What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2018 (2 Viewers)

Looking at prices and I think STL will be popular tonight on FD since Carpenter is just 3.2K and it looks like everybody else is sub 3K.  That will probably be a stack people use a lot with a higher priced SP.  

Huh.  They are projecting that Philly SP at less than 1% ownership tonight with Bauer, Verlander, and Hill combining for 50%.  IF Bauer or Verlander +  STL is the chalkier option, I might be looking to go De Los Santos and jam in a bunch of bats.  

Huh.  They are projecting that Philly SP at less than 1% ownership tonight with Bauer, Verlander, and Hill combining for 50%.  IF Bauer or Verlander +  STL is the chalkier option, I might be looking to go De Los Santos and jam in a bunch of bats.  

My De Los Santos LU: C-1B/ Goldschmidt, 2B/ LeMahieu, 3B/ Escobar, SS/ Ahmed, OF/ Choo - Rosario - Pham, UTL/ Moreland.

My De Los Santos LU: C-1B/ Goldschmidt, 2B/ LeMahieu, 3B/ Escobar, SS/ Ahmed, OF/ Choo - Rosario - Pham, UTL/ Moreland.
I like it.  I did a handful with him on FD b/c it was just fun to see the LUs loaded up with bats.  A couple of mine:

Goldy Marte Carpenter Ahmed Pollock Pham Hicks Gyorko

Contreras Baez Bote Russell JD Mart Betts K.Hernandez Moreland

I thought I saw that Holland was going tonight instead of Cueto, so I did a couple Cubs-R stacks on the cheap.

I missed the Cueto news until it was too late. Hopefully you saw the Pham late scratch which I just saw but wasn't using.

My FD Dela Santos

Moreland Hernandez Arenado Story JDmart  Williams Hernandez Carpenter

On DK

EDL Hellickson Ramos Moreland Robertson Duffy Bogarts Betts Benitendi Williams ( currently in 1st)

Went to bed in 1st but knew it wouldn't hold up as only had 142+. Finished in 7th for .87 and a .12 profit as my other lineups didn't do much.

Going to skip the early slate on DK as Lynn is the only SP I'd consider. The main slate is a little tricky too due to pricing. You have Sale,Degromm, Folty and McCullers at the top in good spots but its kind of a crapshoot from there. I like Peralta but not sure I can pay over 10k for him. Carrasco facing the red hot Reds is ok but at 9.5k can't really pair him with 1 of the top 2 guys. Gonzales,Barria,Rodon and Velasquez about the best of the rest.

Probably try a couple LUs with Sale or DeGrom on FD and attempt to find some value.  

J.Marte if he plays might be an option at 2.0K,  StL is cheap again, W.Sox lefties, Healy, and Holt were guys I wrote down on first scan.  

Looking at the plate IQ, the bottom of the order StL guys are interesting, even cheaper, and it might be a lower owned option.  On the year they have the better ISO stats: Gyorko, DeJong, Bader, and Munoz all have ISOs over .200 on the year.  Doing a wrap around stack with 3 of them and Carpenter could be interesting.  

I also like Clev-L, Milwaukee, Color, Seattle-R, and Boston tonight too, but not sure who I would pair those teams with as far as SP goes.  On DK I am thinking about fading DeGrom and Sale and pairing 2 SPs like Folty, Vince V, Maeda, Carrasco, Lucchesi, Gray, Bundy.  

I have to decide on what combo I like for similar $:  something like Sale/Gray or Carrasco/Folty.    Not sure with the good SPs going today that a combo like Gray/Lucchesi is enough to keep up, but for 25cents, I still might look at that more.  

So far have Sale Vince V with Arenado Lemahieu and some scrubs and Folty/Peralta SD/Hou stack

On FD have Peralta with Col,Atl and Still bats.
Like it.  Placeholder on FD for the $1 entries is Sale and the STL wrap around (Gyorko, Bader, Munoz, Carpenter)  with Alonso, Palka, Shaw, and K.Tucker as fillers.   Sale + that stack left 3K/player.  

Placeholder for the  25cent entries currently is similar fillers but with Gray and the Clev-L stack.  

Colon shutting down my Bos stack( w/Maeda, Gonzalez), be a good night for Hou to finally come through for me as they are all under 5%.

Have 1 Clev and Gray LU, but it's not doing much since my 3 one off all have 0s.  4th one is Healy. 

That's the only one currently cashing.  Went heavier on cheap Bost guys and Milwaukee tonight. 

Sounds dumb, but I think there is such a thing as too many good SPs going, especially for this size of a slate.   Value is near impossible on DK unless you skip on trying to use 2 of the good guys.  (I thought about using Gibson, but the weather there looks to be bad, but will keep an eye on that).  Basically on both sites that I see the savings are mostly Toronto, Mets, and Pitts bats.

I think FD is a tad easier since we just need 1 SP, but still the same.  We also have to decide which of the 6 studs to use.  

