What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (3 Viewers)

Enjoying the show a lot so far.  As others have said, I just like the western/samurai feel to the show, so far writing has been "different" but works for me.  I absolutely love the show artwork over the end credits, if they released some of those I'd have a new desktop background image.

He tracked down their camp and started shooting nonthreatening Jawas indiscriminately.
It was a startling moment for a show that advertises itself as being appropriate for kids.

(And I get that the Mandalorian is supposed to be some kind of immoral mercenary who will do whatever it takes to accomplish his task, yada yada yoda. But it was just a bit disturbing to see that kind of killing in the SW universe. I can't recall another incident in which a main character*  committed what essentially amounts to an act of murder, and then gets away with it. I guess it happened in Rogue One, but those guys didn't really get away with it because they all eventually died.)

*hero/protagonist/good guy/etc.
The Jawas have a scavenger culture and care very little for things that can't help the whole. You'll notice they aren't exactly broken up about their tribe members being killed. They knew the risks of stripping an unknown space craft. They even have the balls the demand a trade for his parts back. Do not mourn the Jawas. Disgusting creatures.

This show is the highlight of my week in terms of TV. The end scene of Ep 3 made my inner 12 year old all tingly! That's what we wanted to see ever since Boba went crying like a ##### into the sarlacc. Sure, the Jango scene in Attack of the Clones where he squares off against Obi Wan was cool, but then again, we had a Mando go down way too quickly later on. This is what I have been craving. 

This show is the highlight of my week in terms of TV. The end scene of Ep 3 made my inner 12 year old all tingly! That's what we wanted to see ever since Boba went crying like a ##### into the sarlacc. Sure, the Jango scene in Attack of the Clones where he squares off against Obi Wan was cool, but then again, we had a Mando go down way too quickly later on. This is what I have been craving. 
Pretty sure that neither Jango nor Boba were actually Mandolorians. They just appropriated their culture. 

This show makes me want to go back and watch Rebels again as it dove pretty heavily into Mandalorian culture. Luckily I have a Star Wars obsessed toddler who loves cartoons to do it with. 

This show makes me want to go back and watch Rebels again as it dove pretty heavily into Mandalorian culture. Luckily I have a Star Wars obsessed toddler who loves cartoons to do it with. 
A buddy at work found and article that listed the specific episodes in Rebels and other stuff that gave a background of the Mandalorians.  Something like that would be awesome if you didn't want to watch all the episodes for the show.  

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Pretty sure that neither Jango nor Boba were actually Mandolorians. They just appropriated their culture. 
Jango spends most of his time onscreen in attack of the clones without his helmet on

to me it just feels like A New Hope.   so many reminders of it embedded in the scenery

I appreciate that yoda isn't cgi,  in fact they seem to go out of their way to NOT use too much cgi, which is how it should be.   
100% agree, GB.  I still think the prequels wouldn't have been as disliked if they hadn't used so much CGI.  I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but :shrug:

100% agree, GB.  I still think the prequels wouldn't have been as disliked if they hadn't used so much CGI.  I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, but :shrug:
The new Disney+ app has got me going back and watching all of the first 6. The first three were limited by the tech of the day, then the next three Lucas went nuts on the computer. Someone should have told him, stick with a proven formula. The early cgi doesn't age well.

It's also very hard to get over how bad the acting is in the prequels. 

Having said that, I actually like the story line in 2&3, especially in 3 as you see palpatine taking control of annikan, and the final Darth Vader as Frankenstein transformation. It always struck me that at the moment of his rebirth, palpatine told him a lie.

The new Disney+ app has got me going back and watching all of the first 6. The first three were limited by the tech of the day, then the next three Lucas went nuts on the computer. Someone should have told him, stick with a proven formula. The early cgi doesn't age well.

It's also very hard to get over how bad the acting is in the prequels. 

Having said that, I actually like the story line in 2&3, especially in 3 as you see palpatine taking control of annikan, and the final Darth Vader as Frankenstein transformation. It always struck me that at the moment of his rebirth, palpatine told him a lie.
I remember an interview from back in the day with Hayden Christiansen blaming Lucas.  I'm paraphrasing from memory, but he said something to the effect of him having tried to give suggestions about playing certain things a different way, but Lucas insisted on getting what he eventually got.  Now, Hayden hasn't really been proven to be a great actor, but the prequels were some of Ewan McGreggor's worst work too.

By the way, there are a couple of star wars animated series. Which one should I watch?
There are three.

The Clone Wars

Rebels

Resistance

Clone Wars is very good.  Do not be put off by the slightly kiddish pilot movie, the series has a much more even tone.

Rebels was also very enjoyable.  It plays off of characters from The Clone Wars, so watch The Clone Wars first.

Resistance, to me, was awful.  I gave up after the first season.  No depth of story and the characters are very poorly written.  It will be cancelled after this current second season is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I agree on that point. I think the CGI was really in it's infancy compared to today and George wanted to showcase it like he showcased all the ILM stuff from the 70's. He just went a little overboard for what was capable at the time. 

They’ve retconned the Star Wars back story so much now hard to say if Boba or Jango are Mandalorian’s or not. We will see if they will ever be mentioned in the show in the “new universe” or whatever they call it now.

Boba I don’t think was ever thought to be a Mandalorian at any point, and the Jango being a Mandalorian storyline all came from expanded universe stuff (books and comics) that came out after Attack of the Clones and is no longer considered canon.

By the way, there are a couple of star wars animated series. Which one should I watch?
Lego ones are just for amusement, I think they are pretty funny. My favorite is the clone wars, rebels was ok, haven't checked out resistance yet.

Users who are viewing this thread