What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMA - just ate at a golden corral (1 Viewer)

That's gotta be very hard to digest. I assume you broke it up into pieces first. Maybe ran it thru the wood chipper? Ts and Ps.

How many plates did you iterate through? 
Just 3 and some banana putting for dessert

That's gotta be very hard to digest. I assume you broke it up into pieces first. Maybe ran it thru the wood chipper? Ts and Ps.
Title corrected 

You haz the bubble guts yet?
Things were going badly before we even left. Plus I had a steak and cheese from Jersey Mike’s for lunch so that didn’t help matters

We used to take my uncle out to eat a couple of times a year and he always wanted to go to GC. The first time I ate there I was shocked at the amount of obese people in wheelchairs getting wheeled up for their 4-5th plates...never seen so many people on oxygen and missing limbs as well.

The sad thing is you can make some good choices there if you have discipline.  I only had one plate and had a big salad, broiled bourbon chicken, baked chicken..had to sneak in a 5-6 fried shrimp though but no dessert. Stayed away from all the cheesy potatoes and other fried stuff. 

Good question 

so the wife went out with one of her friends and the kids were at their cousins and going to stay the night at grandmas

i was going to make some frozen orange chicken and egg rolls but then oldest didn’t want to stay so I had to go pick him up (had to take them clothes anyway it turns out)

so since it was just me and the 9 year old and I already wanted Chinese I talked him into the Chinese buffet by our house.  Never been (wife thinks it’s gross, little ones won’t eat much to justify it) and there used to be a good one by my old work and took him once and he liked it

so headed there but they were closed (not sure why, thought they looked open recently) so could be from a power outage (had some in the area) or health code violation 

at that point I wanted to go to a buffet so Wah Lah...Golden Corral

Did you leave a tip for the busboy, sorry busperson? 
No, not clear if I’m supposed to there.  Paid with debit, no place for tip, didn’t see anyone else leave one and waitress refilled our drink once 

How much did it cost?
~$25.  I thought about saving a dollar by saying kid was only 8 but he would have ratted me out

I won’t hate...I love me a buffet every now and then; Chinese or breakfast foods are my buffet of choice.  Anywho, hope you aren’t as economical on your terlet paper as your food

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Jeff Foxworthy or Deion Sanders there? 
I don’t believe so

Diet Coke I assume?
No diet pop tastes horrible.  I had cherry coke

With 90% of the patrons on rascals, was the buffet line tough to navigate?
It’s always very crowded

I won’t hate...I love me a buffet every now and then; Chinese or breakfast foods are my buffet of choice.  Anywho, hope you aren’t as economical on your terlet paper as your food
Usually charmin sensitive or other charmin but I’ll go with quilted northern too depending what’s on sale 

Users who are viewing this thread