What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Gene Hackman's signature role? (1 Viewer)

What role defines Gene Hackman?

• Popeye Doyle - The French Connection & II

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • Harry Caul - The Conversation

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Blind Man - Young Frankenstein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lex Luthor - Superman

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Norman Dale - Hoosiers

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Anderson - Mississippi Burning

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Reverend Scott - Poseidon Adventure

• Bill Daggett - Unforgiven

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Avery Tolar - The Firm

• ramsey - Crimson Tide

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Edward Lyle - Enemy of the State

• Royal Tenenbaum - The Royal Tenebaums

• Other

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters

badmojo1006

Footballguy
Lot of Choices, but I went with Popeye Doyle. Won his first Oscar and such a magnificent, gritty performance  

thought he was great in The Firm... and really so many others. hard not to vote for the conversation or french connection, but first role that popped in the head was hoosiers. so I went with that (and given the demographic in here, I assume will be the runaway winner)

Gotta have a lot of heart to be so conflicted a hero on one hand, so winning & grinning a villain on the other. Coach Dale shows that heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta have a lot of heart to be so well conflicted on one hand, so winning & grinning a villain on the other. Coach Dale shows that heart.
you just described his role in the Firm too. there's a scene where he realizes that he's been set up and won't get to sleep with... was it tom cruise?s wife... whre you see him turn inside out. such a consistently tip-top actor.

He's one of my favorite actors and did some good spy/espionage movies like Target, which is really underrated IMO, The Package, and Company Business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta have a lot of heart to be so conflicted a hero on one hand, so winning & grinning a villain on the other. Coach Dale shows that heart.
yeah, but Coach Dale hooks up with one of the biggest Wet Blanket characters in modern cinema.  

thought he was great in The Firm... and really so many others. hard not to vote for the conversation or french connection, but first role that popped in the head was hoosiers. so I went with that (and given the demographic in here, I assume will be the runaway winner)
I agree.  I think his best acting was in The Firm, which is an underrated movie. 

The Conversation. It's not a "big" character but it feels like Hackman wrings out every little bit of himself with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread