What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post a picture of your first car (1 Viewer)

whoa.  did you drag race it?  

That was THE car to have when I was in HS.  Also - the snub nose Camaro, AMC AMX, Chevelle SS ...then the bigger ones - GTO, Roadrunner, Charger.
What do you think?  I was a 16 year old punk kid.  

pretty sure my dad only bought it for me(had to pay him back) because he was sick of me driving his 911

Had her less than a year when a buddy wrapped it around a phone pole doing about 90(he was following me, I was in my fathers car)

Last edited by a moderator:
mine was a 63 amc rambler and if someone could put up a pic for me i would tell them they are a brohan take that to to the bank bromigos 
63 Rambler

i inherited a '60 in '74 with just 8K mi on it from an Irish uncle who literally only drove it on Sundays (church, cemetery, family dinners in the ol neighbahood). Sweet lil thing, pushbutton automatic w weird dayglo buttons, but the greatest feature i ever saw on a car - the bench front seat folded seamlessly into the back seat for a perfect bed, a fine thing for a fella in the music biz @ the time. bet even the salvage yard couldnt crush the stank outta that buggy...

Mine was sky blue.  Most vanilla car ever.
Mine was a hand me down from my mom c1994.   I still remember how mad my dad got one day -- he said something to the effect of "You better not be out hot-rodding around in that car".   He didn't like my reply of "You've driven that car.  You know as well as I do that's not remotely possible"

I sold that car for $300 right after I moved to Atlanta.  It barely ran, but some guy came and bought it and drove it away. 

I got a call 11 days later saying "Your car has been abandoned on the highway for 10 days now and it's about to be towed to the impound lot." :lmao:  

Our family car for many years was an Olds Custom Cruisers.  Similar to this, but I can't find a picture to do it justice.  It was silver, and the person we got it from had put chrome mag wheels on it.  It got some looks, let me tell you.  The best part of it was the 350ci engine.  The worst was the red vinyl interior that cooked your legs on hot summer days.

https://goo.gl/images/hxV7ZT
I've had this '94 Buick for a few years.  I take it to concerts, tailgating, camping, and on long trips.  It's a boat, but it can haul ###. One of these days I'll sell it. It still runs and rides great.

1981 Ford Mustang Hatchback with a 4 cylinder 4 speed

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/comment-image/191916.jpg

Parents bought it for me to drive before i turned 16 because they wanted me to learn to drive a stick.  Ended up teaching my sister and a few friends to drive using that car.  It also went through, i think, 2 engine changes, due to the timing belt.  I also put a nice tear/hole in the catalytic converter which the garage just removed and ran the exhaust from the manifold to the muffler.  Best thing is that it had a AM only radio with single in dash speaker.  Oh, it did have a sunroof...but it was this Sh!7 brown color with similar pinstriping and mouldings in the picture.  I think it also had the plaid cloth inserts with vinyl surrounds for the interior.

Sometimes i wish my parents would have just kept the 1980 Buick Skylark they bought for my sister that didn't even have a radio.  That was a fun car.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/165155511306140036/

1987 Pontiac Sunbird GT.  Mine looked just like this but was all black.  Loved that car. My Mom actually picked it out.  She came home with it with the car salesman, honked the horn and asked me to come out and look at it.  She knew I had been looking.  I said heck yeah, and we signed the papers that evening.

• Smile
:hifive:

Mine had tan interior as well.  Now that I think about it, mine may have been an '82.
Nice! Great car. I had my only accident in this car (knock on wood) rear ended a Civic at about 25 mph. Destroyed that poor Honda, towed away. My Volvo had a bit of a crinkle in the hood, the grill broke, and the bumper was a bit tilted.

Drove the car til about 200k miles. Gave to my little brother.

• Smile
Does a group purchase with a couple friends count? 59 GMC pickup That is the closest image I could find to it. We (3 of us) bought it for $50 each without a motor when I was 15. 6 months later it had a rebuilt Corvette engine smoking the tires. Another 6 months and Paul bought me and the other guy out because teenagers cannot share a vehicle. My sole proprietorship was... well... 75 Mustang 2.

1977 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe

My dad bought it from my friend's older sister for about a thousand bucks in 1987 so I could drive myself back and forth from college. Car was poop brown and so deeply uncool, and I grew to live it. Since it was "my" first car, I had no idea how special the top-end acceleration its slant-6 gave me was. It would go from 70 to 90 in a blink, would fly up the mountains of northeast Pennsylvania with ease.

I drove the wheels off it for four years, and after I graduated, my dad gave it back to the girl he bought it from. 

• Smile
gianmarco said:
"And she's still going strong. Early retirement here I come"
I've only had 3 cars in my life.

That one that my parents bought.

a 1998 Cavalier Z24 that I paid for 1/2 of.

And a 2004 Trailblazer that was the first car i bought fully for myself.. in 2004...  which is my current daily driver

(i suppose I also bought my wife's 2007 Accord)

'82 Mercury Cougar Silver body, dark red cigarette burn mark filled interior. Got it in '95 as a hand me down from my grandpa who'd recently passed. It was freedom. Thing was a boat but it was my boat. Velcro'd a discman to the dash (because you didn't want to leave that in the open for someone to steal) with the tape deck converter and crank it through the two none blown speakers. Thing broke down about every 3-4 months, but man oh man that back seat was spacious. Like sitting/laying on someone's sofa... 

Users who are viewing this thread