Not sure I want to use many Pitts-R, I THINK the best spots to look at are Wash-R, and LaD-L and using cheap guys from Pitts, Toronto, etc. for fillers.  (started with FD)

2 ideas I wrote down:

Scherzer Grandal Travis Freese Miller Toles M.Taylor Joc Muncy

Paxton Reynolds Travis Rendon Mercer Toles Taylor Harper Muncy

Sounds dumb, but I think there is such a thing as too many good SPs going, especially for this size of a slate.   Value is near impossible on DK unless you skip on trying to use 2 of the good guys.  (I thought about using Gibson, but the weather there looks to be bad, but will keep an eye on that).  Basically on both sites that I see the savings are mostly Toronto, Mets, and Pitts bats.

I think FD is a tad easier since we just need 1 SP, but still the same.  We also have to decide which of the 6 studs to use.  
I was kind of thinking the same thing about SP but will be pairing Matz with one of the top guys(Max,Paxton,Snell) to save some cash for bats. Severino/Kluber facing off so going to skip them and most likely the bats from this game. For bats going to play as many Dodgers lefties as possible then mix in a couple TB guys and 1 off values.

A case could be made for using Skaggs or Stripling tonight too. Maybe build the ultimate gpp all or nothing lineup with 1 of them and Matz then stack Yanks and Cle. 

I think I am going to go with the all-in approach with Stripling.  Will do 6 .25 GPP lineups with him and try a variety of hitter combinations.

Will avoid the big pitcher opponents (though I like RW idea to stack NYY and CLE as a flyer).

Stripling is on the list for sure, and my guess is that he will the be most popular option tonight being the lowest priced of the studs and going against probably the worst team.  If people are paying up, I would guess that Scherzer vs. Mets would be the target.   I THINK that leaves Severino, Kluber, Paxton as the lower owned gpp options.  I actually liked Snell the best of the options, but it looks like the weather might take that option away.  

I guess what I am saying/thinking is that since there isn't a great low salary option, the higher owned options will probably be stud + values, so for gpps the best way for leverage is the lowest owned stud SP(not sure who that would be) to pair with the chalky values, or like RW said, just go YOLO and take a stab at the stud offenses.  

Of the Os vs. great SPs, I guess I would put NY at the top b/c of the bad bullpen behind Kluber and they are on the road. 

A case could be made for using Skaggs or Stripling tonight too. Maybe build the ultimate gpp all or nothing lineup with 1 of them and Matz then stack Yanks and Cle. 
Not sure I'll have the balls to keep it without mixing in some more Dodgers but have this in a $1 SE

Stripling Matz Gomes Muncy Kipnis Andujar Lindor Bellinger Hicks Stanton

Ended up with 7 Stripling and 2 Miley lineups.   Hope Muncy has a good game.  Also, both Bautista and Conforto seem to hit Scherzer well and at 2400 and 2300 they ended up in a couple lineups.   Avoided NY/CLev/TB/Min/LAA/SEA for the most part.  Would really like TOR to get their lineup in, I am using a few of them that are cheap (I don't like David Price) but not sure they are playing.

Also, played Toles from LAD -- if he does not play I am going to have to scramble because he is only $2K and probably won't know his status until late.

ETA -- Tor worked out very well, $2300 for 2b hitting 2nd and Grichuk and Teo Hernandez are both cheap at 1st and 3rd in lineup

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess I am sticking with my initial thought of Dodgers-L and Wash-R as the main focus for the $1 LUs.   Stuck mostly with the same bats, and mixed in SPs.  I have a couple Snell LUs in there, as RG thinks it might be more of a delay and play late, but I could try Paxton for the same price too.  

Have a few 25cent LUs reserved and not sure what to do with them yet.  

Not sure I'll have the balls to keep it without mixing in some more Dodgers but have this in a $1 SE

Stripling Matz Gomes Muncy Kipnis Andujar Lindor Bellinger Hicks Stanton
Broke down and mixed in a few more Dodgers.

Stripling Matz Grandal Muncy Utley Ramirez Lindor Stanton Judge Hernandez

Good luck all, I'll especially need it

Bummer, I had Justin Turner in one lineup but had to be away from my computer.  Had I known I could have same price swapped in Rendon, but instead I got stuck with Seager.  Dang life getting in the way.

And Pearce coming out does not help either...

Dodgers really need to do something or yet another dud night on tap.   Had a bit of Rendon and Taillon, but not much else around them, I guess.  

Unsurprisingly I didn't cash either. Taillon/Gibson as my 2nd SP would've helped but real problem was I picked the wrong Yanks and Dodgers were a bust.

Just two of the 8 min cashed for me.  Max Muncy (and all LAD) and Steve Pearce tanked a number of lineups.  Not sure what the plan will be tonight with so many games.  May try and see how many guys from SEA/COL I can get into my lineup.  

Got my butt handed to me last night and went 0-fer.    Last night as I watched Paxton, Kluber, Severino, Scherzer, Snell throw duds I had a flash of my post from probably a month ago where I said that it's probably not worth it to pay for SPs in gpps, especially on FD.  Maybe I should listen to myself a little more, as I had a bit of Taillon, but not nearly enough as I was convinced that one of those other guys had a better shot at a 50+pt game.  

