What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Text exchange I just had with my wife (1 Viewer)

johnnycakes

Footballguy
Her:  I am at Hond [sic] service

Me:  Ok. Routine Service or was there some problem?  

Her: Inspiration and they check some problem in my car

Me:  Ok.  How long have you been there?  

Her:  3 hours

Me:  Aye aye aye.

Me:  That's not just a routine oil change!! 

Her:  I can't get the inspiration today,they need me came back at next Monday.

Me:  I don't now what the inspiration is but...  can you drive your car until Monday?

Me:  You aren't talking about an inspection sticker are you?

Her:  Yes I do get today

Her:  I do not get today

Me:  OK.  Try again.  Why did you bring your car in for service today?

Her: My car inspiration was May but totally forgot,I was showed that need inspiration yesterday by police man.

Me:  Ok now I got it.  I think.

Me:  So you went in for an inspection sticker today but for some reason you could not get a sticker today.  Am I on the right track?

Her:  Yes you got it.

Me:  Now for the big question...  why couldn't you get a sticker today?

Her:  I have to bring back on next Monday for all day

Me:  Is there a problem with your car?

Her:   :whistle:

ETA:

Her: First my car needs fix the lights in front of car

Her: So I have to bring my car go body shop

Me:  Sounds to me like we should bring it somewhere else for an inspection sticker

Her:  Yes

Me:  We'll take it to the Gulf station on Bedford Street.  I brought my Sequoia there last December after Lexington Toyota gave me a hard time about my tires.  They put a sticker on no problem.  Then I went and got new tires after that.  

So she's driving a 2012 Honda Civic with around 65k miles on it.  And it sounds like they found some problem with the inspection that requires them to order parts that should be in by next Monday.  Then she can plan to have the car at the dealership for the day on Monday.  

What's your take?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t see why a policeman would get involved.  Was it an issue with the lights?
I think she was driving around with an inspection sticker that expired May of 2018.  A sharp-eyed cop spotted it and was kind enough to just tell her to get an up-to-date inspection sticker on the car.  

I've taken the wifey’s Pilot to Honda service a few times and not once received either inspiration or a sticker.  They did change the cabin air filter for free, though, so there’s that 

What's an inspection sticker?  A registration sticker?
Here in MA, cars get brought in annually for a safety inspection.  Many service stations perform this task, but not all since it requires an investment in equipment for testing emissions (from what I understand).  Anyhow, it's separate from the registration.  

?

If a text starts to become more like a novel or it becomes a what the hell are you trying to tell me, I will call. I have a friend who sends obscure texts or ones that really should be a phone call. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
?

If a text starts to become more like a novel or it becomes a what the hell are you trying to tell me, I will call. I have a friend who sends obscure texts or ones that really should be a phone call. ?
I totally agree with this. This texting madness could be solved much easier if people learned basic manners, like how to end a phone conversation. 

Then again, Miss Manners was always against phone calls and for leaving Victorian-style cards when one wished to be in contact.  

I totally agree with this. This texting madness could be solved much easier if people learned basic manners, like how to end a phone conversation. 

Then again, Miss Manners was always against phone calls and for leaving Victorian-style cards when one wished to be in contact.  
What's worse is this friend has an ailing mother and a bro with addictions with health issues. The texts I get from her are mostly something bad is happening. 

Her: In the ER

Uh, are you or your brother or your mother in the ER, since all 3 are good possibilities. Should I come, since sometimes it's a no. No answer. I call, no answer so I worry. Then hours later I get a text saying all is well now. 

Me: so what happened?

Her: mother has low sodium again.

I tell her all the time how a phone call is in order for such things but she hates the phone because she talks all day at work.

?

What's worse is this friend has an ailing mother and a bro with addictions with health issues. The texts I get from her are mostly something bad is happening. 

Her: In the ER

Uh, are you or your brother or your mother in the ER, since all 3 are good possibilities. Should I come, since sometimes it's a no. No answer. I call, no answer so I worry. Then hours later I get a text saying all is well now. 

Me: so what happened?

Her: mother has low sodium again.

I tell her all the time how a phone call is in order for such things but she hates the phone because she talks all day at work.

?
She sounds -- the way you describe it -- like she needs some basic consideration for your worry and time. 

Pretty sure she got in a fender bender and the cop also noticed her inspection was out so now she needs the front end and lights repaired to pass inspection.  Shouldn't be over 5k.

“Okay. You have inspection license?”

“Special what?”

“Inspection license. You are inspect…”

“Oh, inspection. Sure, I have all that #### tough guy.”

I would have called her at line 3.  No way would I have maintained my sanity texting back and for with that exchange. 

Users who are viewing this thread