What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs Top 3 songs: Tom Petty (closed) (1 Viewer)

So tough for me:

Even the Losers

The Wild One, Forever

Listen to Her Heart

about 40 more that I could put in and be ok with it.

American Girl

Mary Janes Last Dance

Running Down a Dream

This was really difficult.  I could have easily listed ten songs as my top 3.  Petty has a ton of great songs.  He was very underrated to me until he passed and I actually thought about his music. 

A Woman In Love (But It's Not Me)

Here Comes My Girl

Louisiana Rain

Honorary mention to their live cover of "So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star". Great version.

The Waiting

Even the Losers

Don't Come Around Here No More

And about 30 others...

One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Huge Petty fan lately (thanks SiriusXM 31).  I find myself tuning in there a lot on my way to and from the office

That said it's: 

Learning to Fly

You got lucky (ask any of my hoes) 

Into the Great Wide Open.

I always like Petty, but I don't think I realized how great he was until after his death.   Started hearing all of his songs played a little more, and thought damn he made a lot of great music.  

Refugee 

Breakdown 

Free Falling 

But a real top 3 is impossible for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a tough one..he's got a lot of songs that are pretty equal in my mind but I do like these 3 a lot

Refugee

Runnin Down A Dream

Mary Jane's Last Dance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to this thread, I watched that whole concert this morning.  So good.  What a great live act.  Glad I saw him.  1995, Jackson, MS.  
1989 Full Moon Fever tour at Poplar Creek in Illinois. Replacments were the opening act and got booed off the stage, while I stood there like the ‘HOORAY! IM FOR THE OTHER TEAM’ guy from Schoolhouse Rock.

Saw him one other time in 1990 with Kravitz as the opener. 

Both times they killed. Just a great performer and the fans were as involved as I’ve ever seen with any other artist. The guy could have really just mailed it in if he wanted to and let the crowd sing the songs for him. 

1989 Full Moon Fever tour at Poplar Creek in Illinois. Replacments were the opening act and got booed off the stage, while I stood there like the ‘HOORAY! IM FOR THE OTHER TEAM’ guy from Schoolhouse Rock.

Saw him one other time in 1990 with Kravitz as the opener. 

Both times they killed. Just a great performer and the fans were as involved as I’ve ever seen with any other artist. The guy could have really just mailed it in if he wanted to and let the crowd sing the songs for him. 
They booed The Replacements????

Saw Love & Rockets in 1988 (I think) at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. This awful band named Janes Addiction opened and also got loudly booooooooooooed.  Including by me. :bag:

Became a huge fan later.... :lmao:

Saw Love & Rockets in 1988 (I think) at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. This awful band named Janes Addiction opened and also got loudly booooooooooooed.  Including by me. :bag:

Rare I ever hear this band mentioned. Own one disc by them I kind of like (bought for the song "Sweet Lover of Mine"-if that is even the title.

Wow.

As for the mats, Yes they did. Tommy grabbed the mic as the rest of the band walked off stage and whistled the Andy Griffith theme song into it while flipping off the crowd. Legend has it that wasn’t the only stop on the tour where there were problems. If I remember correctly, they eventually just quit the tour.

Most unexpected  booing of a band I saw, but they totally deserved it, was Smashing Pumpkins at home in Chicago. It was an epic bill with Pearl Jam opening and RHCP headlining. Pumpkins were awful that night and people were throwing buckets of beer at them from the balcony seats. 

man, picking just three is damn near impossible, I'll probably have different choices tomorrow.

Breakdown

Time To Move On

Walls (Circus)

Users who are viewing this thread