On to today, where there is 0 worry about stud SPs on this slate... 

Just two of the 8 min cashed for me.  Max Muncy (and all LAD) and Steve Pearce tanked a number of lineups.  Not sure what the plan will be tonight with so many games.  May try and see how many guys from SEA/COL I can get into my lineup.  
I just saw a projected LU that didn't have Cruz in there.  Not sure if he got dinged last night or something, but that would hurt their scoring a bit.  On the plus side, it would make the stack a little cheaper.  

Busy at work and not really into doing much research today. Just going to do a pickem or 2 on DK and 1 SE lineup for $1. Sticking with Eovaldi and stacks of Mil and Mets.

Busy at work and not really into doing much research today. Just going to do a pickem or 2 on DK and 1 SE lineup for $1. Sticking with Eovaldi and stacks of Mil and Mets.
Be warned... that's what I also just wrote down for myself.  

Looking at stats more, I kept landing on A.Sanchez, so I will try that.  AZ has 4th lowest (sub .300) team wOBA on the season and 24% K rate.   I did throw Chatwood in a 25cent entry on FD b/c you aren't dinged for walks there.  

I did throw a few WTF 25 cent Seattle entries in there, but concentrated on the mid-lower end of the batting order hoping for lower ownership.  Since they were cheap I threw together 2 LUs with Seager, Span, Gamel, Healy and a low SP.  One was a Coors stack:  Sanchez Healy A.Cabrera Seager Story Gamel Span Blackmon Gonzales.  

My WTF LU with a late hammer was stacking Cubs with Yankees:  Contreras Baez Bryant Kingery Hicks Judge Gardner Bird.

I went with cheap pitchers and COL/SEA hitters with some BALT/TEX and PHI thrown in.   My hitting portfolio is not very diversified, so a 2-1 Col-Sea game will knock out everyone of my lineups. 

Pitchers used: Borucki, Chatwood, Keller, Jackson, Oddorizi, and Pena

Figured it was Friday so I would throw caution to the wind and go all in with my $2 (8x.25)!

Good luck everyone

Still managed to stay + on the night.  Up $3 on DK and down a tad on FD.   On DK one was a Seattle stack, the other Color stack.  If only I would have combined the SPs better, as one was a CMart/Shields combo and the other was Sanchez/Borucki.  FD the main one that cashed was of course a Coors stack and I had Sanchez with that one too.  

Just looking now at how today's slates are broken up on the sites.  

Also, @Raging weasel, did you see that FD has their version of the pick 'em?  The unfortunate thing is that it's 3 SPs and 3bats, and the reason you usually do those is to avoid a slate with crappy pitching.  

Slightly + day yesterday.  LeMahieu was a late scratch, so I had move a couple pieces around to get in Baez instead and he came through.  Also rolled out Gray and that worked out.  Not a big day, but + is +.  

On to the last day before the all-star break.  

On the road again this weekend, so I will probably only take a stab at a SE or two.  Probably a good thing since I didn't really see a ton of teams that I wanted to attack bats on today.  Pitts has one of the best matchups, but the highest shot at rain too.    Even with the ballpark and heat, I looked at Bauer.  Gpp options I was looking at Gaviglio on FD for 5.5K vs. the Machado-less Orioles.  Duffy stood out too, considering how bad Minn is vs. LHP.  

DK I am considering a SE LU with Duffy and Sam G and load up on whatever bat I want.  That would only be 13K for pitching (less that Bauer :lol: ), and I think it has some upside.  

I'm using quite a bit of Duffy/Gaviglio along with Arrietta,Gibson and 1 with Strasburg. I know he's facing Yanks but has good K upside,may be sneaky and 9.3k is a decent discount.

For bats love Cle(Guyer 2k on FD and 3.3 at DK my play of the day). LAD looks good but probably super chalky and the same with Bos. Seager for Seat also seems too cheap so doing a stack with him. Also doing a hedge stack with Yanks lefties.

I'm using quite a bit of Duffy/Gaviglio along with Arrietta,Gibson and 1 with Strasburg. I know he's facing Yanks but has good K upside,may be sneaky and 9.3k is a decent discount.

For bats love Cle(Guyer 2k on FD and 3.3 at DK my play of the day). LAD looks good but probably super chalky and the same with Bos. Seager for Seat also seems too cheap so doing a stack with him. Also doing a hedge stack with Yanks lefties.
Yeah, I am guessing that LaD, Clev, and Bost will be the places people look to.  

I like the Guyer call.  Another that I wrote down as a late night guy is A.Garcia.  Not sure his FD price, but he was 3.4K on DK, and I thought that was a bit too cheap.  

Sunday was one of those days that I was kicking myself for looking at my phone so much.  I had a cheap SP and high bats, and the popular build was a expensive SP and I think Balt and W.Sox for cheap teams.   The big bats started off well, but then the cheap teams kicked in.  In the course of about 35mins I checked and went from being up $250 to being down $3 on FD.  :lol:   Did better on DK and I think won $14 there, but I sure was wishing I didn't check the scores at those times. 

Users who are viewing this thread