week.
Yes Seattle will have the better conference record so we would need them to lose both games. While they could easily lose to KC, I don't see them losing to Arizona in Seattle.

Yes Seattle will have the better conference record so we would need them to lose both games. While they could easily lose to KC, I don't see them losing to Arizona in Seattle.
Doesn't really matter. Just keep winning and the rest will either sort itself out or it won't.

Yea, the easiest path is us winning out and Minnesota losing one.

Otherwise we need to win out, and have either Dallas OR Seattle lose out.

I almost hope we lose horribly to Houston and Foles sucks.  This "Foles is awesome and maybe we should start him even if Wentz is healthy" is nonsense.  Wentz is better.  Period.

Actually, I DO hope we beat Houston and Foles looks average doing it.  Love the guy, but this other talk is silly.

No sense. You’re not bringing anyone else in right now and if we do make a deep playoff run you’ll want to see how he feels. 
Imagine the storyline if Nick leads us to the Sb and carson comes in and wins it for us haha.  Not that it's at all likely, but Carson deserves some good luck. 

I almost hope we lose horribly to Houston and Foles sucks.  This "Foles is awesome and maybe we should start him even if Wentz is healthy" is nonsense.  Wentz is better.  Period.

Actually, I DO hope we beat Houston and Foles looks average doing it.  Love the guy, but this other talk is silly.
You know what? I don't get this kinda smack talk at all man. But before I lay out some opinions--and that's all they are, opinions, lets establish that Foles will leave after this year unless he takes some remarkable discount to stay, and Wentz is clearly and irrefutably the center piece of the franchise. Ok? Alright.

Foles won us the super bowl!  For some crazy reason, this team rallies around him. It's like they just genuinely elevate their play around him. No one is going to argue that Wentz isn't the superior talent but Foles is a "facilitator." Whatever Wentz's injury issues are this year, he hasn't been able to read the field or let go the deep pass or really target anyone other than Ertz it seems and teamates like Jeffrey have been pointing that out for some time now. Doesn't mean they think Wentz and Ertz are selfish or something, it's just the circumstances of this year. 

There seems to be a whole lot of intangible effects of Foles playing. He makes Doug have to craft a more balanced game plan BECUASE of Foles' limitations. Crazy but less is more from him and it works. I also think Foles makes his initial reads better and has a quicker release. He can't play sandlot football the amazing way Wentz can be Houdini and wait for a play to develope. They just flat out seem to have no choice but to have a better running game and I'm sure the O-line loves being the aggressor rather than having to hold so many block so long under Wentz. 

And possibly, maybe the chemistry is just so much looser now with Foles. How many people are remarking that the team finally looks like they did last year? Is it possible that the strain of trying to "win one for Carson" has become a touch unbearable? Look, I love Wentz like all of you in here do but I think it really messed with his head getting them so far and then standing on the sidelines to see them win it all.  There is no doubt he rehabbed like a man possessed to get back this season but probably too soon and ultimately to his and the team's detriment. Are those actions, the actions of a "team first" player? You tell me. I think all this has caused strain at all levels and now that burden is lifted with Foles--the ulitimate team first player--under center.

We really are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Wentz may be snake-bitten with injuries his whole career. This is four years in a row he's been hurt. I wish nothing but the best for him but if we are being objective, we have to consider the possibility that we all will  look back one day on him and say to ourselves, "What could have been?" Again, I'm not arguing that we should trade Wentz and keep Foles. Of course not. I'm just stunned that some of us are taking such a hard line assessment of the situation and are unwilling to take off the rose colored glasses regarding Wentz.

And I want to make one more point: I am sick to death of everyone talking about how streaky Foles is and using that "what about" argument about some of his games last year. Just remember, he played great against the Giants his first game as a starter and then do you guys remember what happened in the Northeast? We had an arctic cold snap that lasted weeks! The Raiders game was at night on Christmas Eve and it was ZERO with gusty winds. No body scores a lot in those conditions! Same deal against Dallas the week after and even the Falcon game was damn cold. Then the weather got milder and the offense blew the doors off Minnesota. Believe me I remember. I live ten blocks from the Linc.

