What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB dot COM Message Boards have been taken down (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Not sure if anyone knew or was ever a member of the MLB.com message boards with team individual sites. They've been around since 2002 or so. Anyway I got a message from ironically my ESPN Football keeper league from someone who post on my Phillies board saying the board is gone. So I went to check and it's no longer there and brings you back to mlb.com page saying sorry the board is no longer available you can continue you baseball talk on our social media sites. I posted at the Phillies board since Fall of 06 had almost 85K posts on there between three different accounts (Two banned yes I was a little unhinged arguing with trolls and stuff back in my younger yrs) and MLB just got rid of the boards without even giving any notice to the members there. Anyway it was a fun time and I met a few members in person at games. I'm not as upset about the board going down as maybe I should be. I made a few enemies not all my fault as the boards were kinda of clicky and there were groups of posters if you didn't agree with them they basically bullied you. I also was not a 4 for 4 guy as we say in Philly in Sports teams because I didn't like the 76ers and this led to huge fight between me and another poster calling me a front runner of the teams I liked. He was jackass and another poster stepped in. I have a learning disability as well which kind of made what this guy did worse. It was all because I said something about not liking the Andrew Bynum trade and I wasn't the only poster on there saying that. I ended up with a few problems with others who I ignored and there was one dude there that use to bring up old posts and liked to do "GOTCHA MOMENTS" where he proved you wrong or lied. Seriously how pathetic is your life you have to go through old post and our search engine was terrible so it might take an hour or so to even find the post as well. Either way he use to run in circles argument wise and I finally put him on ignore about 1 1/2 yrs ago which made the board more enjoyable for me as he use to try to egg me on. I guess the board got bad for me because a lot of the posters I did talk to left and the majority was a group I didn't like. I just hope we are able to continue our Keeper Baseballl and football leagues which we've had for almost 8 yrs from the board 

Anyway I wasn't sure if anyone posted on the MLB boards or not or use to and figured I'd give them a heads up. 

I had no idea mlb had message boards. 
Most people in the yrs after I want to say 2012 or so didn't know. MLB.com had a fan quote section on their website back then that quoted a post of the day from their main board. They then had individual team forums on each teams site. You had to go to fan interactions and forums or something to get into it. It was neat but my board never had a Section created for off topics like others did and the mods were weird with what they allowed and didn't and who they banned. After 2012 or so they got rid of the fan quote thing. I use to post of the Phillies and the MLB.com board for College Football, Soccer and wrestling plus talk to other teams fans. That board was a bit immature with kiddies though. I remember 4 or so yrs ago we talked on there about MLB probably getting rid of the boards soon. We didn't think it'd happen for another few yrs though. However I noticed many of the boards were getting less traffic as the yrs went by. the MLB board was a complete ghost town by 2016. I use to go on there after school and or work and would have to go to the second page sometimes to find the thread I was interested in that was POSTED IN THAT DAY do to all the new topics. It got to the point where many thread hadn't been updated in months. There just wasn't much interest anymore. My board a lot of great posters left but I have a feeling that was more do to a certain crowd of posters taking over the board then anything else. I got a few emails from people they left because o this or that posters and it was usually the same guilty parties as the last. When I'd confront them they'd throw it back at me people left because of me One guy even showed emails we had sent confidential to each other with names of posters SNs and stuff we had been talking about. It was a real scumbag move by him too. I'm kind of glad its gone in one area because these clowns started getting on my nerves and basically bullying me and a few others who didn't think like them.  

NREC34 said:
Everyone know that Bynum trade was good smh. 
For LAL not the 76ers. I was talking to a bunch of 76ers fans. I'm a Philly guy but no one in my family at the time was a huge basketball fan besides an adopted "cousin" who I've been close with. He was a big MJ Bulls guy and well the rest is history. Also tried to get into the 76ers but they got rid of my Favorite player on the team in Stackhouse. I work in retail and one of my old department managers back from 2007-16 worked at the main line store which is close to our news stations. Allen Iverson, John LeClair (Who lives in my area and shops at my work), McNabb and a lot of other athletes and famous people shopped at that store. From talking to my manager and other employees of that store AI was the worst one they ever had and in our line of work a customer being that bad says something. 76ers Security and PR use to have to pay my boss's boss off with free tickets and team paraphernalia just so they wouldn't charge AI. Basically he said if we had social media and the internet we did today and AI pulled that crap a lot of fans probably would look at the guy a lot differently today. This dude threw his wife out of their house nude as well as pulling a gun on her and a guy she was was just friends with. Add in that Billy King disbanded the whole finals team I could never get into the team. I was pretty vehement against the 76ers tanking and even call out Bulls fans today for it as well as the org. So the board knew my dislike of AI and the 76ers already. Plus I'm the type who likes to call out bandwagon fans so this clown going after me tried to throw it back at me. Either way the whole thing was incredible childish on the poster who attacked me part and I've called out other posters on the board for yrs who tried to act like my friend while they sat back and did nothing because they were butt buddies with the guy for lack of better wording. The whole thing was so bad there was like 5 people from other team boards including our rival Mets board who came in to defend me on my behalf. Basically made the dude look like a Jackass. The rest weren't attacking my fandom just didn't agree with me on the trade being bad. 

