What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread (3 Viewers)

Another week, another double digit tackle day for the third round pick. Elijah Lee led the team in tackles, but Warner still finished with ten on the day. Lee seemed to be a better partner in the middle over Brock Coyle, but they were also facing a worse offense, so make of it what you will. Veteran Malcolm Smith returned to practice on Wednesday, as did the recently suspended Reuben Foster. The 49ers have some significant decisions to make as to which two will start at the MIKE and WILL linebacker positions.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/20/17881006/49ers-lions-recap-rookies-dante-pettis-fred-warner-mike-mcglinchey-dj-reed

We already knew Coyle is JAG and Malcolm pretty much is too, so I expect them to be out.  Now I don't have access to grades or all-22 so if either of the youngsters are making a ton of tackles because they are missing assignments or a liability then maybe Malcolm can play steady vet role and displace them while they learn.  From my initial analysis on Lee though he had sleeper stud written all over him so I think I'm putting my eggs in that basket first.  I don't know who's best suited to play SAM but I think Reuben is MIKE and the others get slotted by whoever can handle SAM responsibilities better.

Browns IDPs are looking like the real deal... still plenty of games left but damn that was fun to watch last night.

Ogunjobi - 4T 4A

Garrett - 3T 1S 2PD

Schobert - 4T 3A 2PD 1INT

Ward - 4T 1FF 1FR

Mitchell - 4T 1A 1PD 1INT

I own Peppers and have been disappointed thus far... watching last night it looks like he's not great (yet?) but he's also not getting lots of opportunities with the way that front is playing. I didn't start him... but I did start Ogun/Garrett/Schobert/Ward, each with double digit points. :o

Browns IDPs are looking like the real deal... still plenty of games left but damn that was fun to watch last night.

Ogunjobi - 4T 4A

Garrett - 3T 1S 2PD

Ward - 4T 1FF 1FR

I own Peppers and have been disappointed thus far... watching last night it looks like he's not great (yet?) but he's also not getting lots of opportunities with the way that front is playing. I didn't start him... but I did start Ogun/Garrett/Schobert/Ward, each with double digit points. :o
Not to be nit picky, but as a fellow Garrett owner I had to go back and double check. Garrett had 3T, 2S, 1PD.

Probably just a typo on your part, but don't shortchange yourself... your night was even better.  ;)

Those here who were touting Ogunjobi in the preseason deserve a lot of credit. Your eyes didn't deceive you. Well done, especially for those in DT-required leagues.

This type of discussion is why I still come here.

Not to be nit picky, but as a fellow Garrett owner I had to go back and double check. Garrett had 3T, 2S, 1PD.

Probably just a typo on your part, but don't shortchange yourself... your night was even better.  ;)
Indeed... this is why I usually copy/paste! lol. Thanks!

Those here who were touting Ogunjobi in the preseason deserve a lot of credit. Your eyes didn't deceive you. Well done, especially for those in DT-required leagues.

This type of discussion is why I still come here.

+1. great call so far that I have benefited from also.  Thanks

Ogunjobi - 4T 4A

Garrett - 3T 1S 2PD

Ward - 4T 1FF 1FR

Snap counts haven't been kind to Peppers, but given his actual play I don't really understand why.  Not that Kindred has been bad - it's just Peppers is clearly better.  He is trending in the right direction though - 42% w1, 55% w2, 63% w3.  Perhaps with the long layoff he'll finally get full time reps in Oakland.

Snap counts haven't been kind to Peppers, but given his actual play I don't really understand why.  Not that Kindred has been bad - it's just Peppers is clearly better.  He is trending in the right direction though - 42% w1, 55% w2, 63% w3.  Perhaps with the long layoff he'll finally get full time reps in Oakland.
Ok, thanks for the info. I was watching on my phone while playing a game on my PC so it was a bit tough to pick out jersey numbers. lol 

i think this is also happening to Adrian Amos in Chicago too. he's underwhelmed in production so far but then he wasn't very special. he was good for tackles once he became a starter.

