What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone ever venture into Pierre, SD? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Currently sitting at gate in Orange County, CA... headed to snowy Denver for a layover and then on to Pierre, South Dakota for  a couple nights.  Tonight is shot as I get in at 10pm and going straight to hotel to decompress and sleep.  Driving to a reservation 90 minutes north of Pierre tomorrow to inspect progress of modular apartment building.  Will have tomorrow night free for dinner and a couple of cocktails. 

Did my due diligence and found a good place to get a steak - Mad Mary's.  An old co-worker who is originally from Pierre said I should drive a few miles out of town to Cattleman's but I think I'll just stay in Pierre where I can walk right from my cheap-aszz hotel.  Will get a drink or 3 at Bob's Lounge.  Great Yelp reviews.

Anyone ever been there?  Or heck, live there?

Also, since I have an hour to kill, AMA about all the exotic places I get to go for work!  :laughing emoji:

I've been to Pierre a few times.  I typically avoid it wherever possible, but occasionally I have no choice and have to go for one reason or another.

It is a flat-out weird town.  The only reason why it's a state capitol is because it's in the center of our state.  Nobody lives there who isn't employed by the government (almost) and there are no surrounding communities.  It just sits there in the middle of nowhere.  All of our state's population is at least a couple of hours away.  I don't know if it has regional air service.  It probably does, but I don't really know and I don't ever want to have a reason to find out.

Not a fan, as you can probably tell.  Have fun.  ;)   

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently sitting at gate in Orange County, CA... headed to snowy Denver for a layover and then on to Pierre, South Dakota for  a couple nights.  Tonight is shot as I get in at 10pm and going straight to hotel to decompress and sleep.  Driving to a reservation 90 minutes north of Pierre tomorrow to inspect progress of modular apartment building.  Will have tomorrow night free for dinner and a couple of cocktails. 

Did my due diligence and found a good place to get a steak - Mad Mary's.  An old co-worker who is originally from Pierre said I should drive a few miles out of town to Cattleman's but I think I'll just stay in Pierre where I can walk right from my cheap-aszz hotel.  Will get a drink or 3 at Bob's Lounge.  Great Yelp reviews.

Anyone ever been there?  Or heck, live there?

Also, since I have an hour to kill, AMA about all the exotic places I get to go for work!  :laughing emoji:
Been there many of times. The city exists only because of the state capital. Unless you want observe whatever controversial bill they’re pushing through or the latest on the AG who ran over and killed someone but still has his job, there’s really isn’t anything there. There is a strip club that I fondly remember as Hip Hop Hepatitis on the Fort Pierre side.

Been there many of times. The city exists only because of the state capital. Unless you want observe whatever controversial bill they’re pushing through or the latest on the AG who ran over and killed someone but still has his job, there’s really isn’t anything there. There is a strip club that I fondly remember as Hip Hop Hepatitis on the Fort Pierre side.
In our state, you have be specific when you talk about that government official who committed vehicular manslaughter. 

Be sure not to miss: The Oahe Dam, located just north of Pierre and Fort Pierre, creates the fourth-largest artificial reservoir in the United States; it’s also one of the largest earth-rolled dams in the world.

TIL that at 14k citizens, Pierre is the 2nd smallest state capitol behind only Montpelier, VT which has a population of 7,500

fascinating

IvanKaramazov said:
I don't know if it has regional air service.  It probably does, but I don't really know and I don't ever want to have a reason to find out.
It does.  I flew in from Denver last night.  Only one flight in, one flight out a day from what I understand.

Best lodging I could find was a Quality Inn, and it's quality is actually not all too terrible. 

This morning I drove 90 minutes north to the Cheyenne River reservation to inspect a modular apartment project and drove back.

Back to civilization come tomorrow morning.

Off to get a steak and drink at the local haunts here shortly.  

Thanks for the responses.  :)  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread