What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 qbs in the 1st round and they go............ (1 Viewer)

twood

Footballguy
Josh Allen goes to the Cleveland Brown.

I don't agree but I think this is who the pick will be. I think Cle has known for awhile that this was going to be the pick. They knew it would take a year or two to get Allen up to speed so they signed/traded for, a perfect stop gap QB. I believe if they were going to pick Mayfield or Darnold, they would want them to start right away.

Baker Mayfield goes #3 to the NYJ

I think he is the best QB in this class and he is ready to go. Finally the NYJs have a franchise QB

Sam Darnold goes to Buffalo with the 5th pick.

I think Denver reaches a trade with Buffalo and moves back and I think Buffalo is dancing in the street with their franchise qb for the next 15 years. I wouldn't be surprised is Buffalo has Darnold #1 on their board. I think Denver would be ecstatic to pick up both #1's and maybe another pick

Josh Rosen to the New England Patriots with the 9th pick.

I think NE sees the end of an era coming and they need to think about life after Brady. I think the #1 trait NE looks for in a QB is accuracy and I think Rosen is a perfect fit for them. I think NE has more ammo than they ever have in the past and they are in a great position to give what is needed to get in the top 10. I think SF would love the 2 #1's and maybe an early 2 and 4 or so to keep building up their team.

Lamar Jackson goes to Arizona at #15.

I think Arizona would be very happy to stay at #15 and get a qb. I could make the argument that Jackson is the best QB for Arizona due to being able to make offense on his own. I love Fitz, but he is near the finish line for his career. DJ is awesome but the weapons on offense after him are few to none. Jackson can make that offense go.

I heard an amazing stat about Jackson that I still cant believe is true. Lamar Jackson, at the QB position, had more rushing yards and more rushing tds than Saquon Barkley did.

Let that sink in. He is a special player!

Thoughts..................................................

I heard an amazing stat about Jackson that I still cant believe is true. Lamar Jackson, at the QB position, had more rushing yards and more rushing tds than Saquon Barkley did.

Let that sink in. He is a special player!

Thoughts..................................................
Trivia question: name the QB with the most rushing yards in NCAA history.

Hint: he has roughly 1.5x that of Ezekiel Elliott.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keenan Reynolds. What’s he up to now?
Exactly.

Not to say that Lamar Jackson won't be a stud, but that stat doesn't usually correlate well. Tebow, VY, Eric crouch, Pat white...I think denard Robinson is up there somewhere...

Exactly.

Not to say that Lamar Jackson won't be a stud, but that stat doesn't usually correlate well. I think denard Robinson is up there somewhere...
Ahh, Shoelaces. He was never really a great passer though, sadly. Go Blue. 

The difference is Jackson can pass also. Those other guys wwre mostly option qbs. Jackson played on a prostyle offense, won the heisman and had those rushing numbers

The difference is Jackson can pass also. Those other guys wwre mostly option qbs. Jackson played on a prostyle offense, won the heisman and had those rushing numbers
Sure. I think he's closer to McNabb than Pat white. Of course I also liked Vince young...

My guesses

i think that Cleveland will take Josh Allen with his big hands. 

Jets look to be making a mistake and taking Baker

buffalo moves up to Indy as price is just 2nd rounder. They want to keep other 1st. If Denver takes QB, they are good with the other. Theytake Josh Rosen. Instant starter for them. 

Arizona moves up to Tampa Bay. With Saquon, Chubb and Nelsongone, they can move back and get 2nd this year and next. Cards take Sam Darnold

Jags take Lamar Jackson 

Giants move up to 32 and take Rudolph. 

New England is taking Lauletta at 65

For you guys saying Browns take Josh Allen, do you think they take him at 1.01 or 1.04? I'm guessing they could get him at 1.04 with either the Giants and Jets not taking him even if they both go QB and take Barkley or Chubb at 1.01 then.

1. CLE - Darnold

2. NYG - Rosen

3. NYJ - Mayfield 

6. MIA (from Ind) - Allen

11. BAL (from IND...again)  - Jackson

Colts hailed as huge winners with the double trade down to 11 then 16, until they spend all that extra draft capital acquired on wide receivers.

1. Sam Darnold - Browns

There's been a ton of obfuscation from the Browns about who their first pick will be, but I'm sticking with Darnold here.

2. Baker Mayfield - Jets

Their love for him has been obvious, they get their guy at 1.03

3. Josh Allen - Bills

I think they trade up to 5 or 6 to get him, both the Broncos and Colts are apparently looking to trade down. I'd take Rosen if I were them, but it seems like they're into Allen.

4. Josh Rosen - Patriots

There was buzz a little while ago linking Rosen to the Patriots, and at first blush I thought it was kinda impossible - but neither the Giants nor Broncos seem too keen on drafting a top QB this year, and the teams picking 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are all set at QB for now, so...It could happen. They have the ammo to make a big move - I agree with the OP that San Fran at 1.09 is a good possibility.

5. Lamar Jackson - Saints

I think Jackson could go a number of other places - Arizona, Baltimore, New England, Jacksonville - but I'll put him with the Saints for now. They still need an heir to Brees after missing out on Mahomes last year.

Patriots trading up with the 49ers after the 49ers just traded for their prior young QB would be a fun story.

It seems Rosen is falling beneath Jackson in some mocks I've seen recently.  What is going on there?

I’ll take a stab...

1.01- Cleveland- Sam Darnold

1.02- Buffalo (trade)- Josh Allen

1.03- Jets- Baker Mayfield 

1.11- Miami- Josh Rosen

1.15- Arizona- Lamar Jackson 

1.31- New England- Mason Rudolph 

Cleveland: Darnold.

Giants Rosen

Jets Mayfield

Buffalo Allen (trade up with Oakland)

Jackson falls to second round to Arizona

twood said:
I think Young could have been better with better coaching. Jeff Fisher would make Peyton Manning look like JP Losman
I think Vince was a good NFL QB, he was just taken down by mental issues in what should have been his prime. It's partly Fisher's fault, but not because he's an old school defensive coach who can't do offense, but rather because he couldn't manage Vince (maybe no one could, but Fisher didn't want him in the first place which didn't help). I don't think Lamar is as good a pro prospect as Vince, Vick, Watson, but it's dumb to mention him with Pat White, Robinson, and Reynolds.

Users who are viewing this thread