I'm not a 76ers fan and never will be and it's that simple. I tried to get into them but couldn't. I get sick to my stomach every single time I'm on social media or see the news here in Philly praising AI or giving him some type of award. My theory always has been he was the reason they were so good but also why they never won anything if that makes any sense. I also tore my ACL and went to NOVACARE for rehab which were owned and founded by former Sixers co owner Pat Croce who I became friends with because I went to the one closes to his house and he was there daily. He admitted to me he wished they never babied AI like they did but he didn't have the power other people had to do anything. I ran into at Novacare when I was rehabbing a weak hip from playing sports that was giving me issues when the news of AI being almost broke, gambling and alcohol addiction came out. We both started talking about and it and got to the point neither of us were surprised. The 76ers basically enabled a lot of AI's poor behavior and Pat even told me he felt a bit responsible for what the dude became. Also since he was traded he wanted nothing to do with the team and only came back that 1 yr out of desperation. Now since he needs money and he's not in the news he's come crawling back for any sort of job. People say AI isn't broke as he has a fund with millions put aside. Well his Agent and someone else control those funds and won't let him have a dime of it till they believe he's on the straight and narrow. Last I heard they were at this point gonna save it for his ex and 5 children but that was awhile back and could change

Not sure if anyone knew or was ever a member of the MLB.com message boards with team individual sites. They've been around since 2002 or so. Anyway I got a message from ironically my ESPN Football keeper league from someone who post on my Phillies board saying the board is gone. So I went to check and it's no longer there and brings you back to mlb.com page saying sorry the board is no longer available you can continue you baseball talk on our social media sites. I posted at the Phillies board since Fall of 06 had almost 85K posts on there between three different accounts (Two banned yes I was a little unhinged arguing with trolls and stuff back in my younger yrs) and MLB just got rid of the boards without even giving any notice to the members there. Anyway it was a fun time and I met a few members in person at games. I'm not as upset about the board going down as maybe I should be. I made a few enemies not all my fault as the boards were kinda of clicky and there were groups of posters if you didn't agree with them they basically bullied you. I also was not a 4 for 4 guy as we say in Philly in Sports teams because I didn't like the 76ers and this led to huge fight between me and another poster calling me a front runner of the teams I liked. He was jackass and another poster stepped in. I have a learning disability as well which kind of made what this guy did worse. It was all because I said something about not liking the Andrew Bynum trade and I wasn't the only poster on there saying that. I ended up with a few problems with others who I ignored and there was one dude there that use to bring up old posts and liked to do "GOTCHA MOMENTS" where he proved you wrong or lied. Seriously how pathetic is your life you have to go through old post and our search engine was terrible so it might take an hour or so to even find the post as well. Either way he use to run in circles argument wise and I finally put him on ignore about 1 1/2 yrs ago which made the board more enjoyable for me as he use to try to egg me on. I guess the board got bad for me because a lot of the posters I did talk to left and the majority was a group I didn't like. I just hope we are able to continue our Keeper Baseballl and football leagues which we've had for almost 8 yrs from the board 

Anyway I wasn't sure if anyone posted on the MLB boards or not or use to and figured I'd give them a heads up. 
This has to be a Magaw alias. Has to be.

But what does all that have to do with the actual trade???
It really doesn't. I'm giving you background why they didn't take my apparent opinion seriously. This is an issue I've ran into with 76ers. Some on social media will even call you not a real fan if you don't "Trust The Whole Process" or don't give any Credit to Hinkie. This was well before that but even then some fans got really butthurt if you weren't drinking the the Blue and white Kool Aid. The guy just didn't like me because I had a different opinion. One of the other posters on there is a Lakers/76ers too. He was saying the same stuff about Bynum as me. I said I didn't like it do to his injuries, he seemed to not care at all and acted lazy, didn't seem liked in the locker room among a lot of other red flags right now escape me. I was basically called a hater for not liking the trade and the guy came after me with the typical "You're just scared because the 76ers having Bynum might threaten the Bulls success." Uh no I wasn't I didn't like it from a 76ers stand point and if I was a fan of the team I would've blasted the trade. I also liked Mo Harkless who turned into a nice role player starter. I thought the contract they gave Iggy at the time was ridiculous and I think he is in a great role of what he always was suppose to be in the NBA on GS. It's a great fit unlike the 76ers teams he was on where he was considered the first of 2nd option. The guy didn't attack me because he didn't agree with my opinion of what I gave him. He attacked me just because I was a fan of another team disagreeing with him on the trade. He basically attacked me for not liking the trade because he thought I was "Jealous", "Another teams fan in the same conference" "A Hater" etc. There was no context of arguing my actual opinion on the trade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
NREC34 said:
Never mind

thinking of Mo Cheeks
Either way Harkless became a very serviceable player. Considering the Sixers rosters over the last several yrs he would've been considering one of their top players at one point which shows just how bad they made to team which I know was for intentional reasons. I've notice since the board closed and I haven't had to get on I'm less emotional. Maybe it's because there were people there who were basically egging me on and #### there. 

Users who are viewing this thread