What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (5 Viewers)

I have to say, I should've read the rest of the thread before I responded to Scooter. He's on an epic fishing trip and I got hooked. Let's move on to the show and ignore the trolling. 

So good. But was anyone else disturbed that Mando gave the baby Yoda a little ball that was clearly a choking hazard? Seems odd for a hero to commit child endangerment acts. No?
Yea man if you’re flyin through the galaxy you gotta get those child locks 

Hahaha. Storm troopers... has there ever been anything dumber?  

This show is great. Although short the episode lengths feel just right. And that helmet is coming off. Book it. 

I appear to be in the minority but I'm bored with it. It moves really slow, the dialogue is meh, and it doesn't make me feel much for the characters. I hope it gets better. I hate to say it but it feels like fanfic level storytelling with a high budget for special effects. Disappointed.

I appear to be in the minority but I'm bored with it. It moves really slow, the dialogue is meh, and it doesn't make me feel much for the characters. I hope it gets better. I hate to say it but it feels like fanfic level storytelling with a high budget for special effects. Disappointed.
Loved the first episode.  Second episode I was like meh.  Haven't seen #3 but have to remind myself that this is on Disney and probably meant for kids so they'll likely keep it simple.   

Man I really appreciate the lack of talking and how it doesn’t over-explain everything. Makes up for it with gorgeous set pieces. Not everything has to be talked to death, it really does remind me of an old-timey western where some guy just rode a horse for 15 minutes. 

Man I really appreciate the lack of talking and how it doesn’t over-explain everything. Makes up for it with gorgeous set pieces. Not everything has to be talked to death, it really does remind me of an old-timey western where some guy just rode a horse for 15 minutes. 
This was the goal, yes? A space western, yes?

What's this now?
The Mandalorian is not telling us what planets are what in the series so far via text or speech.

Although through other forms of media, we know that Kuiil, the guy that Nick Nolte voices, is from a planet called Arvala-7, so that is the most likely planet that these Jawas live on.  The ones from the original trilogy were on Tatooine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mandalorian is not telling us what planets are what in the series so far via text or speech.

Although through other forms of media, we know that Kuiil, the guy that Nick Nolte voices, is from a planet called Arvala-7, so that is the most likely planet that these Jawas live on.  The ones from the original trilogy were on Tatooine.
How do you know where they're originally from though?

How do you know where they're originally from though?
I have no idea where they are originally from.  I am just saying these Jawas in the Mandalorian are not on the same planet as the Jawas in A New Hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't read anything about it going in, but just the first scene gave me the feeling I was watching a Star Wars/Clint Eastwood western mashup.  Loved it.

I think it's funny that the Jawas kept calling an egg "Suka."  Because in Russian, suka means b***h.   :lol:

I thought these big companies usually ran words through a database of some sort to ensure they weren't using a curse word in another language.  But I guess not Disney.  

I'm going to start trying to popularize the term, "Sup, egg?"

I saw an article where it said that the reason this show is so successful is because it combines space and the feel of the old west in a way that no show has ever done before.  And the Malcolm Reynolds in me wanted to cry a little. 
So far, this isn't even close to Firefly.

Not comparing the two.  But the article was taking a clear shot at Firefly.  Or they didn't know about it.  But Firefly was a great show that was a mix between space and an Old West feel.
It is interesting to note that Whedon and Favreau have very similar writing styles.

The big differences is that Whedon's show's were grouped based while, at least so far, we are basically watching the lone rider of the apocalypse in The Mandalorian.  It will be fun to see if his group expands from just him and the baby as the series progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread