Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series!

2 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Rogue One was a fantastic movie

I agree. Liked it the best out of any of the reboots starting with Jar Jar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaysus said:

This is the way:  https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g

Oh #### yes!  That has to be Sabine in the hooded cloak.  Hopefully Sasha Banks can act in this type of role.

It fits the story perfectly since the last we saw Sabine, she was leaving with Ahsoka, who was not in the trailer but is in season 2.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Thanks 1

Once all episodes for s2 are available, I'm going to re-sign up for Disney+ for a month just to watch s2. 

Just finished re-watching Clone Wars and am going back through Rebels. My favorite character from Clone Wars was Asajj Ventress. Also got to like Cad Bane and Hondo Ohnaka while watching.

I would like to see Ventress, Bane and Hondo make an appearance as bounty hunters looking for Mando and the kid. I know the second season is in the can and none of this is likely, but a guy can hope, right?

:banned:

53 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Just finished re-watching Clone Wars and am going back through Rebels. My favorite character from Clone Wars was Asajj Ventress. Also got to like Cad Bane and Hondo Ohnaka while watching.

I would like to see Ventress, Bane and Hondo make an appearance as bounty hunters looking for Mando and the kid. I know the second season is in the can and none of this is likely, but a guy can hope, right.

We just started a rewatch of Rebels to prepare for Mandalorian season 2.

As for Ventress

Ventress died and was buried in the Clone Wars time frame.   They would have to do some resurrection type stuff to get her into the Mandalorian time frame.  I am happy though it looks like we get both Sabine and Ahsoka in season 2 of Mandalorian

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

We just started a rewatch of Rebels to prepare for Mandalorian season 2.

As for Ventress

Hide contents

Ventress died and was buried in the Clone Wars time frame.   They would have to do some resurrection type stuff to get her into the Mandalorian time frame.  I am happy though it looks like we get both Sabine and Ahsoka in season 2 of Mandalorian

Dude, watched every episode sober :sadbanana:, how did I miss that?

ETA: I'm going to go back and watch the last season of the Clone Wars, so maybe I missed it in there. 

Edited by drunken slob

13 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

Dude, watched every episode sober :sadbanana:, how did I miss that?

ETA: I'm going to go back and watch the last season of the Clone Wars, so maybe I missed it in there. 

After reading some more on this topic, it appears there is a ton that happens with her in novels and comics too.  Since this is Star Wars,  they can bring back a character at any time.  I think she may have come back from the dead in a comic but was put in a Sith trance at the end.  It is confusing to say the least because the time lines get jumbled.

There is also old cannon and new cannon stuff mixing.  It is a mess.  If you want to think she is alive, that is probably as good as thinking she is dead.

At this point, if they want, they can bring her back.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

After reading some more on this topic, it appears there is a ton that happens with her in novels and comics too.  Since this is Star Wars,  they can bring back a character at any time.  I think she may have come back from the dead in a comic but was put in a Sith trance at the end.  It is confusing to say the least because the time lines get jumbled.

There is also old cannon and new cannon stuff mixing.  It is a mess.  If you want to think she is alive, that is probably as good as thinking she is dead.

At this point, if they want, they can bring her back.

And just to be clear, when I mentioned Clone Wars time frame, I was talking the EU, not just the tv series.

I think I remember a rumor from a while ago that they were coming out with a series featuring Ahsoka.  Do you guys know if that's in the works?  I cut Disney+ after a couple of months due to lack of content so I'm out of touch with any news from them.

Carved pumpkins with the family tonight. Did my as the Mandalorian, guess I’m excited about Friday. Lol. 

• Like 2

Need to make this the ***Official*** thread! Can't wait till tomorrow, such a great show.

Always wondered why is there an extra M in the thread title?

• Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Capella said:

Always wondered why is there an extra M in the thread title?

:goodposting:

It's a little known fact that many Mandalorians are prone to stuttering. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Well, the Mandalorian keeps on knocking it out of the park. Just an awesome episode.

What did the Tusken Raiders find in the Krayt Dragon? Assuming it was an egg?

Edited by Deranged Hermit

I just want to say thanks for using the spoiler tag.  I wasn't even thinking and clicked in here, not having seen the ep yet.  Gracias!

• Thanks 1

I truly love everybody involved with the making of this show. 

• Like 4

That was good - kind of wish they dropped the episodes like Amazon did with The Boys by releasing the first 2-3 episodes initially and then one a week after that.

• Like 3

I just thought it was funny that Mando said they only had one shot at killing the dragon. Apparently they brought an extra bantha-full of explosives that they weren’t planning to use.

Great episode, even better Easter egg at the end.

• Like 2

Great first episode back. Love that they kept the serial feel while sprinkling in longer plots. 

• Like 1

Why is nobody talking about the end?

• Like 1

I mean I'm not even a Star Wars geek and that seems like a pretty big thing.  Right?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, shuke said:

I mean I'm not even a Star Wars geek and that seems like a pretty big thing.  Right?

Hell yes! Especially after the misdirection that was the rest of the episode!

1 hour ago, shuke said:

The only part I’m not sure I loved. I thought by bringing back the suit and having the Marshall do all the Fett tricks, that was their way of nodding to the fans, while he was still dead.

I’m not sure what purpose the character actually brings to the show as a whole? It’ll be cool to find out but I’m way more excited for Ashoka to show up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shuke said:

It is really cool but it is far from a big surprise.   It was known that Temuera had been cast for Season 2 for a while now.

6 hours ago, shuke said:

I had my kids bugging me and so missed something. What’s the big thing everyone is talking about that I missed??  Can someone put it in a spoiler tag?

1 hour ago, Otis said:

I had my kids bugging me and so missed something. What’s the big thing everyone is talking about that I missed??  Can someone put it in a spoiler tag?

the actor who played jango fett was watching from a distance. It could be bobba fett or one of the main guys from clone wars

Awesome opener.  Didn't realize they didn't do the whole season.  I have firmly become the guy that hates having to wait a week.  Ugh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Awesome opener.  Didn't realize they didn't do the whole season.  I have firmly become the guy that hates having to wait a week.  Ugh.

This is the way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4

2 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Hide contents

(The Ref reusing a spoiler) 

wasn’t there a quip in the episode that “nobody has ever survived the sarlak pit”...?  That screams boba fett

On 10/30/2020 at 9:32 AM, Deranged Hermit said:

Well, the Mandalorian keeps on knocking it out of the park. Just an awesome episode.

Hide contents

What did the Tusken Raiders find in the Krayt Dragon? Assuming it was an egg?

Fairly sure it was also a shout out to knights of the old republic as well.  That pearl was a big upgrade in the game, if I remember right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

My wife and I settled in last night at 8:00 pm to watch at least three episodes. Needless to say we were displeased (not with the episode but that we have to wait a week like peasants with cable tv). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

:pickle:. Watching later tonight, cant wait. 

Ok, that was awesome. 

19 hours ago, acarey50 said:

That was good - kind of wish they dropped the episodes like Amazon did with The Boys by releasing the first 2-3 episodes initially and then one a week after that.

Need to drop all episodes a d let the viewer choose when to watch.  One episode a week is antiquated.  

One episode a week has people talking all week. I enjoy it. 

I think the ending scene is awesome.  It almost has to be boba fett, doesn't it? Otherwise, we need to know what happened to him and find out what a retired clone is doing on Tatooine. Did Clone Wars ever bring clones to Tatooine?

Edited by Psychopav

23 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Need to drop all episodes a d let the viewer choose when to watch.  One episode a week is antiquated.  

Lol it’s a business decision. They don’t want you cancelling tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

Lol it’s a business decision. They don’t want you cancelling tomorrow. 

Jokes on them, I never signed up in the first place. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Psychopav said:

One episode a week has people talking all week. I enjoy it. 

Hide contents

I think the ending scene is awesome.  It almost has to be boba fett, doesn't it? Otherwise, we need to know what happened to him and find out what a retired clone is doing on Tatooine. Did Clone Wars ever bring clones to Tatooine?

Me too. Binging is nice, especially for a show you didn’t want in its first run, but I like the once a week aspect so that you enjoy a show for a couple months instead of a weekend.

I canceled my Disney+ subscription a while ago since I don't have kids, and there was so little content and nothing I hadn't already seen.  I have been waiting for season 2 to come out and I will sign up again for a month or 2.  I'm really disappointed they are still doing this weekly release format.  I highly prefer to watch several episodes at once for shows like this.  I'm probably going to wait until December to sign up.

3 hours ago, 36Kevon said:

Jokes on them, I never signed up in the first place. 

Ah, the give me quality content that I will not pay for when I want it argument. 

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Ah, the give me quality content that I will not pay for when I want it argument. 

Never said anything about quality.