Couple of early disappointments from players on my squads: Avery Wiliamson, Vic Beasley, Hyder, Farley, and maybe Amos. Wiliamson had been a steady, reliable tackler but he's not doing much in the Bowles system. Beasley is MIA again. Hyder was a roll of the dice. Farley was a gamble and buried on my roster. Amos may not get the same production with the front 7 gashing the opposition and disrupting their playcalling.

Most of these guys are in danger of getting dropped in favor of trending players. Curious to hear what other standbys are looking like disappointments from the gang here...
Sack and a half last night!

As long as Berry remains out I am rolling with Eric Murray. Played 100% each of first two games. Nothing game changing but appears to be solid tackle floor while he's in there. Not bad for a guy you can grab off the wire.

Vander Esch is intriguing. He's put up a few solid games now. Curious to see the Dallas LBs snap counts... Looks like they all feasted mainly bc Seattle ran the ball some 40 times.

Vander Esch is intriguing. He's put up a few solid games now. Curious to see the Dallas LBs snap counts... Looks like they all feasted mainly bc Seattle ran the ball some 40 times.
I believe Lee hurt his other hamstring and sat most of the 4th quarter as well.  That contributed to LVE's increased opportunity.

I believe Lee hurt his other hamstring and sat most of the 4th quarter as well.  That contributed to LVE's increased opportunity.
Sean Lee is hurt?! No way! 

LVE should be a nice plug and play for as long as Lee sits, but I want to know what happens to his playing time (assuming he plays well in Lee's absence) when  Lee gets back on the field?

Anyone what the snap counts looked like for the Charger LBers?   I've been trying to follow Kyzir White's progress.   If anyone watched the game, your evaluation would be appreciated, thx! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Derwin James is a stud even as a rookie, of course he’s going to make some rookie mistakes, but damn he glides around. You watch him and he doesn’t seem that fast until you seem in comparison to another player. This kid is legit and will be a superstar. 

White, to me looks good, I think with most rookie LB’ers there is an NFL “strength” if you will, that most rookies don’t have. I think next year when he adds 10-15 pounds of muscle and gets near the strength of the players he’s playing against, he will be a stud. This year he will be a very good rookie. He’s definitely got good sideline to sideline speed and seems like a smart player. 

Josey Jewell sighting... 4 T, 4 A, 1 PD

No idea if there was an injury ahead of him or he's earning more PT
I haven't seen snap counts, but I think he got in a bit more yesterday. I'm watching closely. He's a tackle producing monster when he's on the field. 

Marshall has been banged up a bit so maybe that plays into it.

Anyone what the snap counts looked like for the Charger LBers?   I've been trying to follow Kyzir White's progress.   If anyone watched the game, your evaluation would be appreciated, thx! 
Chargers Week 3 snap counts, DEF: J Addae 77, D King 77, D James 77, C Hayward 77, T Williams 75, M Ingram 64, K White 60, D Perryman 59, I Rochell 56, D Philon 54, B Mebane 44, D Square 27, C Landrum 23, J Jones 21, U Nwosu 19, J Brown 19, A Phillips 16, M Davis 2.

per twitter

Anybody have any insight on Efe Obada DE CAR? It appears he went from Zero snaps in Weeks 1&2 to a 1 Tackle, 1TFL, 1INT, 1 Sack and 1 PD line in Week 3.

Anything to see here or just a one week wonder? Panthers are on Bye this week. 

Last night was the 1st Steelers game I saw this season and I was amazed how well Bostic played. In the first two weeks I think he played around 55-65% of the snaps and Williams played 100%.  I can't find Snap Counts for Wk 3 yet, but this must have changed because Bostic was flying around the field wreaking havoc and Williams was rarely mentioned other than a horse collar tackle on Fitzpatrick. Any Steelers' fans seeing Bostic as the ILB to own?

Anybody have any insight on Efe Obada DE CAR? It appears he went from Zero snaps in Weeks 1&2 to a 1 Tackle, 1TFL, 1INT, 1 Sack and 1 PD line in Week 3.

Anything to see here or just a one week wonder? Panthers are on Bye this week. 

Last night was the 1st Steelers game I saw this season and I was amazed how well Bostic played. In the first two weeks I think he played around 55-65% of the snaps and Williams played 100%.  I can't find Snap Counts for Wk 3 yet, but this must have changed because Bostic was flying around the field wreaking havoc and Williams was rarely mentioned other than a horse collar tackle on Fitzpatrick. Any Steelers' fans seeing Bostic as the ILB to own?
Bostic 54 snaps/73% on defense +11 ST snaps

Williams 74 snaps/100% on defense + 5 ST

***UNOFFICIAL***

I am replacing a non-responsive owner in a salary cap league. Any 101 type sites for salary leagues would be appreciated. Seems mostly straight forward and obvious but doesn't hurt to read up.

I am replacing a non-responsive owner in a salary cap league. Any 101 type sites for salary leagues would be appreciated. Seems mostly straight forward and obvious but doesn't hurt to read up.
Been too long for me, so no good sites for reading.  Read and React and Individual Defensive Podcast are my favorite audio resources (plus Locked on NFL Draft if it's dynasty or devo and you want a headstart on future rook prospects).

As far as league-specific issues and roster management, you could do far worse than posting anything you wonder about here.  The handful of regulars on this little corner of the FBG board are quite knowledgable and generally very willing to type a few paragraphs giving their thoughts and showing their work.  It's my go-to when I have a question about my IDP guys.

Jerome Baker's snap count increased to 61% this past week and he took that opportunity to tackle mad people. Was this simply situational or could Baker continue to see increased playing time moving forward. Anyone with Miami insights?

Jerome Baker's snap count increased to 61% this past week and he took that opportunity to tackle mad people. Was this simply situational or could Baker continue to see increased playing time moving forward. Anyone with Miami insights?
I hear Todem was at the game.  He might have some insights

Gally said:
I hear Todem was at the game.  He might have some insights
It's in the IDP upgrade/downgrade waivers saying the McMillian is struggling in coverage and Baker is taking over on passing downs

It's in the IDP upgrade/downgrade waivers saying the McMillian is struggling in coverage and Baker is taking over on passing downs
What are your thoughts on McMillan vs Baker?  McMillan was one of my keepers this year and thru the first 3 games, he's on the field more than Baker but he's closing that % gap every week.  Week 3 it was 79% vs 62%.  Even with 17% less snaps, Baker crushed him in tackles with 7 solos and 2 assists  vs McMillan's 2 Solos and 2 assists. Heck, McMillan only has 8 solo tackles thru 3 games. 

I'm feeling like I'm answering my own question with the stats..  ugh, I had such high hopes for McMillan this year.  F!

And what are the thoughts on Kenny Young?  He seems like a beast out there and I wouldn't be surprised if he continued to get a large % of the snaps even when CJ gets back.  Anyone have the scoop on that situation?  

What are your thoughts on McMillan vs Baker?  McMillan was one of my keepers this year and thru the first 3 games, he's on the field more than Baker but he's closing that % gap every week.  Week 3 it was 79% vs 62%.  Even with 17% less snaps, Baker crushed him in tackles with 7 solos and 2 assists  vs McMillan's 2 Solos and 2 assists. Heck, McMillan only has 8 solo tackles thru 3 games. 

I'm feeling like I'm answering my own question with the stats..  ugh, I had such high hopes for McMillan this year.  F!
I am a raging Buckeye fan and I have long thought that after JT Barrett, McMillan was the most overrated OSU player I have ever seen.  He's never in the right spot and he is always finding new and exciting ways to get himself blocked.  He racked up a ton of tackles because he was on the field a bunch and the rest of the LB were even worse.  OSU has long had a "bend don't break" defense and it's not by design, it's because of LB's that teams can run right at and target in the passing game and they can't stop them.  Once teams hit the red zone and the back of the endzone takes away the deep field the safeties come up and tighten everything up. 

