What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MAD Music League (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club

Footballguy

I set up a short (4 round) music league. It has room for up to 15 participants...just meant to be a fun test run to see if we want to try a longer one.

The basics: each round is a category (round 1 is simply "what are you listening to right now"). You have two days to submit a song, which creates a Spotify list, and then you have 2 days to listen and vote for your favorites.

I play through the website and have never downloaded the app.

Last edited:
I thought it could be a fun way to test the waters for possible future MAD ideas. I am sure my submission for Song 1 will be from one of the dozens of bands I've been working on playlists for.

I thought it could be a fun way to test the waters for possible future MAD ideas. I am sure my submission for Song 1 will be from one of the dozens of bands I've been working on playlists for.
It does create the playlist automatically, so it splits the work of one person building each playlist down to each person submitting their song. However, submissions cannot be pre-loaded, so each user has to submit during the open window (up to two days long).

I’m not sure I get the voting exactly but did my best.

I enjoyed something about every song, and I’d say 2 tied for my favorite that round.

I’m not sure how much we’re supposed to discuss before voting is done.

I enjoyed something about every song, and I’d say 2 tied for my favorite that round.

Yeah, I liked every song and just spread some votes around.

Yeah, I liked every song and just spread some votes around.
I've seen some people go 4-3-2-1 to show their favorites. Others spread votes around pretty evenly. We aren't being competitive, so no worries about how you do it.

I've had Typhoons on a loop. I thought about Royal Blood for a MAD artist, but they have only 4 albums and I thought it would be pushing it to find 31songs. I hadn't listened to the album this is on before a couple months ago and it's been in my head since the end of last year.

I've had Typhoons on a loop. I thought about Royal Blood for a MAD artist, but they have only 4 albums and I thought it would be pushing it to find 31songs. I hadn't listened to the album this is on before a couple months ago and it's been in my head since the end of last year.
If you check the results, you will see any comments left by others. Typhoons was my #2 most played song in 2021, and Royal Blood was a band I considered for my mid-poster festival round. Great band I've seen in person a few times.

I assume the other ones are just more bands by "popularity" As in my next one would be a headliner, mid poster is more an opening band for a headliner, and last one is a more unknown/side stage?

I assume the other ones are just more bands by "popularity" As in my next one would be a headliner, mid poster is more an opening band for a headliner, and last one is a more unknown/side stage?
Essentially, yeah. A headliner that could attract 20,000 people, a mid-card that would play a few hours earlier, and an unknown band you're hoping people discover by showing up early. For example, I went to Austin City Limits a few years ago. P!nk and RHCP headlined, Phoenix played at 6pm, and Wet Leg were at 2pm.

If you check the results, you will see any comments left by others. Typhoons was my #2 most played song in 2021, and Royal Blood was a band I considered for my mid-poster festival round. Great band I've seen in person a few times.
Nice. I saw that in the results and now that I understand a little more what is going on, I will utilize that site more as well.

I posted in the MAD threads that listening to a couple albums and nothing else from a band, even when I like them, is too common with me. That was the case with Royal Blood - I listen to the first two a bit and take songs by them for playlists, but never listened to the newest 2 albums. They sound a bit more like Muse now, but I like that as well.

I added Right Back to It (Waxahachee) and Ojai (Lissie) to my "finds" playlist. I know Waxahachee, but hadn't heard that song.

The Cars song was a classic.

The rest aren't my normal listening fare, but liked them all.

Oh, and I loved my song of course.

I know the slotting was something I was a little unsure of at first but my pick is headlining the last night of Bonaroo so he fits.

Tough choice on this one. The one I picked has only 2 albums while the other 2 had 5 or more, so I added them to the MAD31 possibilities list.

If we decide to do another league in the future, there is a lot of flexibility in the setup. We could use fewer up votes to take the emphasis further off that aspect of the site. The categories are completely free text, so we could do something like allowing each participant to choose a topic. The pace is also flexible.

If we decide to do another league in the future, there is a lot of flexibility in the setup. We could use fewer up votes to take the emphasis further off that aspect of the site. The categories are completely free text, so we could do something like allowing each participant to choose a topic. The pace is also flexible.
My wife expressed interest in joining in on a league if we do another. She promised she wouldn't join FBGs, though. :lol:

This was just a mini test run. The other league I am in does 15 rounds. I kinda like the idea of each person naming a category, but I can name them all again, too...I'd probably do a "Mount Rushmore" thing where one idea covers four submissions (e.g. your Mt Rushmore of female singers).

Users who are viewing this thread