Anyway, I'll never ever hope that Foles "sucks" or even looks merely "average." As far as I'm concned he gave us  the greatest gift as a Philadelphia sports fan ever. He deserves better sentiments from all of us.

Peace out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird they aren't putting Carson on IR.  What are they waiting for?
Yeah, I think its odd.  Only chance you are putting him in is if we make the playoffs.  If we make the playoffs it means Foles has won every game he's started-would you really pull him if that's the case?  Only thing I can think of is to dress him as Foles' backup during playoffs as you'd rather fall back to Carson (duh) than Sudfeld with the season on the line. 

Yeah, I think its odd.  Only chance you are putting him in is if we make the playoffs.  If we make the playoffs it means Foles has won every game he's started-would you really pull him if that's the case?  Only thing I can think of is to dress him as Foles' backup during playoffs as you'd rather fall back to Carson (duh) than Sudfeld with the season on the line. 
That's exactly why they haven't put him on IR. With Carson hurt, it's Nick's show, unless he gets hurt. Then you go back to Carson. If the Eagles lose this week and are eliminated, I am sure Carson will be put on IR next week.

Thank you for posting that. Truly an amazing comeback. You forget how fast Vick was. And why were the Giants totally unprepared for an onside kick with 7 minutes left and the Eagles down by 2 scores? Inexcusable coaching by Coughlin.
Vick was amazing to watch that year.

So Chris long making a shrine for Nick Foles at his locker. I took it as stupid humor. Apparently some people are saying this will divide a locker room because Carson will get his feelings hurt. 

Sigh. Carson is not McNabb. Can't guys joke around anymore?

So Chris long making a shrine for Nick Foles at his locker. I took it as stupid humor. Apparently some people are saying this will divide a locker room because Carson will get his feelings hurt. 

We have enough problems hopefully this isn't one of them

We beat a Ram team that had been exposed 3 weeks straight.  Let's not forget how we rolled over against Dallas.  Twice.
I think the Rams have been completely overhyped. Stop Gurely and get pressure on Goff and their Offense can be stop. Run the deep Cover 2 I think Collinsworth was saying with defending the boundaries and all. Goff I never thought was anything special coming into the NFL. Decent talent but incredible overhyped. 

Thank you for posting that. Truly an amazing comeback. You forget how fast Vick was. And why were the Giants totally unprepared for an onside kick with 7 minutes left and the Eagles down by 2 scores? Inexcusable coaching by Coughlin.
Honestly I think NYG was so bad defensively there. They didn't hold containment and guys like Vick you stay in your lanes and force guys like him to become a pocket passer. When I watched that game finally on TV I was just amazed how awful NYG defended him and let the Eagles back in. That was truly a game we should've been slaughtered. This isn't taking away from what Vick did that day despite my overall view of thinking he's the most overrated NFL QB when he played but more so Coughlin and the Giants being idiots here. 

Vick was amazing to watch that year.
People think Vick was amazing all year but look at his splits from the first and second half of the year. He regressed back to the guy he was. The issue was he put up Madden like Numbers the first half of the year so when he had his terrible second half his numbers still averaged out at the end to look really good. The second half he doubled his TO's, took more sacks etc. Vick had a great season but if you don't look at the whole picture of that season he just had a good but his numbers inflated his overall stats. Vick was a great Athlete (not QB) but he really aggravated me with how stupid of a football IQ he had. I can't remember who it was I think it was Kelce who said he was making the line calls Vick needed to make at the line because Vick had no idea how to do them. Andy basically made Kelce the guy doing the whole QB audibles because Vick was lost trying to make them.  

Because we have too many idiots who act like the hot takes on Radio on the biblical truth. You can tell which people listen to that garbage online or talking to them based on their opinions. Got a friend who does it and it drives me crazy. Have been here and thanks to the posters we've had who've known people during the Reid era in the Org and all and some of the people I know I realized 98% of the time talk radio in this city is nothing more then Sports TMZ generating ratings. Like I said Tony Bruno on his podcast last year exposed both stations around the time people found out the 97.5 caller was fake and one of the guys producing the show calling in. 