As an Alonso owner I approve of McMillan starting and eating up blocks though.

He's been out so he might have gotten dropped or was flying under radar.

Emmanuel Ogbah is back but he is coming off an ankle injury and it 'might' slow him down a bit but he's chomping at the bit to get in on the sack action.

Emmanuel Ogbah says he's back this week for the Browns

... Ogbah missed the last two games with an ankle injury...

... he's had to sit and watch while teammates Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi have combined for seven sacks. Garrett is tied for the league lead with four sacks and Ogunjobi is tied for sixth with three.

"I told them I'm coming for them," Ogbah said. "I'm coming for them."
I've been patiently waiting to see Garrett and Ogbah on the same field healthy together but now with Ogunjobi they will be creating whirlpools of pressure so their will be a lot of opportunities for clean up sacks if his ankle is healthy.

Ogunjobi - 4T 4A

Garrett - 3T 1S 2PD

Ward - 4T 1FF 1FR

What should be expected of Kirksey when he returns? LB2 or LB3?

Safety updates...

Reid signed today to replace Searcy. Rookie Rashaan Gaulden isn't ready anytime soon.

Whitehead as SS in Tampa replacing Conte. 

Richards at SS in Atlanta. Kazee staying at FS.  

Safety updates...

Reid signed today to replace Searcy. Rookie Rashaan Gaulden isn't ready anytime soon.

Whitehead as SS in Tampa replacing Conte. 

Richards at SS in Atlanta. Kazee staying at FS.  
These are good updates, thank you. Where did you read or hear them, not doubting, just curious. 

Derwin James is PFF’s best rated rookie so far and also is grading out as San Diego’s top pash rusher. Tampa Bay has done some good things drafting (Howard, Godwin, David, Evans) but passing on James ranks up their with trading up for a kicker and drafting him in the 2nd.

Probably safest to assume he's LB4... if he and Collins are 60/40 like they were week 1 it could be tough for either to get solid, reliable weekly points. With Avery seeing snaps as a pass rusher it's going to be unpredictable for all 3. 
I think it depends on the Raiders personnel.  If last week's trends carry forward (a lot of Bryant and LaFell) then I'm afraid you're right.  But I think that's a poor approach to try to combat this team.  If there's a flood of 2 RB a/o 2 TE sets, I think there should, then Kirksey stays on the field more.

And what are the thoughts on Kenny Young?  He seems like a beast out there and I wouldn't be surprised if he continued to get a large % of the snaps even when CJ gets back.  Anyone have the scoop on that situation?  
Looks like Mosely should be back this week according to rotoworld.  Any thoughts on still starting Kenny Young or reservations of starting Mosely?  I have both so I am debating whether or not I start either of them.  I would have to assume someone is going to have a good game but which is more likely?  Thoughts?

Looks like Mosely should be back this week according to rotoworld.  Any thoughts on still starting Kenny Young or reservations of starting Mosely?  I have both so I am debating whether or not I start either of them.  I would have to assume someone is going to have a good game but which is more likely?  Thoughts?
I think you've gotta go Mosley. Young has been great but I'd expect Mosley to go right back to full time, though he may not be 100% of snaps for this week. (I benched Ramik Wilson who went off last night for Mosley.... maybe I'm just being overly hopeful? lol)

MAC_32 said:
I think it depends on the Raiders personnel.  If last week's trends carry forward (a lot of Bryant and LaFell) then I'm afraid you're right.  But I think that's a poor approach to try to combat this team.  If there's a flood of 2 RB a/o 2 TE sets, I think there should, then Kirksey stays on the field more.
So what you're saying is that Chucky will be running 4-wide all day? :D

It sounds like Marcus Maye is almost ready to return to the Jets lineup. Will he push Middleton to the bench or will there be some kind of 3 way split at Safety between Adams, Middleton and Maye?

Users who are viewing this thread