What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roseanne Barr tweets racist comment; her show is canceled (1 Viewer)

Yep - people change and having every comment/mistake archived for perpetuity isn't fair.  Reid should have and did get a pass there.

I noted Behar, though - she should absolutely be ####canned and blackballed.  Hers and Roseanne's situations are very, very similar.
Behar said that religious people are crazy. Most of the problems in this world are because of religious people and their beliefs. All of them swear by their God yet there are hundreds of different gods.  You cant compare her opinion on religion with an inarguably racist remark saying a black woman looks like the offspring of an ape.  It's ridiculous to even suggest it. 

why does Bill Maher still have a job ?

https://thinkprogress.org/bill-maher-racist-history-b1d9c74283cd/

Roseanne was wrong, and so is all the hate given to Trump and Sarah Sanders and Melania too. Until we all start calling it all for what it is, the division in America will get worse and worse and worse
If Rubio or Kasich or anyone not named Trump were president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Trump is an outlier conman happy to divide the country and make a profit while doing so.

Maher's comment was very stupid, but you don't really see the difference between what he said (which arguably poked fun/criticism at the institution of slavery) and Roseanne's comment? 
i'm pretty liberal and progressive and used to watch Maher pretty regularly.  But he engages in some pretty defamatory racism in his jokes and has been borderline Islamophobic for a while now.  The house N moment was when I stopped following and watching him.  

And if the nazis reach their goal, the left basically loses forever. 
I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 179th time last night and I couldn’t help but notice that aside from melting their faces the Angels also consumed their corpses and left no evidence of the 60 or so soldiers who had just been annihilated. Who were they? I’d imagine that the best, most hard core soldiers were assigned to front line duty in combat while it was likely conscientious objectors who were assigned the archaeological work. Dunno, it just seems like a moral conundrum, but also Indy & Marion are spared the sight of the human desolation which has just occurred before them. Thoughts?

I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 179th time last night and I couldn’t help but notice that aside from melting their faces the Angels also consumed their corpses and left no evidence of the 60 or so soldiers who had just been annihilated. Who were they? I’d imagine that the best, most hard core soldiers were assigned to front line duty in combat while it was likely conscientious objectors who were assigned the archaeological work. Dunno, it just seems like a moral conundrum, but also Indy & Marion are spared the sight of the human desolation which has just occurred before them. Thoughts?
I think the Illuminati and Trilateral commission were probably involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
A boycott, probably Disney & ESPN too. Go ahead, deny yourself ABC’s amazing sitcom lineup, your kids a life memory, and yourself college sports & sportscenter.
The thing about all these boycotts is the company's already expect it by now, and they don't seem to care.

Theres 2 different games being played here.  The left is trying to get a clear majority to vote out trump in 2020.  The nazis are trying to convert 25%-30% of the US population so they can overthrow the government with the help of china and russia.  The left can achieve its goal with things like cancelling roseanne but those sorts of things will also lead to the nazis achieving their goal.  And if the nazis reach their goal, the left basically loses forever. 
give it a rest dude

i'm pretty liberal and progressive and used to watch Maher pretty regularly.  But he engages in some pretty defamatory racism in his jokes and has been borderline Islamophobic for a while now.  The house N moment was when I stopped following and watching him.  
I like his show for the platform it gives his guests, him I could do without. Most of the time he's not even funny, and that's supposed to be his thing. Then there's the unsavory stuff he's said that you mention. Keep the show, replace him with someone else.

I like his show for the platform it gives his guests, him I could do without. Most of the time he's not even funny, and that's supposed to be his thing. Then there's the unsavory stuff he's said that you mention. Keep the show, replace him with someone else.
Maher does a lot of stuff at HBO like the vice series....that's a good program.....the politically incorrect format has run its course....what he said in that show awhile back is terrible....surprised he didn't get canned for it honestly....

Stealthycat said:

why does Bill Maher still have a job ?
1. because Bill Maher doesn't work for Disney.

2. because Bill Maher's employer (HBO) is not at risk of an advertiser boycott.

3. because Bill Maher did not use racially-charged language.

4. for the same reason that you don't get fired for calling someone "cracker".

Ted Nugent is a conservative hero. I bet there isn't a single Trumpfan here that doesn't nod their head in agreement when he rants.

And I'm not talking about you rockaction. I know you are a Heideggeriean virtual-Fuedalist mixed with superfly etheral plane Hericlitean axiologic epiphenomenalism. ;)

Ted Nugent is a conservative hero. I bet there isn't a single Trumpfan here that doesn't nod their head in agreement when he rants.

And I'm not talking about you rockaction. I know you are a Heideggeriean virtual-Fuedalist mixed with superfly etheral plane Hericlitean axiologic epiphenomenalism. ;)
I chuckled.

Sand said:

I noted Behar, though - she should absolutely be ####canned and blackballed. Hers and Roseanne's situations are very, very similar.
Joy Behar's situation is not similar to Roseanne at all. Behar said that people who hear voices in their head are showing signs of mental illness. Not only is that not controversial, but it's 100% true.

And if Omarosa's claim about Mike Pence is true (that he hears voices), then it's a topic that absolutely should be discussed publicly.

You're misremembering my thoughts on why I voted the way I did - there is absolutely nothing in that thread that indicates I thought our sitting Senator was worse than Moore.  Frankly, that's a pretty ####ty thing to say.

Also, I did vote against him in the primary.  If I was a Democrat I would have voted against him a few times (<--- just to be clear, this is a joke).

You also fundamentally misunderstood the difference between the effects of voting for someone, abstaining, and voting for an opponent.  And given your comments above you still may.

ETA:  Ran into Doug Jones today.  He was at the Rickwood Classic.  The old ball field was a great shape for the game.  The good guys kicked the crap out of those evil hillbillies from Chattanooga.
Ah, the Rickwood.  As I recall it is the Birmingham Dirty Hicks vs. the Chattanooga Dirty Hicks, right?

Jesus, you don’t understand him at all.  Hericlitean? It’s like you don’t even read his posts. 

Are you talking about the one he had to adopt in order to ####? Or somebody else? 
No. Courtney Love, in her autobiography, said that the first sex she ever had was giving Nugent a BJ backstage at one of his concerts when she was a 13 year old child. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  You’re like the 9th guy to bring up Bill Maher. What’s wrong with Keith Olbermann, Joy Behar, Joy Reid, and Michelle Wolff? 
Olbermann, wolff, behar, waaaaaay lower on the crap ladder. Maher overall is higher than those but still also way lower.

Joy reid's comments about gays though are very comparable. 

Users who are viewing this thread