What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which movie is better, Tarantino? (1 Viewer)

Dogs is timeless.  True Romance is not.

True Romance has more style than Dogs.

True Romance has a better cast.....but the prinicipals are a bit weaker.

Reservoir Dogs is more quotable.

Hopper v. Walken or Madonnas big #####?  I think, although Hopper scene is better.....the diner table scene is WAY more iconic.....as is the walk.

I go with Reservoir Dogs....just because it was first and (IMO) did more with less (less budget, less actors).  But I'm not going to begrudge anyone who likes TR better.   

True Romance. Haven't seen it in many years. I wish it would be added to Netflix or Prime. I may have to rent it soon just because I haven't seen it in so long.

I remember back in the mid 90s I was house/dog sitting for someone. A few friends came over to watch a movie. One guy showed up and said he brought a movie called "True Romance". We all responded "Dude, we're not watching a chick flick." He assured us it was a good movie, so we watched it. Best. Chick flick. Ever.

True Romance. Haven't seen it in many years. I wish it would be added to Netflix or Prime. I may have to rent it soon just because I haven't seen it in so long.

I remember back in the mid 90s I was house/dog sitting for someone. A few friends came over to watch a movie. One guy showed up and said he brought a movie called "True Romance". We all responded "Dude, we're not watching a chick flick." He assured us it was a good movie, so we watched it. Best. Chick flick. Ever.
had a similar thing once. we did a movie night with a bunch of friends, and after determining that nobody had seen True Romance, I brought that out to watch. I prefaced it by telling people "it's the best movie that most people have never seen". after watching it, they all agreed with me.

as a bonus, the guy who played Boris goes to my gym. :flex:

pretty cool when you watch a movie with no preconceived notions.  happened to me with True Romance.

awesome.

correct

wrote, but not directed
Seems weird to compare the two movies since he didn’t direct True Romance and there was a significant rewrite to the screenplay that Tarantino wasn’t involved in.

An interesting tidbit that does tie the two movies together though is that he sold the True Romance script for 50K in order to fund his directing of Reservoir Dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, True RomanceReservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction originated as a single long story/script, which QT divided up into three films. I also heard he sold off True Romance so that he could make Dogs on his own (despite Dogs being released first).
I believe it was one long story that was split up and became True Romance and Natural Born Killers.

Users who are viewing this thread