In all seriousness, this is going to be a really tough game. If the Eagles win, I'll be very impressed. Texans have been playing amazing and can clinch the division with a win. They will be fired up. Yes they have some key injuries but this is a huge test for our offense and Watson presents a lot of challenges for our defense.

I'm excited for a game still and its December. A lot better than I thought it would be a couple weeks ago.

In all seriousness, this is going to be a really tough game. If the Eagles win, I'll be very impressed. Texans have been playing amazing and can clinch the division with a win. They will be fired up. Yes they have some key injuries but this is a huge test for our offense and Watson presents a lot of challenges for our defense.

I'm excited for a game still and its December. A lot better than I thought it would be a couple weeks ago.
Living in Houston, I follow the Texans very closely. Their best wins this year have all been at home against the Dolphins with Osweiller, the Titans, and the Browns. Their win against the Cowboys was at home and before they had Cooper. In addition, Garrett gifted the Texans a chance to win in OT when he punted on 4th and 1 in OT near midfield. Against top QB's (Brady, Luck twice) they are 1-2. The Texans gave up an average of 360 passing in those three games. The win at the Colts was somewhat of a gift as Reich went for it on 4th and 4 and didn't make it and gave the Texans a chance to win the game.

So I think the Texans are a lot better on paper than they actually are. But if they can go into Philly against a desperate team who is playoff tested and win, I will think a lot more of them.

Living in Houston, I follow the Texans very closely. Their best wins this year have all been at home against the Dolphins with Osweiller, the Titans, and the Browns. Their win against the Cowboys was at home and before they had Cooper. In addition, Garrett gifted the Texans a chance to win in OT when he punted on 4th and 1 in OT near midfield. Against top QB's (Brady, Luck twice) they are 1-2. The Texans gave up an average of 360 passing in those three games. The win at the Colts was somewhat of a gift as Reich went for it on 4th and 4 and didn't make it and gave the Texans a chance to win the game.

So I think the Texans are a lot better on paper than they actually are. But if they can go into Philly against a desperate team who is playoff tested and win, I will think a lot more of them.
Feeling the same way. Plus their secondary was a big part of their early wins, but has been an issue for the last 4-5 games. 

It’s by no means “in the bag” for either team, but I see this game as a coin flip and I just hope St. Nick pulls off another victory!! 

We are the last team anyone wants to see sneak in to the playoffs. I’m hoping that’s what happens and we get to see Dallas (most likely the rams or bears tho)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling the same way. Plus their secondary was a big part of their early wins, but has been an issue for the last 4-5 games. 

It’s by no means “in the bag” for either team, but I see this game as a coin flip and I just hope St. Nick pulls off another victory!! 

We are the last team anyone wants to see sneak in to the playoffs. I’m hoping that’s what happens and we get to see Dallas (most likely the rams or bears tho)
Ya facing Dallas in the playoffs is almost impossible.  It's crazy to think that if all the favoured teams win the next 2 weeks, that we're ACTUALLY in the playoffs.  Wild.

I agree with this. Houston is over rated. 

Pretty confident your playoff experience and chops will show up this week. I see you winning a close and ugly affair. Your coach will be aggressive and take some calculated risks. 

Only way you lose is - is if Hopkins go bananas imo

I agree with this. Houston is over rated. 

Pretty confident your playoff experience and chops will show up this week. I see you winning a close and ugly affair. Your coach will be aggressive and take some calculated risks. 

Only way you lose is - is if Hopkins go bananas imo
Which definitely could happen. The one thing that is not over rated on the Texans is Hopkins. He is a stud. Nate Burleson had a great quote about him that the QB can throw Hopkins a 50-50 ball and since it's going to Hopkins it's really an 80-20 ball. So true.

Users who are viewing this thread