What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Doors (1 Viewer)

Their songs just don't stand the test of time.  Most are annoying at best.  Any more than one Doors song and I'm leaving wherever it may be getting played.

If you ever turn off Riders on the Storm I hate you and hope you die a thousand deaths every second of your miserable life. 

Ammiright?
Only miserable when crappy Doors songs are  being forced upon me.

How many Doors posters did you have hanging in your dorm room?  O/U 2.5....

There’s a huge soft spot in my heart for them due to my surroundings when I was becoming musically aware, but understand the hate when anyone voices it. 

I like the Doors. Then again, I own a pair of jorts that I just bought willingly that hit below the knee and have paint splatters and holes. 

LA Woman/you're my woman

Even if you don't appreciate the poetry of Jim Morrison and find some of the songs indulgent, I think you would like Break on Through, L.A. Woman, People are Strange, Love Her Madly and Love Me Two Times. They're pretty straight-forward good songs. Ok, maybe straightforward isn't the right description for L.A. Woman but you still can't not like it.

Interesting.  So, I'm not sure if all this non-sense about not liking the Doors, Metallica, Rush and all these other bands is old fashioned trolling, pot stirring, hipsters just being hipsters or what the deal is but it just makes me wanna crank up my overrated, no talent, awful music I like that much more. Carry on.

I don`t go out of my way to listen to the Doors but when I head one of their songs on the radio I enjoy it.  Just heard "Touch Me" last week for the first time in years and liked it. Hard to believe Morrison was dead at 27.

Interesting.  So, I'm not sure if all this non-sense about not liking the Doors, Metallica, Rush and all these other bands is old fashioned trolling, pot stirring, hipsters just being hipsters or what the deal is but it just makes me wanna crank up my overrated, no talent, awful music I like that much more. Carry on.
Thats the first time I have ever been compared to a hipster.   Can a hipster be a mid 40's dad of 3 kids?

Even if you don't appreciate the poetry of Jim Morrison and find some of the songs indulgent, I think you would like Break on Through, L.A. Woman, People are Strange, Love Her Madly and Love Me Two Times. They're pretty straight-forward good songs. Ok, maybe straightforward isn't the right description for L.A. Woman but you still can't not like it.
I do like the songs that you listed but I don't consider myself to be a Doors fan.  I think I have a Doors album but it has been many years since I played it.  They are very dated. 

Liking The Doors is a sure sign your kid is smoking pot. If you see a Jim Morrison poster in their room, check the sock drawer. 

I still like them, but I do see where people would turn on them - the music doesn't quite hold up as well as some other classic bands. Still, the long version of Light my Fire is a good listen, LA Woman is a fantastic song, and I have a soft spot for Riders. 

I CRANKED Peace Frog the other day while driving four 15 year olds to hockey practice. They all claimed to like it despite the lack of f-bombs and n-words therein.

I wish that I had the singing voice that Morrison had. Not too many frontman have the vocals that he threw out there.

Hold up here....I'm 45.  I started listening to The Doors when I was in 6th or 7th grade.  Sure, sounded great then.  Some of it sounds good now.  But my god, how can you older guys not be sick to death of hearing People Are Strange or Light My Fire?  How much is enough?  For me, enough was by my late teens.  I was moving on to newer stuff that radio wasn't killing or finding stuff that radio never touched.  

I love Rush, but I can't listen to Tom Sawyer anymore.  I love Led Zeppelin, but I can't listen to Black Dog or many other songs that radio just massacred.  

Metallica just sucks.

Hold up here....I'm 45.  I started listening to The Doors when I was in 6th or 7th grade.  Sure, sounded great then.  Some of it sounds good now.  But my god, how can you older guys not be sick to death of hearing People Are Strange or Light My Fire?  How much is enough?  For me, enough was by my late teens.  I was moving on to newer stuff that radio wasn't killing or finding stuff that radio never touched.  

I love Rush, but I can't listen to Tom Sawyer anymore.  I love Led Zeppelin, but I can't listen to Black Dog or many other songs that radio just massacred.  

Metallica just sucks.
I think because I'm a rider on the storm and maybe it's because people are strange?  I don't know.  I do know not every song from the doors lights my fire but sometimes I just have roadhouse blues but then again maybe you're a lost little girl, a wild child?  I just take it as it comes myself.  I met my wife on moonlight drive, I asked her to touch me and then love me two times and now I love her madly.  The End.

Metallica sucks?  You should ride the lightning man. . . don't make me do this with Metallica songs! ;0

Last edited by a moderator:

Metallica just sucks.
I hear you and to help my ears out I have not actively listened to the "classic rock" that you mentioned (unless it were lesser played tracks) in decades.

I mainly listen to public & college stations if I have the radio on

So when I visit my old stoner friends this type of music they play has at least a short term re-freshness, if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread