What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you rate the food at Wawa's? (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
Do you think it deserves the hype people in Philly give it? What's so special about their hoagies?

I think its its fantastic.... for a convenience store... As insein said, it doesn't stack up with a real sub shop, a real pretzel shop, etc. But in terms of the quick cheks, sheetz, 7-11's, cumberland farms, et al of the world, its a head above.  I'm lowcarbing now but damn the pretzels here are the best two bucks you can spend.

Been a long time since I've been to one, but aside from the convenience, there's quality ingredients. Amoroso's rolls and Dietz & Watson cold cuts make a solid sandwich. 

Do you think it deserves the hype people in Philly give it? What's so special about their hoagies?
From Philly originally and I never thought it was anything special.  Now that there’s practically one on every block in Tampa, my opinion has not changed.

It's not bad. It'll never beat a real hoagie shop but for fast food, it's the best you can do.
It was a real hoagie shop. Man, I miss the old Wawa’s back in CT growing up. Used to get 2 sandwiches a day during two a days in August. Fresh Portuguese rolls and great roast beef and cheese.

It was a helluva deli and not anywhere remotely like it is today.

For its category its the best around.   (sheetz, 7-11 etc)

Good coffee, mostly good food., convenient.     Some stuff is not all that good but a basic hoagie is usually pretty solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like their coffee well enough. Good chocolate donut. Their creamers taste extraordinarily fake. 

Their sandwiches are trash. 

Distribution is closer and easier :shrug:

total guess
Probably. Everything they have comes from one distribution center near Philly.

Most of their stuff is pretty good for a convenience store.

We're starting to get some Royal Farms near me in NJ and I have to say, their chicken products are MUCH Superior to Wawa's chicken products. The fried chicken, chicken fingers, and pulled chicken sandwiches are all very good.

Probably. Everything they have comes from one distribution center near Philly.

Most of their stuff is pretty good for a convenience store.

We're starting to get some Royal Farms near me in NJ and I have to say, their chicken products are MUCH Superior to Wawa's chicken products. The fried chicken, chicken fingers, and pulled chicken sandwiches are all very good.
Yep. Royal Farms chicken is what "they do".

We have one that just broke ground near me

Stopped at a WaWa for breakfast a couple of years ago... my kid thought I was nuts. Was tasty for what it is - Sheetz is not far behind IMHO. 

Along the same lines, I was down in MD last weekend and after hearing some hype I picked up some fried chicken and various sides from Royal Farms (another gas station/convenience store chain in PA/MD). Did not disappoint - boatloads better than Popeye's, KFC, etc. :thumbup:

We don't have Wa Wa's in western part of PA.  The closest we have is GetGo (owned by Giant Eagle) and Sheetz.   Never ate at any of them so I cannot rate

Wawa are all corporate stores and have very high standards for freshness and cleanliness,  so they will beat most convenience stores at food prep every time. I have seen how dedicated they  are to throwing out the old stuff and rotating fresh coffee etc in.

I guess I'll have to be that guy...

Sheetz >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wawa

My mom's youngest sister is named Sarah. When I was young I couldn't say Sarah so I called her Wawa and still do to this day. 

That is all. 

It's decent, the only convenience store I've eaten a sandwich from. 

Sheetz usually has clean restrooms. I've never tried their food.

Users who are viewing this thread